Vegetarian options — Allergic to Lentils and Chickpeas (and therefore Beyond burgers)

MyTwoPrincesses

DIS Veteran
I see Disney is offering a lot of Beyond items. My 14 year old is vegetarian, but she is allergic to Beyond because of the pea protein isolate (she can eat peas but not split peas which are a lentil - she is allergic to peanuts and lentils). It causes her to break out in hives. She is also allergic to chickpeas. As our trip gets closer, I am worried that she won’t have many food options, given the amount of chickpeas and Beyond brand on the menu. Does Disney offer other burger options besides Beyond? She can eat black bean burgers and generally veggie burgers. She can also eat Impossible burgers.

Last edited:
There are a couple of eateries at WDW that have served black bean burgers in the recent past. You'll have to check the current menus to see if they are available now or are permanent offerings:

At AK, one of the restaurants, at DinoLand carries them and Rosie's All American, at HS, has them on the menu too.

No idea what a Beyond burger is...a brand of convenience foods or maybe an acronym for a type of allergy?

The first thing I would do is contact Disney's special diet dept. at least 2 weeks before your trip and they'll help you find some safe places for your DD to eat:
Restaurantosaurus in AK has a black bean burger
Pecos Bill at MK has a veggie rice bowl (black beans, zucchini, summer squash) or veggie nachos, and a great toppings bar for anyone to use--corn salsa, salsa, cheese, etc. I would just stay away from the 'plant based' Southwest burger as that is likely the Beyond brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter