Vegetarians

we2vagabonds

Earning My Ears
When I called DCL, I was told if you notified DCL that you were a vegetarian at time of booking, you would be given a special menu that listed just as many choices of meals as the regular menus. However, it seems as thought the posts are stating that the wait staff will just ask you what kind of meals you like & then serve you accordingly. Are there any vegetarians out there that have received a special menu? Did it have many choices? I did notice that the menus found on various Disney lovers' sites do mention the "Chefs vegetarian selection of the day", but this is not what I am referring to. Also, are vegetarians seated together?

Thank you for any info that you have.

Originally posted by Just Chip, No Dale

I am... a Vegan vegetarian (no animal products) and I found the chef to be very accommodating on our Dec. 23 cruise (just got home today!). On the first night the head waiter asked me what I'd like, but I was really put on the spot so I didn't know what to ask for! He suggested a stirfry which sounded good, but it wasn't what I actually call stirfry (it was a bunch of cauiflower, some broccoli and spaghetti). Wierd! After a few bites, I ordered a baked potato! But after that I told Paul (the head server) what I wanted. The next night I got vegan mashed potatoes and grilled veggies (I picked the veggies I wanted). The night after that I got veggie fajitas (very good). On the last night I got the mashed potatoes and grilled veggies again. YUM!

The staff was very knowledgeable about what went into all of the dishes. In fact one night I ordered the vinegerette (sp?!) for my salad and they brought me oil and vinegar because the other was made with dairy products!

They offered me soy icecream every night, too.

ALSO: Don't miss the veggie wrap sandwiches from Wraps (connected to Scoops on deck 9). These are pretty good and available from noon until 6 p.m.

ONE MORE THING!!: At the Castaway Cay B-B-Q they had really good homemade veggie burgers made with what tasted like potatoes and bell peppers. I ate two of them!!

Those Veggie burgers sound great.
Next time hubby and I will have to look for them.

Mmmmm, that all sounds good to me, even tho' I'm not a vegetarian (I AM a vegetarian wanna-be, but living in Chicago with Lawry's-the Prime Rib so close by makes it quite a challenge). I think I am going to try the veggie burgers on our Jan 17 trip. I have eaten veggie burgers before and didn't realize they were available there.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!