Vero and Hilton Head cancellations through 6/13?

According to the broker, DVC contacted them yesterday and canceled up until the 13th. Since that was my check in date, my trip was canceled.

I had been in constant contact because i wanted to cancel if the resort ended up opening in time. They told me earlier this week that DVC informed them all reservations through the 6th are canceled, and they expected to hear soon about my dates. Doesn't really matter I guess, but I am thinking DVC is in constant contact with the rental brokers letting them know what is going on. Wish they would do the same with the owners though. One week is not enough time.
Hmmm. That is more in line with WDW resorts. They cancelled the 2nd week of June yesterday. But DVC has only cancelled next week so far. Odd. Sounds more like the owners needing to bank points by end of month....wonder what UY has banking deadline of May 31? Edit to add...October UY

According to the broker, DVC contacted them yesterday and canceled up until the 13th. Since that was my check in date, my trip was canceled.

I had been in constant contact because i wanted to cancel if the resort ended up opening in time. They told me earlier this week that DVC informed them all reservations through the 6th are canceled, and they expected to hear soon about my dates. Doesn't really matter I guess, but I am thinking DVC is in constant contact with the rental brokers letting them know what is going on. Wish they would do the same with the owners though. One week is not enough time.
I know this is a difficult situation for all and Disney has a lot to consider but I agree - giving people one week's notice really isn't sufficient. I understand it is taking them time to actually cancel all the reservations in the system but they should provide at least 2 weeks notice.

Hmmm. That is more in line with WDW resorts. They cancelled the 2nd week of June yesterday. But DVC has only cancelled next week so far. Odd. Sounds more like the owners needing to bank points by end of month....wonder what UY has banking deadline of May 31? Edit to add...October UY

I know what you are saying, but I really don't think that is the case. The reservation is still active in MDE. Plus, if the owners canceled the reservation and the resort did open, they would breach the contract and have to refund the money.

My reservation for the first week of June at Vero is still active in MDE also and I have not been notified by the broker who I rented the points from that my trip has been canceled. I have been extended a voucher if the reservation is canceled.

My position right now is that my reservation is still active and if Vero were to open we would have room waiting for us. if it were to open and there wasn’t a room I would expect a refund in the full amount paid, not a voucher.

Not sure which broker you are using though so you could have been getting better customer service than I have received.

I know what you are saying, but I really don't think that is the case. The reservation is still active in MDE. Plus, if the owners canceled the reservation and the resort did open, they would breach the contract and have to refund the money.
It still being in MDE means Disney hasn't cancelled. The owners need to cancel and haven't yet. The renter seemed to want to cancel anyway so no need to claim breach if renter and rentee both wanted to cancel. DVC is cancelling 1 week out so doesn't make sense that DVC or Disney has cancelled.

It still being in MDE means Disney hasn't cancelled. The owners need to cancel and haven't yet. The renter seemed to want to cancel anyway so no need to claim breach if renter and rentee both wanted to cancel. DVC is cancelling 1 week out so doesn't make sense that DVC or Disney has cancelled.

Maybe I am not fully understanding rentals, but if that were true, wouldn't I be offered a full refund rather than a travel voucher? The voucher I received specifically says that the resort is being closed due to COVID. If the resort turns around and opens up before June 13th, what would that mean? I am more likely to believe what the broker said.

If I canceled, which I had intended to do if it wasn't open, the broker and owner would keep all the money and I would file with travel insurance (the reason we had to cancel is covered, my daughter recently broke her arm and is unable to travel).

Maybe I am not fully understanding rentals, but if that were true, wouldn't I be offered a full refund rather than a travel voucher? The voucher I received specifically says that the resort is being closed due to COVID. If the resort turns around and opens up before June 13th, what would that mean? I am more likely to believe what the broker said.

If I canceled, which I had intended to do if it wasn't open, the broker and owner would keep all the money and I would file with travel insurance (the reason we had to cancel is covered, my daughter recently broke her arm and is unable to travel).
I am DVC and booked at HHI for June 10-13. They have not canceled nor have they sent me a message saying they will cancel or that the resort will be closed. I would be super ticked if they contacted the brokers who rent to inform them of a closure before informing us who OWN. That would be so beyond unacceptable. I pay like $7pp In dues on top of the several thousand in buy in. I would contact a lawyer in this instance for sure.

I am DVC and booked at HHI for June 10-13. They have not canceled nor have they sent me a message saying they will cancel or that the resort will be closed. I would be super ticked if they contacted the brokers who rent to inform them of a closure before informing us who OWN. That would be so beyond unacceptable. I pay like $7pp In dues on top of the several thousand in buy in. I would contact a lawyer in this instance for sure.
I am presuming you still haven't heard about your June 10th reservation yet?

Me too. The Marriott Vacation Clubs are open in HH and Orlando. Not sure why DVC isn't but the very least they should do is give us a tentative date.
Marriott Vacation Club (in most states) has been open for owners and exchangers and they have updated information on their website as to what amenities are open (pools, grills, etc.).

On TripAdvisor website it says Disney HHI is closed until 7/30/2020 Have reservation for last week of June sure hope this changes

I saw on FB where someone called into DVC and was told HHI would be closed to June 13th and they cancelled her stay. So I cancelled my June 10-13 stay and added to me June 7-10 off property rental and just extended that for the whole week. Pretty ticked at DVC not communicating with us. Still not sure why, as of yesterday, we could even still book early June if they will be closed. They need to shut that down like they did for the AKV value studios for that long time when renovating...just turn off availability.

On TripAdvisor website it says Disney HHI is closed until 7/30/2020 Have reservation for last week of June sure hope this changes

I’ve heard that TripAdvisor is provided that date because it’s only regarding cash reservations through a third party site (instead of booking directly)

I saw on FB where someone called into DVC and was told HHI would be closed to June 13th and they cancelled her stay. So I cancelled my June 10-13 stay and added to me June 7-10 off property rental and just extended that for the whole week. Pretty ticked at DVC not communicating with us. Still not sure why, as of yesterday, we could even still book early June if they will be closed. They need to shut that down like they did for the AKV value studios for that long time when renovating...just turn off availability.

I would take third hand information like that with a grain of salt. I’m also ticked at the lack of direct communication but someone saying they heard a CM say something isn’t really gospel to me.

I’ve heard that TripAdvisor is provided that date because it’s only regarding cash reservations through a third party site (instead of booking directly)

I would take third hand information like that with a grain of salt. I’m also ticked at the lack of direct communication but someone saying they heard a CM say something isn’t really gospel to me.
They called DVc and were told it is closed to June 13th. DvC CM said they had email saying that.

DVC is NOT talking to the brokers except about the points the brokers own. DVC has always made it pretty clear that they aren't dealing with brokers.

Now it's possible the broker has made a friend who passed on info, but it's extremely unlikely there's an official rule other than "ignore them">

Does anyone out there have reservations at HHI or VERO the first or second week of June starting in May? Just wondering if they are cancelling the entire week or calling and getting a change in the dates before cancelling the stay.
I appreciate it. Still holding out for good news.

Does anyone out there have reservations at HHI or VERO the first or second week of June starting in May? Just wondering if they are cancelling the entire week or calling and getting a change in the dates before cancelling the stay.
I appreciate it. Still holding out for good news.

I don’t but have read that they cancel the entire reservation. Someone posted a June 2nd to 9 canceled today...it was WDW, but those are the dares it seems DVC is finally up to

Well Disney is going to be part of the 10am EST discussion tomorrow submitting their reopening plans. If there is no mention of DVC even after that - and if they are talking about bringing cast members online and allowing parks to open without opening DVC as well - i'll need to know the best email address to write to because then I really don't know what is standing in the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!