Vero Beach Construction

marygrcevic

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Does anyone have any updates on construction at Vero Beach?? - was thinking of going 1st week of December, wondered if they had started on time.

Ive been searching every where for pics and cant find any! We were there in September of this year and the life guard(who admitted they might be wrong) said if it was inside the pool fence it was getting updated/repaired/replaced. Redoing mini golf, redoing splash area, and repainting the pool and slide.

Okay, not much to report...
Only construction noticed was the pool. Pool appeared normal... except for the construction fence (and it was an ugly one).
Could not navigate over to the mini golf.
Wind & Waves and the Green Cabin Room were normal. The walkway (old Shutter’s breezeway) now has dinner tables. I believe that’s just for spreading the tables for social distancing.
I wish it would stay that way....

To add they also are working on the rest rooms by pool area. So if you are on the beach and need to go to a rest room, either need to walk to your room or the public restrooms in the main building. Actually I had heard they started on the rest rooms, and broke ground by the putt putt area last week.

Curious if anyone has been to vero since the pool reopened. What are the changes? anything noteworthy? I saw the putt putt area getting worked on when I was there, but not much else. So curious.

I was there the first three days that the pool area reopened. I saw the final work being done on the days before that. I saw the entire pool deck being power-washed, as well as the walkway to Wind & Waves Grill. The mini golf was getting new astro-turf and new hibiscus plantings. I read another visitor saying she could tell the slide got a fresh coat of paint, the height of the railings were raised, and the bathroom reno (which I thought was very nice for a pool restroom) now matches the restroom in the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!