Vegas with Teens - Would you splurge?

Nice report. Haven't had frog legs in years so not sure if I'd be willing to try even at Bacchanal. Will look into that walking tour.

Looking forward to hearing about the Fashion Show Mall...

Nice report. Haven't had frog legs in years so not sure if I'd be willing to try even at Bacchanal. Will look into that walking tour.

Looking forward to hearing about the Fashion Show Mall...
Oh, besides frog legs they also have normal food. The quality is excellent, too. I’d give it a try. I understand the buffet at the Wynn is also high quality stuff.
We’re doing Le Village at Paris today for brunch.

Back in the dreary NorthEast after fabolous weather out west. We arrived on Tuesday afternoon and left yesterday morning. We covered a lot of ground in the 5 nights we were there. We hit the welcome to Vegas sign, Bacchanal buffet, Marvel Avengers Station, Paris buffet, Eiffel Tower Experience, Mandalay Bay/Delano (stayed there), Miracle Mile Shops, Fashion Show Mall, Bayside Buffet, Las Vegas Museum of Natural History, Neon Museum, Fremont Street, The Strip, Palazzo/Venetian (we stayed there), Promenade at the Linq, Bellagio Fountains, Forum Shoppes, Madame Tussauds, and finally, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam, Zion National Park! Whew!

We travelled with our 2 kids, ages 8 and 11. Yes, they missed school. The weather was fabulous, 75-77 each day, low humidity. One of Mandalay Bay's pool was open and we took advantage. If there is anything specific you want to know, just reply here.

Best hotel we stayed at was Palazzo hands down. Best Mall was Fashion Show Mall-they had a runway show while we were there featuring models wearing Express clothing.
Best buffet was Caesars-Bacchanal. Mandalay Bay's buffet was disgusting and akin to Golden Corral. It wasn't cheap either -$36 for adults so we were rightfully disappointed.

Fremont street and the strip was bananas....so inappropriate for kids. Chippendales giving free shows and pictures with tourists and naked women with paint on. They were handing out cards for prostitutes and handed one to my hubby right in front of me and the kids! Unbelievable. We aren't sure when we will go back to Las Vegas except to use it as a starting point for a National Parks tour. I'm no prude and the kids have seen things in Times Square but this was on a different level..lol

We are planning a California trip for July 2019.

Last edited:
Fremont street and the strip was bananas....so inappropriate for kids. Chippendales giving free shows and pictures with tourists and naked women with paint on. They were handing out cards for prostitutes and handed one to my hubby right in front of me and the kids! Unbelievable. We aren't sure when we will go back to Las Vegas except to use it as a starting point for a National Parks tour. I'm no prude and the kids have seen things in Times Square but this was on a different level..lol

Yikes! This is my fear. We plan on taking my DD15 and DS12 and doing many of the same things you did. I have sort of worried a bit about the Strip and Fremont Street. My husband and I were in Vegas several years ago, so I want to think I know how to avoid that part of the Strip. As for Fremont, things must have changed because it wasn't crazy or inappropriate. There were a few beggars, buskers, etc, but no nudity. Now you have me rethinking things a bit.

Yikes! This is my fear. We plan on taking my DD15 and DS12 and doing many of the same things you did. I have sort of worried a bit about the Strip and Fremont Street. My husband and I were in Vegas several years ago, so I want to think I know how to avoid that part of the Strip. As for Fremont, things must have changed because it wasn't crazy or inappropriate. There were a few beggars, buskers, etc, but no nudity. Now you have me rethinking things a bit.
In all fairness we went to both last June. Things were fine. But I think it had to do with the fact that it was 120 degrees outside so not many people on the strip..lol They were out in full force last week. Also lots of people falling down drunk and scantily clad tourists at around 6pm at night on a Friday and Saturday night...

In all fairness we went to both last June. Things were fine. But I think it had to do with the fact that it was 120 degrees outside so not many people on the strip..lol They were out in full force last week. Also lots of people falling down drunk and scantily clad tourists at around 6pm at night on a Friday and Saturday night...

You definitely have me rethinking...

We did California last year, btw - quick trip covering Hollywood, Warner Bros studio tour, Huntington Beach and 3 days in Disneyland. Kids loved it! Maybe we will do Cali again. ;)

I thought both the strip and Fremont street were fine. We were not taken aback by anything. Near the Promonade stores we did have one guy say in front of my teens, "hey do you want to party with sluts!?" We just laughed about it. We saw partially nude people on Fremont street but there was no totally nude. Some girls just had a circle or even electrical tape over their nipple so I think the rule is to have the nipples covered. Lots of butts showing but no frontals.

We also didn't "stop" on Fremont. We kept moving and walking. We only stopped a couple times for 5 minutes here or there to watch a street performer that we found interesting. I am sure if you stop and sit or stand for a length of time, more people will stand out.

We were on Fremont about 8PM-ish?

I thought both the strip and Fremont street were fine. We were not taken aback by anything. Near the Promonade stores we did have one guy say in front of my teens, "hey do you want to party with sluts!?" We just laughed about it. We saw partially nude people on Fremont street but there was no totally nude. Some girls just had a circle or even electrical tape over their nipple so I think the rule is to have the nipples covered. Lots of butts showing but no frontals.

We also didn't "stop" on Fremont. We kept moving and walking. We only stopped a couple times for 5 minutes here or there to watch a street performer that we found interesting. I am sure if you stop and sit or stand for a length of time, more people will stand out.

We weren't out at Fremont super late when we went. I'm thinking of trying to book the zip line early and get out before things get too crazy.

Maybe your experience was different because it was colder when you went? It was 75-77 when we went last week...

We weren't out at Fremont super late when we went. I'm thinking of trying to book the zip line early and get out before things get too crazy.
My friend sent us a pic of a man in a g string at 5:00 pm. I don't think time means anything. I've been there at night and it is pretty crazy. My son is 18 but I still think we will give it a pass.

My friend sent us a pic of a man in a g string at 5:00 pm. I don't think time means anything. I've been there at night and it is pretty crazy. My son is 18 but I still think we will give it a pass.
Yes I think the key is good weather brings out the "freaks". We didn't have a problem when it was 120 degrees in June. The strip was fine..tame even.. which is why we went back with the kids. This time with 75-77 degree weather and low humidity, it was packed with people, many of whom had body paint on as "clothes" and actively soliciting tourists to take pictures with them saying "Welcome to Vegas wohoo"..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter