Vegetable gardens?

Hi! Who has planted vegetables this year? I planted tomatoes, green pepper and white eggplant plants. I planted cucumber and zucchini seeds. I live in NJ.
Coming up on planting time The weather has not cooperated and it's been really cool. Soil temp finally reacher 60 today. Afraid to plant tomatoes and peppers!
What are you planting so far?

I got nothing, and dont plan on it. Unfortunately, I travel a bit with my camper and come home to either an all dead garden or all weeds. Good luck to everyone else. It is fun, but you need the time to spend tending it!

Replaced a few herbs that didn’t winter over, but other than that I haven’t shopped for veggies yet. Looking at wax beans and mini-bell peppers. Neighbour always has too many tomatoes, so I don’t bother with those. Gave up on corn after watching the raccoons drag whole stalks over the fence :rolleyes2

I just planted potatoes. Trying three kinds this year; German butterball, French fingerling and purple Viking. I bought them from a new place so I’m curious how they will do.

Also reworking a perennial flower bed. It was looking a little sad.

Hi there, I am planting tomatoes, eggplant, jalapeno and other hot peppers, and some herbs. Going to give sugarbaby watermelons a try this year as my let's-see venture. I do everything in containers, being bound in by my small cemented patio in Philly. It's not a bad patch, though--my two container blueberry bushes can give about a pint of berries in a good year. Lots of watering and fertilizing, though. Good luck to everyone!

Re-graded, fenced, and expanded the garden this year. Very excited. Trying eggplant for the first time,

I have fantasies of garden to table ratatouille this fall

Tomato, squash, peppers, eggplants, string beans all planted. Half in pots and half on the ground. Not much dirt in our yard. Can't wait for fresh basil and vegetables :)

We are on vacation…I’m hoping my family has taken care of the garden.

We have harvested cherry tomatoes. How is everyone’s garden?

We are on vacation…I’m hoping my family has taken care of the garden.

We have harvested cherry tomatoes. How is everyone’s garden?
Doing well depite the heat and earlier cool weather and drought
Harvested all of the kale, lettuce, cabbage before infestations. Got first cherry tomatoes this weekend.
1 pepper last week. Beans galore!
Time to start fall veggies from seed. Enjoy your vacation!

DH does not plant anything for the garden - what are some vegetables that can be planted? Curious.

With the little dirt we have and some pots scattered, we had/have a ton of peppers (cubanel?) , eggplants (two varieties), long cucuzza (squash), zucchini, cucumbers, string beans (two varieties), tomatoes and basil.

What is everyone planting in their Fall Garden?

We don‘t plan a fall garden.

Our summer garden has done very well this year. We’ve had enough zucchini, cucumbers, and tomatoes for our own use, and also for my DSis as well. Peppers were just OK, and only one Patty pan squash, and then the plant died.

Herbs have done very well, especially the dill which we use for cucumber salad primarily.

DH does not plant anything for the garden - what are some vegetables that can be planted? Curious.

With the little dirt we have and some pots scattered, we had/have a ton of peppers (cubanel?) , eggplants (two varieties), long cucuzza (squash), zucchini, cucumbers, string beans (two varieties), tomatoes and basil.
So cool that you have cucuzza growing! They are really fun to look at I have grown them for friends, who use them in a variety of recipes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!