VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Did you walk to Beach Bites and Orchid Island? I'm just wondering if it's walk-able distance and if you did walk, what route did you take? Hwy 1A1? Or is there a beach path?

Thanks,
We walked to Orchid Island. It's like 2 blocks or 5 minutes down the sidewalk.

Just to be on the record. Did not have a good pizza here. Just my opinion, each to his own.

I guess it depends what you are used to, because we’re OK with Orchid Pizza and some of its other food items.

2. We were there in March, and our room (ocean view in the Inn) was in very good shape. Again, it wasn't a standard view, but we had a king, and it was a huge room. Yes, it was a shower/tub.
Just a note regarding the inn rooms. I believe there are very a very limited number of rooms with king beds. Perhaps only two, in fact. And, yes, they are huge. These rooms have a unique layout due to the way the balcony and dormers fit into the architecture on the ocean side of the resort. The rest of the inn rooms have two queens. We managed to score one of the king bed rooms on our second visit (back in about 2003), and have been unsuccessful in all subsequent visits, perhaps 10 in total. We request a king bed room when we book (with DVC), but it’s just a request, of course.

Just a note regarding the inn rooms. I believe there are very a very limited number of rooms with king beds. Perhaps only two, in fact. And, yes, they are huge. These rooms have a unique layout due to the way the balcony and dormers fit into the architecture on the ocean side of the resort. The rest of the inn rooms have two queens. We managed to score one of the king bed rooms on our second visit (back in about 2003), and have been unsuccessful in all subsequent visits, perhaps 10 in total. We request a king bed room when we book (with DVC), but it’s just a request, of course.
Beginner's luck, I suppose, as this was our first (and likely our last) visit to VB. It was a great room, gotta say!

Did you walk to Beach Bites and Orchid Island? I'm just wondering if it's walk-able distance and if you did walk, what route did you take? Hwy 1A1? Or is there a beach path?

Thanks,

Yes, it's walkable. Walk to the north end of the resort over by the campfire area. If you walk behind it (toward the ocean) you'll see a non-descript gate. You walk through there and you wind up at a picnic table area that I think is part of the park. Walk through the parking lot back toward the A1A and it's one of the first shops. You'll need your keycard to get back in the gate (and maybe to leave, too; I don't remember that part exactly). We stayed in the main building and it was only about a 5-7 minutes walk.425664

Last edited:

Yes, it's walkable. Walk to the north end of the resort over by the campfire area. If you walk behind it (toward the ocean) you'll see a non-descript gate. You walk through there and you wind up at a picnic table area that I think is part of the park. Walk through the parking lot back toward the A1A and it's one of the first shops. You'll need your keycard to get back in the gate (and maybe to leave, too; I don't remember that part exactly). We stayed in the main building and it was only about a 5-7 minutes walk.View attachment 425664

Thank you so much! I love visuals ;)

Yes, it's walkable. Walk to the north end of the resort over by the campfire area. If you walk behind it (toward the ocean) you'll see a non-descript gate. You walk through there and you wind up at a picnic table area that I think is part of the park. Walk through the parking lot back toward the A1A and it's one of the first shops. You'll need your keycard to get back in the gate (and maybe to leave, too; I don't remember that part exactly). We stayed in the main building and it was only about a 5-7 minutes walk.View attachment 425664
You can also walk along the beach or use the sidewalk along A1A, so three options to get there.

Do any of the 2 bedroom units face the ocean or do they all face the front of the resort/road? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that to even have a chance at an ocean view you had to request a 2 bed lock-off and only the standard config 2 bed is available for our dates. I was also considering connecting Inn rooms rather than the 2 bed. They are both open for the date we are looking at.

With the 2 inn rooms we would gain an extra bath and have 4 separate beds but lose the in room laundry and full kitchen set up. Has anyone done both that could comment and help me make a decision? Is there any chance that we would not get connecting rooms? That would be a deal breaker because we will have kids with us and I would plan on leaving the connecting door open and using it all as one big space!

Do any of the 2 bedroom units face the ocean or do they all face the front of the resort/road? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that to even have a chance at an ocean view you had to request a 2 bed lock-off and only the standard config 2 bed is available for our dates. I was also considering connecting Inn rooms rather than the 2 bed. They are both open for the date we are looking at.
Yes, the dedicated 2-BRs face away from the ocean. Do the lock-off for a (small) chance of seeing the ocean out your windows (and it's really only a sliver of water, if any, you may see).

Thanks! The 2 bed lock-off is sold out for our dates. We usually stay in a 1 bedroom unit but it also unavailable so we are trying to decide between a standard 2 bedroom or two connecting pool view inn rooms.

Am I imagining it, or was there a deal last fall where you could buy a 100 Wind & Waves gift card and get a bonus Vero Beach resort gift card ($20 I think). I could not find anything about this anywhere - checked the forum, internet, and my email.

Assuming that it is not longer available. But now I am starting to think I imagined the whole thing!!

Anyone recall this? Thanks.

Am I imagining it, or was there a deal last fall where you could buy a 100 Wind & Waves gift card and get a bonus Vero Beach resort gift card ($20 I think). I could not find anything about this anywhere - checked the forum, internet, and my email.

Assuming that it is not longer available. But now I am starting to think I imagined the whole thing!!

Anyone recall this? Thanks.

You’re not imagining it. We were told about the gift card offer when we checked in last Monday for a little getaway.

You’re not imagining it. We were told about the gift card offer when we checked in last Monday for a little getaway.
Is it something that can be purchased in advance or only offered at check-in? Is ithe $100 card valid for the Wind and Waves full service only or good in the Marketplace also? We just booked for next month so I am interested if it's still around then!!

Is it something that can be purchased in advance or only offered at check-in? Is ithe $100 card valid for the Wind and Waves full service only or good in the Marketplace also? We just booked for next month so I am interested if it's still around then!!
We bought ours after check-in. I believe you could only do it through a website or QR code on the flyer they gave us. The $100 was only good at the sit down restaurant, but the bonus $20 was good at the market and I believe the bar too.

We bought ours after check-in. I believe you could only do it through a website or QR code on the flyer they gave us. The $100 was only good at the sit down restaurant, but the bonus $20 was good at the market and I believe the bar too.
Do you still have the website or is it a unique code given at check-in? I will try to call the desk when our stay gets closer and see if its still available, but was there any expiration listed on anything?

We will be staying at VB for the first time this coming Feb, I too am interested in this gift card. Any additional information you can supply would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible for you to supply the website or is it a unique code as stated above? Thanks for any information. :flower1:

The website is generic. I assume it is probably the same one that I used last year. I believe that it was posted on this thread but I could not find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!