VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Any new news today? We are on the way to HHI right now and our Vero check in is currently still set for Tuesday. There is nothing with points at WDW for Tuesday-Friday! I heard that the west winds from the latest hurricane may push the red tide back out to sea but couldn't find any updates on beaches reopening or levels declining near Vero.

Hi!
My parents are actually out of state now so I do not have a reliable update of the current situation. I did just see that a guest at the Disney resort was sitting by the pool with no symptoms. I hope the other hurricane winds can blow everything away for you and everyone planning vacations there!

Sitting by the Disney pool right now and no symptoms! I did have coughing, etc at Central Beach 3 days ago.

The Disney beach has been cleaned. Just walked out to Disney beach and NO symptoms! Hopefully the tide is turning!

I heard that the air today seems much better but saw that the tests are still just as high. We have until Tuesday so I plan to call the resort Sunday and hope they have good news for us!

The quote above yours, Jenhelgren, is the one Lparr7 was referring to. It was made today around noonish on the Vero Beach Red Tide thread. :cutie:

I've been trying to find cash rates for VB for two nights in June since we're low on DVC points, but haven't been able to find any dates with availability. I might end up renting DVC points, but was trying to check rack rates to see if the price would be comparable for more flexibility with the reservation, but so far I haven't been able to find any dates with availability on any room types in June. Any ideas why or when they would be available? Or should I just go with DVC rental?

I've been trying to find cash rates for VB for two nights in June since we're low on DVC points, but haven't been able to find any dates with availability. I might end up renting DVC points, but was trying to check rack rates to see if the price would be comparable for more flexibility with the reservation, but so far I haven't been able to find any dates with availability on any room types in June. Any ideas why or when they would be available? Or should I just go with DVC rental?

I'm not a DVC member, but we have a wedding on the gulf side in February so we decided to make more of a trip out of it and are staying three nights at Vero. When I tried to book, anything, thru the Disney site, I couldn't find a single room available. I think we are right at the start of peak time. I went thru a rental store and was able to get a 1 Bedroom Villa for the dates I wanted. I don't know enough on how DVC availability works, but in my case, availability seemed present for points, but not cash.

I'm not a DVC member, but we have a wedding on the gulf side in February so we decided to make more of a trip out of it and are staying three nights at Vero. When I tried to book, anything, thru the Disney site, I couldn't find a single room available. I think we are right at the start of peak time. I went thru a rental store and was able to get a 1 Bedroom Villa for the dates I wanted. I don't know enough on how DVC availability works, but in my case, availability seemed present for points, but not cash.

Thanks, that's probably what I'll end up doing too, it just seems so weird to me that nothing is available.

Do you need to make ADR for the on site restaurant or is there walk up availability? If you do need to make ADRs, how do you make them? We will be there two nights before a cruise in just a few weeks. DH will be working the full day we are there. Is there internet on the beach?

Do you need to make ADR for the on site restaurant or is there walk up availability? If you do need to make ADRs, how do you make them? We will be there two nights before a cruise in just a few weeks. DH will be working the full day we are there. Is there internet on the beach?
I used OPENTABLE to make my reservations. No deposit either. We had a good meal and good service.

Just a note about no-see-ums, if you are the one that bugs love, they are out and I got bit ..a lot without bug spray. Not the best move on my part and boy do they itch. Lesson learned...

Hello folks... This is DisDayDreamer (Rob). I have been away from the DisBords for many years. I don't know what caused me to come back tonight, but I did, and I see that the thread basically stopped with 2017. I don't see any posts by my successor host RSHEALAND. I don't know what happened, but the thread is over a year old. I belatedly wish him well or bon voyage my VB friend. I'm having difficulty just navigating the new boards. I will get my footing back on the boards and try to talk to the mods to get the thread turned back over to me so I can renew/reset it going forward. This thread dates back to 2007 so I hope to keep going forward. We will be back at VB this May when I hope to update as much as I can. Look soon for the VERO BEACH 2019 Information and Adoration Thread. I'm getting started... NOW...

Welcome back Rob!!!! Terrible “Red Tide” at VB this year :(

We are seriously thinking about going next August (we'll be in WDW for a week but really want to go to VB for 3-4 of those days) but aren't sure due to red tide....

We are seriously thinking about going next August (we'll be in WDW for a week but really want to go to VB for 3-4 of those days) but aren't sure due to red tide....
From what I read, the Red Tide is extremely rare on the east coast. I would be much more concerned planning a west coast of Florida trip than I would on the east coast. On our recent October F&W trip, we booked our flight into Tampa in March thinking we would go to Clearwater Beach first then head to Orlando. We found out about Red Tide and scrapped the Clearwater Beach and just drove directly to Orlando. Was very sad to hear about the Red Tide which was ongoing from about Nov of 2017 through end of Nov 2018. Happy to hear that the Red Tide is gone on the west coast.:cheer2: The beaches on the west coast like Siesta Key, St.Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach are so pretty. So happy for residents, businesses, and tourists that the Red Tide is finally gone:goodvibes. Enjoy Vero if you go, its a great resort!:thumbsup2

From what I read, the Red Tide is extremely rare on the east coast. I would be much more concerned planning a west coast of Florida trip than I would on the east coast. On our recent October F&W trip, we booked our flight into Tampa in March thinking we would go to Clearwater Beach first then head to Orlando. We found out about Red Tide and scrapped the Clearwater Beach and just drove directly to Orlando. Was very sad to hear about the Red Tide which was ongoing from about Nov of 2017 through end of Nov 2018. Happy to hear that the Red Tide is gone on the west coast.:cheer2: The beaches on the west coast like Siesta Key, St.Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach are so pretty. So happy for residents, businesses, and tourists that the Red Tide is finally gone:goodvibes. Enjoy Vero if you go, its a great resort!:thumbsup2

Thanks! We visited twice last summer, in June for several days with water that was perfectly clear; and one day in August (day trip from WDW) when it was VERY seaweed-y.

Welcome back Rob!!!! Terrible “Red Tide” at VB this year :(
Hi, Hope, It's been a very long time. Not sure how many people are still here. Need to review this thread to see. After messaging with Webmaster Doc I remember the tedious task of getting the code and permanent content to RSHEALAND. I will have to go back to my last thread and copy it from there (hopefully it works) as a. I am determined to get a 2019 thread up and running. Just will take a little time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!