Vero Beach for Beach Vacation

I like waves too, so scenic. I will ask DH what he prefers. We go to Ogunquit Maine in the summer for the tidal pools for DD. What do you think the crowds would be like April 2019 (week of 21st, yikes, Easter). I think this is when school break will be. Thanks!
I do not think of “ crowd levels” at VB. The resort may be full, but it is not a huge resort. I have never not found a lounge chair, and I have been when the resort is full. There are many activities for children, our grandchildren enjoyed doing many craft activities, some for a fee. I have been when the pool is crowded, but we have never said, “I am sorry we came, the resort is too crowded.”

HH sounds really nice. What do you think their crowd levels would be like next April 2019 (it would unfortunately be the week of Easter, I think, April 21st)? Thank you!
Probably very crowded like everywhere during spring break. My sister in law went to HHI, they are Marriott timeshare owners, years ago Easter week, when my nephew was a junior in high school. She said that the weather was great, BUT it was very crowded,:scared1: long waits for restaurants. ENJOY wherever you decide!:banana:

We have been to VB twice once before a cruise and the other time spilt with a stay at SSR.

We really enjoy VB. Waves are okay. The resort is beautiful and quiet. We always rent two chairs and an umbrella for the length of our stay. It’s so nice to just walk down to the beach and have your spot ready.

We have enjoyed the food at the resort but haven’t been there since they renovated the restaurants and CS by the pool. That should be fantastic. We love the Green Cabin Room. We love sitting on the porch with a cocktail and some tasty food listening to sound of the ocean with a beautiful view.

The area around VB resort is really quiet.

Both times we have driven over to Sebastian and had dinner at Squid Lips. We love that place rustic, water views and great seafood.

My sons are older, so I can not comment on the kid stuff.

Good luck.

We have also been to HHI and will be back there again this summer. A big thumbs up for HHI too. Great island.

DH wants to take a break from Disney (gasp) for our next trip and stay at the ocean. How is Vero Beach for a beach vacation? Is there enough to do close by? Do you fly in to MCO and would we have to rent a car or is there any transportation to VB from the airport? Thank you for any help!
I like to take a sunrise walk on the beach each morning, but this year there was no beach to walk on. The high tide left absolutely no space to walk.

Probably very crowded like everywhere during spring break. My sister in law went to HHI, they are Marriott timeshare owners, years ago Easter week, when my nephew was a junior in high school. She said that the weather was great, BUT it was very crowded,:scared1: long waits for restaurants. ENJOY wherever you decide!:banana:

We’ve been to HHI several times in the Spring and it was crowded only once-the year our vacation coincided with Easter. It was PACKED!!
But back to Vero. We’ve never been, so we’ve got many questions as the OP. How is it for sitting on your balcony with a good book and watching the waves? Where do people go grocery shoppping? And please tell us how it was for first timers?

We’ve been to HHI several times in the Spring and it was crowded only once-the year our vacation coincided with Easter. It was PACKED!!
But back to Vero. We’ve never been, so we’ve got many questions as the OP. How is it for sitting on your balcony with a good book and watching the waves? Where do people go grocery shoppping? And please tell us how it was for first timers?
Publix on route 1 is not far, further up there’s a WalMart. I often sit on balcony read a book, watch waves,

We have been to Vero about 3 times. We usually do it as a wind down from the parks. Last May, we were at Vero after a 3 night stay in Ft.Lauderdale, skipped the parks all together. We usually do Vero for 3 or 4 nights at most, very quiet to relax. It is a lovely resort. Only negative for us is that the restaurants are all a "little further" away than say restaurants at Hilton Head. We LOVE both resorts, but if I had to pick between HH and Vero, I would probably pick HH for the great selection of restaurants, proximity. Don't think that you will be disappointed in either HH or Vero.:goodvibes As for the west coast, we enjoy the Sarasota area, Long Boat Key, Siesta Key, so beautiful, beaches are gorgeous, great for young children, water is much calmer than east coast of Florida. We travel in May(after college ends for youngest DS), so we don't travel in the more crowded summer months. We traveled to HH right before Memorial Day weekend one year which still was not crazy crowded. We were told that right after Memorial Day, HH really starts "jumping" as many southern schools are dismissing. Restaurants are apparently very difficult to get into in the summer, reservations are definitely needed. We rented bikes at both Vero and HH, prefer HH for bike riding.
LOVE riding bikes in HH to the beach house, great exercise and what a pretty bike ride! Yes, we fly in and out of Orlando, no transportation provided by Vero we rent a car. About an hour and a half car ride I think:thumbsup2:wave2:
Can you walk to restaurants that are not on property at HH? We are now looking at HH for April break next year.

Can you walk to restaurants that are not on property at HH? We are now looking at HH for April break next year.
Yes, there is a lovely Marina with gorgeous yachts walking distance to Disney Resort. We were there May of '15 and at that time there were a few excellent restaurants. From recollection a fabulous Mexican place, a fish restaurant, and maybe one or two others. I know they had an excellent ice cream shop there also. Ate at the Mexican place and the Fish restaurant. Very family friendly, such an awesome setting, outdoor seating right on the Marina.
Restaurants other than Marina, you need a car. ENJOY if you go!:cheer2:

The Ocean View Inn rooms have views of the ocean but many of the other rooms do not with the exception of the Beach Houses. Maybe some of the rooms on a high floor do, we have only stayed on the first floor of a building.

You might want to check the Vero Beach 2017 Adoration thread for view information. https://www.disboards.com/threads/vero-beach-2017-information-adoration-thread.3568176/
Great suggestion! LOVED that thread when we were vacationing there; great information!:thumbsup2

Publix on route 1 is not far, further up there’s a WalMart. I often sit on balcony read a book, watch waves,
CVS is the closest; they have a ton of stuff. We stopped there for snacks, milk, cereal, eggs, juice, sundry beach stuff, etc. ::yes::

The problem with mid-April and Easter is that the snowbird exodus back to the North happens around that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter