Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

I wish they'd make goldens that would stay puppy size forever! They are the cutest things ever. I'm not just saying that because our big furbaby is a golden!

Yikes with the hills! Although, I wish I had some hills to train on once in a while. Not much where I live in Florida!

I wish they'd make goldens that would stay puppy size forever! They are the cutest things ever. I'm not just saying that because our big furbaby is a golden!

Yikes with the hills! Although, I wish I had some hills to train on once in a while. Not much where I live in Florida!

Me too! They are so stinking cute! AWWW How old is yours??

I apparently need to train on them more, my legs are still struggling. LOL. Your only option is overpasses!

Me too! They are so stinking cute! AWWW How old is yours??

I apparently need to train on them more, my legs are still struggling. LOL. Your only option is overpasses!

She turned 8yo in November. She really is a good dog and thinks she can fit on our laps. I love the cuddles, but not 75 pounds on top of me trying to give me kisses.

She turned 8yo in November. She really is a good dog and thinks she can fit on our laps. I love the cuddles, but not 75 pounds on top of me trying to give me kisses.

LOL! My little one is not exactly the sweetest right now...he prefers biting to cuddling. I'm hoping that comes with age. They really are the sweetest dogs.

It's the final countdown!!!
giphy.gif

One month of training left before I go for a PR on April 28th at the Rock n' Roll Nashville Half! It is really scary to put that out there, because what if I fail? How embarrassing would that be? Then I think about how supportive all of you have been to myself and each other, and I realize how silly I am being. Those negative thoughts won't help me get a PR, but getting out there and getting the work done will!

So what happened this week?
Thursday, 3/22 - I was still super sore from the Publix GA Half, so Coach @DopeyBadger told me to take another easy day instead of my planned tempo. I ran 6 miles @ 9:51 pace on the treadmill to give my legs a break.

Friday, 3/23 - 6 miles @ 9:53 pace. Another easy day on the treadmill and my legs finally felt almost normal.

Saturday, 3/24 - 8 miles @ 9:24 pace. This run was supposed to be 9 miles, but there was a food truck festival where I normally do my last mile and I had to pay to access the road. That was a big nope, so I cut it short one mile. I also got to see a Civil War cannon be shot during this run! Part of my route runs by our Naval Museum and they were doing a demonstration, LOUDEST sound I think I have ever heard!
cannon 2.jpg cannon.jpg food truck.jpg

Sunday, 3/25 - 10 miles @ 9:07 pace. Legs felt so much better, thank goodness!

Monday, 3/26 - 4 miles @ 10:03 pace on the treadmill. One mile short due to work meetings getting in the way.

Tuesday, 3/27 - 2 mile warm up @ 10:30 pace. 10x2:00 intervals with a goal of 7:15 pace and 2:00 recovery. 2:00 interval splits were: 7:11, 7:02, 7:15, 7:08, 7:11, 7:14, 7:11, 7:08, 7:13 and 7:12. 2 mile cool down @ 10:00 pace on the treadmill. During this run, an older gentleman stopped me at our local track and asked if I ran for the local high school. After nearly fainting from the compliment, I let him know I graduated high school 12 years ago and was just training for a half. It turns out he used to be a track coach, so he gave me some running form tips and good local routes for hills. Sweetest man and I loved chatting with him!

Wednesday, 3/28 - REST DAY!!!

Below are my plans for the next week, we are supposed to get some bad storms today so I will be heading out for my progression run soon. Also, do y'all think this means he is ready to run with me??
barkley 5.jpg

Upcoming Training Schedule:
Th: 2 mile WU+6 mile Progression (9:31, 9:10, 9:10, 8:26, 8:04 and 7:45)+2 mile CD
F: 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa: 9 miles @ EB (9:31)
Su: 12 miles @ LR (9:10)+2 miles Tempo (8:04)
M: 5 miles @ EA
Tu: Paging @DopeyBadger, I know you said to change this workout but I cannot find what I am supposed to change it to. I think it was 4 minute intervals instead? :confused3
W: Rest day!

Pupppppyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

I get ya on it being scary to put your PR attempt out there, but you're working so hard towards it and I think you should own that challenge. We're rooting for you!

To reiterate, can't remember the numbers exactly, but those who put their goals out their to the public are 2-3 times as likely to achieve them. So shout it to everyone what your goal is!

Everytime I see a picture of Barkley, I have to control myself from saying "Aww!!" out loud. He looks so mischievous withe the shoelace in his mouth.

I think you're setting yourself up for success in your April race! Excited to cheer you on as you crush it!

Pupppppyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

I get ya on it being scary to put your PR attempt out there, but you're working so hard towards it and I think you should own that challenge. We're rooting for you!

LOL! Thank you so much! You are so right, I am just terrified of failure but maybe that will motivate me!

To reiterate, can't remember the numbers exactly, but those who put their goals out their to the public are 2-3 times as likely to achieve them. So shout it to everyone what your goal is!

Great news! I'm going to work on being afraid to share with people.

Everytime I see a picture of Barkley, I have to control myself from saying "Aww!!" out loud. He looks so mischievous withe the shoelace in his mouth.

I think you're setting yourself up for success in your April race! Excited to cheer you on as you crush it!

Mischievous is the perfect description of him, but he is a cutie! LOL

Thank you so much, I really hope so!

Going for a PR can definitely be scary. But part of the joy of having a training journal is that you have a bunch of random internet friends who are invested in your journey and are here to support you and help make that PR goal less scary.

You got this!

Oh my goodness don’t be embarrassed or scared!!! You’ve got this! You inspire me!!! Sooooo much easier said than done because my fear of letting people down is massive!

Love the puppy pic!

Good luck on that PR!! The RNR races are so fun-I’m sure you’ll have a blast and PR!:hippie:

And oh man, our family lost many pairs of shoes to our rascally pups!:dogdance:

At least he sticks to shoes. When our dog was a puppy she chewed up our hardwood stairs and kitchen cabinets.

Someday I hope to be as speedy as you! Your easy paces are faster than my T pace intervals :rotfl2:

Going for a PR can definitely be scary. But part of the joy of having a training journal is that you have a bunch of random internet friends who are invested in your journey and are here to support you and help make that PR goal less scary.

You got this!

Thanks so much! I love this online running community that I have found and I am so grateful for the support!

Oh my goodness don’t be embarrassed or scared!!! You’ve got this! You inspire me!!! Sooooo much easier said than done because my fear of letting people down is massive!

Love the puppy pic!

Aw, thank you! I guess I just worry that I will spend all this time and effort and then something will go wrong on race day, but if it does I'll just brush myself off and try again! I completely agree about the fear of letting people down.

Thanks! He is a cutie, but I am biased!
Good luck on that PR!! The RNR races are so fun-I’m sure you’ll have a blast and PR!:hippie:

And oh man, our family lost many pairs of shoes to our rascally pups!:dogdance:

Yes! I love them! I did Savannah last year and want to do New Orleans next! LOL, luckily he has not destroyed any...yet.

Good luck on the PR. That Publix half will be good training for Nashville.

I LOVE YOUR PUPPY.

Definitely! I need to figure out the elevation gain for Nashville, although going in blind may be better! Thanks!

At least he sticks to shoes. When our dog was a puppy she chewed up our hardwood stairs and kitchen cabinets.

Someday I hope to be as speedy as you! Your easy paces are faster than my T pace intervals :rotfl2:

OMG! We just remodeled our whole house two years ago so I would FREAK out. LOL.

Aw thanks! I am sure you will be and probably even surpass me! I do not know if I can get much faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!