• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero beach - fishing

flowrida

Mouseketeer
i've reliably (i hope) been informed that there is pier fishing from Hilton Head resort - is there beach fishing from Vero Beach resort can anyone confirm?

Look forward to hearing from you.

There wasn't beach fishing from what I could see, but, across the street from the resort is a small pond where my son caught his first bass! He enjoyed fishing there and there was a small pier to fish from. We chartered a boat and went deep sea fishing which was expensive but a unique experience.

thanks for that - also, is there much in the way of eating and shopping nearby Vero Beach?

There is a public fishing pier at Sebation inlet not too far away and also I believe one in Vero Beach itself. THe fishing was great when we were there.

There really isn't anywhere to fish on the beach by the resort.

I would go up to Sebastian Inlet or go to Captain Hiram's and book a charter-they have a ton of info in their lobby.

You can also eat at Captain Hiram's. Charlie and Jake's up in Sebastian is also good.

What kind of food are you thinking of?

Have a good time.

I have seen people fishing from the beach in the past. A few years ago a gentleman was fishing and reeled in a nice little hammerhead shark that was about 3-3.5 ft long. :fish:

This was about my 5th time to Vero and I didn't realize they had an outlet mall there. It was very nice and had a large variety of stores.

The outlet mall is pretty decent. I like the Ralph Lauren outlet for sheets and towels.

There really aren't enough decent restaurants in the area. Carrabba's is good.

I'd love a Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden or decent Mexican restaurant.

I think the local governments shun the chain restaurants.

The Wendy's in Sebastian is finally going to open back up after the hurricane damaged it last year. At least I can get a frosty every now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter