Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Congrats on another great week! Your marathon is coming up so soon ... I'm so excited for you to rock this race!!

Winter arrived for this run, and Northerners please do not laugh at me. It was 37 degrees and drizzling when I ran, but I know y'all would probably survive that in shorts. LOL.

It was 39 degrees for my run this morning and I wore two shirts and fleece-lined tights. No judgement here.

You better go ahead with your bad self! Wow girlfriend, you rock!!!

LOL! Thank you! Just hoping I can hold on for a few more weeks!

You are crushing this training! I am getting tired just reading about it. o_O

:rotfl:All I want to do is sleep. My poor house is seriously neglected right now. I currently have three baskets of laundry to put away, but at least I have folded them! Thanks so much!

Congrats on another great week! Your marathon is coming up so soon ... I'm so excited for you to rock this race!!

It was 39 degrees for my run this morning and I wore two shirts and fleece-lined tights. No judgement here.

Thanks, Sarah! I sure hope I can rock it.

That makes me feel so much better, LOL. I couldn't feel my fingers by then end of it. Stay warm!

Yaaas, girl!! You are killing it as usual.
Hi, Barkley!!:wave:

I am definitely killing my legs, LOL! Thank you so much! Barkley sends hugs and slobbery kisses!

You are such a rockstar- you are crushing it!! And I am so glad you had a great W&D trip!
Hi Barkley! He's so big!

Thanks! It was so much fun, I loved that half course so much. He is HUGE! Currently 10 months old and weighing in at 70 pounds, I thought I was getting a dog not a horse. LOL.

Crush. Ing. It.
Holy crap, girlfriend.
HI BARKLEY!!!

Thanks, Jenna!! :love: Barkley says hi right back! :wave2:

Let me be really honest for a minute, my runs and paces have all been good but I am really tired. I feel like I permanently look like this...especially in meetings at work!

Sounds about right. You've got a very challenging training plan behind you. Unlike in almost every case where I had some rest weeks sprinkled in, you unfortunately didn't. The Wine and Dine and Solider HMs kind of elongated everything. So we've tried to manage that with multiple 120 min runs instead of oscillating 90/150 min runs. It sounds like you're surviving. And as long as you're not too tired, or seeing massive fades, then you're doing alright. But if you get a warning red flag, then we're going to want to pivot immediately given you're less than 3 weeks out now. I'll be interested to see how the Blind 10 mile Tempo goes tomorrow on tired legs. Hang in there! Eyes on the prize!

Sounds about right. You've got a very challenging training plan behind you. Unlike in almost every case where I had some rest weeks sprinkled in, you unfortunately didn't. The Wine and Dine and Solider HMs kind of elongated everything. So we've tried to manage that with multiple 120 min runs instead of oscillating 90/150 min runs. It sounds like you're surviving. And as long as you're not too tired, or seeing massive fades, then you're doing alright. But if you get a warning red flag, then we're going to want to pivot immediately given you're less than 3 weeks out now. I'll be interested to see how the Blind 10 mile Tempo goes tomorrow on tired legs. Hang in there! Eyes on the prize!

Well that was poor planning on my part. LOL. Maybe it will all pay off though! Don't think I've had any red flags so far, just some usual soreness and tired legs. I cannot believe we are less than 3 weeks out! :scared1:

Crushing it, my friend. So inspiring and absolutely awesome. Hugs to Barkley. :lovestruc

thanksdog.jpg

paw:paw::love:

Edited to add: this is not Barkley, but he shares this pups sentiments! LOL.

Current Situation:
giphy.gif

I am a big ball of emotions with each day that we get closer to this marathon. LOL. Poor coach @DopeyBadger had to talk me off the edge of a mental breakdown on Sunday, but I've made it through and will get this thing done (hopefully in less than 4 hours!). We are now officially in taper mode and my poor body is so relieved for a break!

So what happened this week?
11/18: 6 miles @ 10:27 pace. Really trying to take these easy days easy.

11/19: 4 treadmill miles @ 10:15 pace.

11/20: Blind tempo run. 2 mile warm up @ 10:47 and 10:50. Tempo splits were: 8:34, 8:29, 8:30, 8:30, 8:31, 8:23, 8:28, 8:17, 8:23 and 8:29. 1 mile cool down @ 11:48.

I didn't look at my watch at all during the tempo miles, but I did cheat during the warm up to ensure I wasn't going too fast. Overall this run felt good, the legs felt a little sluggish but not too bad. I did stop my watch for a walk break after the tempo miles, not really sure why I did that since I was in cool down anyway. :confused3

11/21: Rest day! I did take Barkley on a 4 mile walk though, he loves our daily walks and I decided to add 2 miles on since I was at home anyway.
IMG_1655.jpg

11/22: 4 miles @ 10:32 pace. Happy Thanksgiving! Barkley really enjoyed the dog show on Thanksgiving morning.
IMG_1672.jpg

11/23: 6 miles @ 10:24 pace.

11/24: 9 miles @ 9:22 pace.

11/25: The evil run day. 4 miles @ LR + 2 miles @ T + 4 miles @ LR + 1 mile @ T + 3 miles @ LR for a total of 14 miles...splits were:
LR miles: 9:03, 9:07, 9:15, 9:03, 9:13, 9:06, 9:12, 9:09, 9:20, 9:08 and 9:18
T miles: 7:50, 7:48 and 7:56

I immediately messaged Billy after this run because it felt so hard. I have another workout on Friday and I was very concerned with how my legs and breathing felt during this run. I did the workout on our roads at home, which I know better than to do because they are much more hilly and I have to loop so many times. I hate looping, give me an out and back any day. LOL.

B
illy reassured me that I did fine, even though my paces were all over the place based on GAP through Strava. My HR was similar to other long runs though, so I am going to try and shake this off and keep moving forward.
tenor.gif

11/26: 4 treadmill miles @ 10:15 pace.

Upcoming Training Schedule:
TU: 5 miles @ EB (9:31) & Strides
W: Rest day! :cool1:
TH: 4 miles @ EA (10:12)
F: 2 mile WU + 10 mile Tempo (8:26) + 1 mile CD
SA: 5 miles @ EB & Strides
SU: 5 miles @ LR (9:10)
M: 5 miles @ EA
TU: 5 miles @ EB & Strides

PS. Barkley loves all the same food groups as his mom. He's just missing Sprite and Reese's!
IMG_1525.jpg

You have put in the work and are SO ready to CRUSH it! I'm cheering for you big! I hope that the next 2 weeks are uneventful and go super fast!

Also, Barkley and his Mickey Bar are about as cute as they come- sweet pup!

You have put in the work and are SO ready to CRUSH it! I'm cheering for you big! I hope that the next 2 weeks are uneventful and go super fast!

Also, Barkley and his Mickey Bar are about as cute as they come- sweet pup!

Thank you! To be totally honest, I am just ready for it to be over. LOL. Just trying not to get sick over the next two weeks or hurt myself in any way!

He is a sweetheart, but a wild one!

https://www.hersheysstore.com/reeses-dog-toy/p/hsy-127701&c=hersheys@ourbrands@reeses@toys

I couldnt find Sprite, but I'll keep looking.

We all have our doubts and struggles before race day. But you've worked so hard and I know you're ready to crush this race. I'm so excited for you!

Well I know what someone is getting for Christmas!! Thank you!

Thanks, I sure hope so! I am excited, yet nervous at the same time!

You are doing great and it will show in the race! Loving all the Barkley pictures this week as well. Your training runs are INSANE to me. You are a beast!

You should be so proud! You’ve worked so hard and it will all pay off!

Thank you! I hope it does SO much, but if not that's okay too! (kinda, LOL).

You are doing great and it will show in the race! Loving all the Barkley pictures this week as well. Your training runs are INSANE to me. You are a beast!

Thank you! These last two weeks have been the most challenging for some reason, hoping it is just working itself out prior to Saturday.

upload_2018-12-3_16-11-47.png

Just in case anyone cares to worry about weather with me, LOL. Temp is currently looking good for Saturday, but the rain chance is not my friend right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!