Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

What are you going to wear???? I am still trying to piece together my outfit and I feel like I am running out of time!

LOL, I just got a bunch of Halloween themed shirts for the whole weekend. Boring, I know! I do have my costumes for W&D and Marathon weekend though!

Girl! I find this so hard to believe! You crush your runs and are always smiling! It makes me feel a tad better knowing I’m not the only one!

“Town” cracks me up! I grew up in a very small town in upstate NY and town was 30 mins away! Now living in northern VA when I need to go shopping I say I’m going into town! Lol

Love all your lake pics! I’m a lake girl too!

Thank you so much! I am definitely not always smiling during my runs though! :rotfl: You are not alone at all, I think everyone has period of doubt even if they don't admit it.

LOL! Love that! I wouldn't have it any other way. When I lived in "town" during college, I did not enjoy it at all. We actually bought the house I grew up in on the lake from my parents about three years ago and it's the best decision we've ever made!

You may have self doubt, but know that you inspire a lot of people (me included!). I look forward to your instagram pics.

Are you dressing up for the Halloween party? You can always rent one of those scooters for your mom. There are days I wouldn’t mind one myself.

I lived in small towns all my life until we moved to FL. We lived in Boca Raton for 3 years and it was not for us. When we moved to central FL I wanted a small town feel, but still be close to “stuff”. I love where I live now. Country living yet 30 minutes from Orlando. Wish we could have been able to afford something on 5-10 acres though so I could have chickens.

Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me! Y'all all inspire me too. The running community is just amazing with the variety of backgrounds that everyone comes from and I am so glad I found it on here and Instagram!

We have Halloween themed shirts, but I am saving the costumes for my upcoming Disney runs. I've told my mom I'll get her a push wheelchair...she cannot be trusted with one that she drives. I am afraid she will take out a small child. LOL.

Now you live in the perfect spot...in the country, but with easy access to Disney. The people we got Barkley from had chickens and sent us home with a dozen fresh eggs when we bought him. My husband still talks about those eggs and how good they were!

PS - I get messages from LOTS of other runners saying they want to be like you. You inspire many more people than you know.

This comment leaves me speechless and close to tears. Never in a million years did I think I'd inspire anyone. I am happy to return the favor to so many people on these boards (you included) who inspire me!

Add me to the list of people who think you're pretty awesome.

But yeah ... I get that inner self-doubt monster. It sucks. You just gotta fight through it.

Well I think YOU are pretty awesome!

It really does. I've found that looking at my watch makes it worse, so I am trying to run as many runs blindly as I can. It's made my runs much better and more enjoyable!

Me too

Me....I just told Billy this days ago!

:love: Y'all are the best. I really appreciate all of the love so much and am so thankful for each and every one of you!

Self doubts plague us all right? You are absolutely an inspiration girl!!

Oh it definitely does! I like to think it plagues people like Des Linden and Shalene Flanagan too, even though they are absolute beasts. You are an inspiration to me, and I cannot wait to cheer you on NEXT WEEKEND!

LOL, I just got a bunch of Halloween themed shirts for the whole weekend. Boring, I know!
I just bought my Halloween shirt for Mickey's Halloween Party and it doesn't even really work because it's Haunted Mansion themed and the Haunted Mansion is Nightmare Before Christmas themed, but whatever. I just don't feel like dressing up. I got my Halloween Minnie Ears, that's all I need.

+1 for thinking you're a-mazing! I think everyone has self doubts, but girl, you rock!!
I think that amazing race sounds so fun! I love that your hubby's painting included the dogs...because duh! Why wouldn't it?? ;)
I love that pic of the Bark-man! He is living his best life!

Totally jelly of your MNSSHP trip!! Have the best time! I'll be stalking you on insta (like normal ;) ) for pics!!

+1 for thinking you're a-mazing! I think everyone has self doubts, but girl, you rock!!
I think that amazing race sounds so fun! I love that your hubby's painting included the dogs...because duh! Why wouldn't it?? ;)
I love that pic of the Bark-man! He is living his best life!

Totally jelly of your MNSSHP trip!! Have the best time! I'll be stalking you on insta (like normal ;) ) for pics!!

Well I think you are AMAZING! We all have doubts for sure though.

It was so much fun, and I was cracking up that he included the dogs and running shoes. LOL. So detailed! Barkley is really living the life, and some days I wish I could swap lives with him.

I am SO excited! I've never been to the Halloween party, only the Christmas party and since Hocus Pocus is my favorite Halloween movie ever I cannot wait! There will be plenty of pics to stalk!

Well I think you are AMAZING! We all have doubts for sure though.

It was so much fun, and I was cracking up that he included the dogs and running shoes. LOL. So detailed! Barkley is really living the life, and some days I wish I could swap lives with him.

I am SO excited! I've never been to the Halloween party, only the Christmas party and since Hocus Pocus is my favorite Halloween movie ever I cannot wait! There will be plenty of pics to stalk!

Hocus Pocus is without question the BEST Halloween movie ever. I bought a blu-ray of it recently and made my girls watch it with me all the while randomly shouting out...

4KoI6AK-1.gif

Hocus Pocus is without question the BEST Halloween movie ever. I bought a blu-ray of it recently and made my girls watch it with me all the while randomly shouting out...

4KoI6AK-1.gif

YESSSS! It is the best! My favorite recent Halloween was when two of my coworkers and I dressed up like them. The only bummer was I had a job interview that day and couldn't go as over the top with my costume as I wanted to!

hocus pocus.jpg

Guys, I need help. Would a virtual half marathon count in my quest for 12 half marathons in 2018? I've found one in Atlanta I could potentially do, but that would involve a $200 hotel stay or waking up at 4:00 AM to drive to Atlanta and run (I only wake up at those hours for Disney). I've found a virtual one associated with the Cocoa Beach Half Marathon that I could run and send my Garmin information in and get the same race swag and medal...but does that really count? LOL. I am over-analyzing this way too much.

Guys, I need help. Would a virtual half marathon count in my quest for 12 half marathons in 2018? I've found one in Atlanta I could potentially do, but that would involve a $200 hotel stay or waking up at 4:00 AM to drive to Atlanta and run (I only wake up at those hours for Disney). I've found a virtual one associated with the Cocoa Beach Half Marathon that I could run and send my Garmin information in and get the same race swag and medal...but does that really count? LOL. I am over-analyzing this way too much.
Yes! Do the darn thing (virtual that is) lol! 13.1 miles is 13.1 miles!! Go girl!

Yes! Do the darn thing (virtual that is) lol! 13.1 miles is 13.1 miles!! Go girl!

:rotfl2: Got it! I am doing it (if I can ever get the registration link to work, watch it be sold out due to my indecisiveness)

What she said!

LOL! Thanks!

I think a virtual run is a good idea!

My husband agrees 110%! LOL.

when is it in atlanta? and where in atlanta?

Halloween Half on October 28th...not super thrilled with the price of the run based on the past reviews, paying for a hotel or waking up so early if we don't book a hotel. :confused:

I feel like we discussed this before but yes, of course it counts!! Do it!

LOL! I promise I checked, we discussed if two half marathons in one month counted previously. Someone had suggested a virtual half in that conversation though! :rotfl:

Apparently this 12 half marathons in 2018 is just not gonna happen...my half marathon this weekend has been cancelled due to Hurricane Michael. :sad: I guess I'll be finding another one and just enjoying a weekend at the beach with no formal race. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter