Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

ACK! I know I'd had read your journal before and thought I'd subscribed to it, but apparently not! Anyway, I'm caught back up now and WOW! You are tearing things up. Congrats on all those AG awards. You are doing fantastic.

giphy.gif

Y'ALL! I could have sworn I responded to everyone last week!

My thoughts exactly! Do I even know how to run faster?! Looks like a solid training week so far!

Thank you! T pace is challenging, but I am having success so far. I hope you are as well!

ACK! I know I'd had read your journal before and thought I'd subscribed to it, but apparently not! Anyway, I'm caught back up now and WOW! You are tearing things up. Congrats on all those AG awards. You are doing fantastic.

LOL, well apparently I can't even subscribe to my own! Thanks so much!

I haven't had to do a speed workout yet and I am kind of glad for now but also inspired by yours! Go girl!

Thank you! 3 down, 58743987695765048 to go! LOL

Great job on the speed! Girl, you are on fire!

You are too sweet! Thanks!

Training Recap: Hello Spring weather, please stay!
tenor.gif

Week three of my training plan and everything is going well so far. I did not miss any runs (WOO HOO!), the weather has been great and I hit most of my paces. My watch was a bit of a rebel, but that’s okay, who needs technology anyway?! Except I kinda do…you know, to tell if I am hitting my paces or not.

So what happened?
2/8: 2 mile warm up at 10:19 pace, four 1 mile repeats with 1:00 recovery (goal of 7:54 per mile) and 1 mile cool down at 10:42 pace. My mile repeats were: 7:45, 7:42, 7:49 and 7:48!!

2/9: 4 recovery miles on the treadmill at a 9:41 pace. I tried Pilates for the first time this day and LOVED all the stretching. Unfortunately it caused me to cut my recovery run short by two miles.

2/10: 6 miles at a 9:29 average pace. I wore a rain jacket for the first time while running and couldn’t figure out why I was getting wet with it on…yeah, that is sweat! LOL. It was like a miniature sauna!

2/11: 8 miles at a 9:09 average pace!

2/12: 6 miles at a ???? pace. My watch died at mile 2.5 and I was running at a 10:05 pace at that time. I have no idea how I finished pace-wise though.

2/13: SPEED DAY!! 2 mile warm up at 10:26 pace follow by six 800m repeats (goal of 3:43 each repeat). My repeats were:
3:43
3:45
3:41
3:44
Friends1.gif

WOO HOO! 4 out of 6 were spot on and the other two were a few seconds off, I will take it! Afterward I had a one mile cool down, but of course I didn’t charge my watch for long enough and it died at .34 miles.

Below is my upcoming schedule. I have got to figure out how I am going to get tomorrow and Friday’s runs done. My work schedule has gone nuts, and it is too dark to run when I get home. I’m hoping to avoid the treadmill and find a way to work in the runs during lunch!

Upcoming Schedule:
Th- 2 mile WU + 5x1 mile @ T (7:54) w/1 min RI + 1 mile CD
F- 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa- 7 miles @ EB (9:31) – blind run!
Su- 8 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M- 6 miles @ EA
T- 2 mile WU + 4x1200m @ SPEED (7:26) w/.25 RI + 2 mile CD

Training Recap: Hello Spring weather, please stay!
tenor.gif

Week three of my training plan and everything is going well so far. I did not miss any runs (WOO HOO!), the weather has been great and I hit most of my paces. My watch was a bit of a rebel, but that’s okay, who needs technology anyway?! Except I kinda do…you know, to tell if I am hitting my paces or not.

So what happened?
2/8: 2 mile warm up at 10:19 pace, four 1 mile repeats with 1:00 recovery (goal of 7:54 per mile) and 1 mile cool down at 10:42 pace. My mile repeats were: 7:45, 7:42, 7:49 and 7:48!!

2/9: 4 recovery miles on the treadmill at a 9:41 pace. I tried Pilates for the first time this day and LOVED all the stretching. Unfortunately it caused me to cut my recovery run short by two miles.

2/10: 6 miles at a 9:29 average pace. I wore a rain jacket for the first time while running and couldn’t figure out why I was getting wet with it on…yeah, that is sweat! LOL. It was like a miniature sauna!

2/11: 8 miles at a 9:09 average pace!

2/12: 6 miles at a ???? pace. My watch died at mile 2.5 and I was running at a 10:05 pace at that time. I have no idea how I finished pace-wise though.

2/13: SPEED DAY!! 2 mile warm up at 10:26 pace follow by six 800m repeats (goal of 3:43 each repeat). My repeats were:
3:45
3:41
3:44
Friends1.gif

WOO HOO! 4 out of 6 were spot on and the other two were a few seconds off, I will take it! Afterward I had a one mile cool down, but of course I didn’t charge my watch for long enough and it died at .34 miles.

Below is my upcoming schedule. I have got to figure out how I am going to get tomorrow and Friday’s runs done. My work schedule has gone nuts, and it is too dark to run when I get home. I’m hoping to avoid the treadmill and find a way to work in the runs during lunch!

Upcoming Schedule:
Th- 2 mile WU + 5x1 mile @ T (7:54) w/1 min RI + 1 mile CD
F- 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa- 7 miles @ EB (9:31) – blind run!
Su- 8 miles @ Long Run (9:10)
M- 6 miles @ EA
T- 2 mile WU + 4x1200m @ SPEED (7:26) w/.25 RI + 2 mile CD

Incredible week. You're doing so well! That consistency on the 800m repeats is awesome so keep up the great work!

Incredible week. You're doing so well! That consistency on the 800m repeats is awesome so keep up the great work!

Thank you! Hoping I can keep it up!

Wow, girl! That's some amazing consistency. Impressive!!

Thanks!

Awesome!!! Glad you liked Pilates! It’s the best! Well, I could live without 100s! Lol

LOL! It took me a minute to get used to working out slower, but I really enjoyed the change of pace. I also discovered some muscles that clearly never get attention!

Wow. amazing pace! Great job!

Thanks so much!

Those intervals are so impressive! Partly because I haven't had them on my training plan so I'm like "whoaaaaaa" and more so because you are a badass.

Those intervals are so impressive! Partly because I haven't had them on my training plan so I'm like "whoaaaaaa" and more so because you are a badass.

LOL! I don't know about that, but thank you!!

Those 800m repeats are amazing! Wow!

Thank you! I kept chanting to myself "almost there, almost there, almost there" to make it through. Pretty sure I was saying it outloud at some points based on the looks I was getting. :rotfl:

Training Recap: Spring can stay, Pollen go away!
i-dont-feel-good.jpg

Week four of my training plan and allergies have struck full force. I am allergic to pollen and ragweed, which are both extremely high right now according to my local meteorologist. YAY! Not. I started feeling sniffly on Friday night and it has progressively gotten worse. I feel a lot better while exercising, but I can’t do that 24/7. LOL. I am going to urgent care today for some help, because I leave for Princess Weekend on FRIDAY!

So what happened?
2/15: 2 mile warm up at 10:35 pace, 5x1 mile at T pace (7:54), and .5 mile cool down at 11:00 pace. This run went pretty well. I hit all of my mile paces with the exception of one. I did have to cut the cool down short in order to get back to work on time. Mile splits were:

7:52
7:47
7:51
7:55
7:51

2/16: 4 miles at a 10:02 pace. This run had to be cut short due to work too, stupid responsibilities!
images

2/17: 6 miles at a 9:31 pace.

2/18: 8 miles at a 9:18 pace. This is where I started feeling the effects of my allergies. I started out right on track to hit my 9:10 paces, but slowed down as the run went on because I felt like it was most important to get the mileage in.

2/19: 6 miles at 10:11 pace and feeling like my head is a big balloon.

2/20: SPEED DAY!! Let me be very honest here. I messaged @DopeyBadger Tuesday afternoon asking if I could change my workouts this week because I was not feeling it. Him being the excellent coach that he is explained why skipping these workouts was a bad idea if I want to reach my April HM goal. I will not be doing a lot of speed work next week at Disney, so this would leave me with a long break between hard workouts. So he said to give it a shot and see what happens, and I did it! It was not pretty and I walked in my recovery intervals instead of jogging, but I tried my best, hit two of my paces on the repeats, missed one by 3 seconds and missed another by 13 seconds. SUCCESS!
4x1200m (5:35 goal) splits:
5:31
5:35
5:48
5:37

200.gif

Below is my upcoming schedule. I have one more run before Disney, and two runs scheduled while there (not counting the 10k and Half). I will try to update while I am down there, but may not get to do so until I return on March 3rd! HOORAY!

Upcoming Schedule:
Th- 2 mile WU + 2x2 mile T (7:54) w/1 min RI + 1 mile CD (completely depends on how I feel, heading to the doctor today)
F- Rest/Travel Day!
Sa- Enchanted 10K (running at LR pace of 9:10)
Su- Princess Half (running at LR pace of 9:10)
M- Eat all the snacks and ride all the rides!

T- 5 miles at EB (9:31)
W - Eat all the snacks and ride all the rides!
Th – 1 mile WU + 3 miles at Tempo (8:04) + 1 mile CD

Sorry to hear your allergies are causing you problems. Hopefully urgent care can get you some relief.

Way to go on getting those workouts completed even when you didn't feel up to it. Especially awesome on those speed workouts.

And, woohoo, for leaving on Friday for Princess Weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Great week! Happy to hear you were able to complete the workout. Keep listening to your body and make the decision you are most comfortable with. You're doing great and cannot wait to hear all about the trip!

It looks like you did just fine with training!

Allergies are the worst!! I hope you can get some antihistamines and maybe nasal spray.

Have a super time at PHM weekend! I was hoping to get in through charity but it didn’t work out! SW DS is just around the river bend!!! Lol

Oh man, allergies are rough. Great job powering through, and I hope you can get some relief.

Have a great time at PHM! Looking forward to reading all about it when you get back!

Sorry to hear your allergies are causing you problems. Hopefully urgent care can get you some relief.

Way to go on getting those workouts completed even when you didn't feel up to it. Especially awesome on those speed workouts.

And, woohoo, for leaving on Friday for Princess Weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Thanks so much! I am so excited to leave tomorrow! One more day at work then working from the car on the drive down tomorrow :banana:

Great week! Happy to hear you were able to complete the workout. Keep listening to your body and make the decision you are most comfortable with. You're doing great and cannot wait to hear all about the trip!

Thanks, Coach! I appreciate the encouragement!

It looks like you did just fine with training!

Allergies are the worst!! I hope you can get some antihistamines and maybe nasal spray.

Have a super time at PHM weekend! I was hoping to get in through charity but it didn’t work out! SW DS is just around the river bend!!! Lol

Yes, thanks! I got a steroid shot (think it'll make me faster this weekend? LOL), nasal spray and some sort of Polyhista prescription that I cannot pronounce or say. Feeling better already!

Oh man, allergies are rough. Great job powering through, and I hope you can get some relief.

Have a great time at PHM! Looking forward to reading all about it when you get back!

Thanks so much! I am going to make it work, it just makes me nervous that they are starting so early this year. I have a PR to get in April and don't need this junk! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter