Vegetarian On DDP

lsg1

Mouseketeer
I just booked an 8 night trip to WDW the end of August, and it includes the free dining. I would not have purchased the DDP, but being that it came free with our package, how could I say no.
Part of my family is vegetarian(non-meat, but not non-fish). We want to maximize the use of the DDP, and was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for good table service choices for this, and also for counter service choices.

Thanks in advance.

Not to discourage you from trying the Dining Plan, but you almost surely could find a discounted package rate, through AAA for example, that costs much less than you're paying, that doesn't include the Dining Plan. The package you booked is at the full rack-rate.

Anyway, the table-service restaurants won't be a problem. Many of them have great vegetarian choices on the menu, and in my experience, all of them have chefs who are more than willing to craft a special vegetarian meal for you from the ingredients on-hand. The last time we had this done for us was at Spoodles, but I wouldn't say that that restaurant is any better at providing impromptu vegetarian meals than any of the other table-service restaurants.

Counter-service eateries are another story. Generally, the menu offerings are pre-prepared and cannot be adjusted. So what you see is what you get. I haven't tried it yet, but the Vegetarian Platter at Tangierine Cafe seems like one of the best vegetarian choices available, and I'd be more confident in it being "real" vegetarian (i.e., no chicken broth used, etc.).

Your semi-vegetarians (fish aren't vegetables <grin>) should be fine. I'm a vegetarian and travel with my non-vegetarian daughter. TS places are easy, though you should ask about things like chicken broth. Every server I've asked has been wonderful about doublechecking things for me. Rainforest Cafe if the only place that I later found out I'd been lied to...... Chefs at TS places are very accommodating if there isn't a veg option on the regular menu, too. CS places are slightly harder, but only slightly. Some places have veggie burgers, some have great sandwiches, there is always pizza (not perfect, but mainly edible), and some places will have fish. I believe that there are some very well-regarded seafood places - if I ate fish, I'd be trying a lot of Todd English's menu. :)

Bottom line is that you'll be fine, all of you. DD and I enjoy eating and neither of us has ever gone hungry - and we always eat together.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter