• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach Grand Villa

BobH

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had any success getting a Grand Villa at Vero Beach 7 months ahead? Is it an absolute necessity to own at Vero to get one? I own at OKW.
I noted that there are only 5 Grand Villas, and one was only used for display when I was at Vero last June. Any input would be appreciated.

We reserved one of the Beach Cottages at the 6 month mark for a stay in late October, 1999. We paid for Wednesday and Thursday on points, and got a DVC cash rate which was 25% off of the rack rate for Friday. It's without a doubt the nicest place our family has ever stayed. I think the high point requirement scare many people off, so there's always a chance!

I reserved a Beach House at Vero at the 7th month mark just recently. It is for the MLK weekend in January: Thursday-Sunday nights. Maybe the weekends are easier because of the high point costs, but there was no problem with the Thursday or Sunday nights either. I did not reserve day by day, just called on the 7th month mark of my checkout date. I was afraid that January might be impossible to get, so I am delighted to have reserved it!

Candace I hope you have a wondeful vacation. I saw the villas and they are fantastic.
Thank you all for the replies.

We reserved a Vero Beach Cottage in October of 2000 for 3 nights in March 2001 (Sun, Mon, Tues). We really wanted April or February, but they were booked solid so we took the March dates.

We brought my husband's parents and his sister and her 5 kids along and let me tell you - it was unbelievable. They are still raving about the house - it is so nice you could live there. The points are killer though - we paid 78 per night for that time period. We followed up the Vero days with 2 nights at Disney.

We are planning to take the same family members back next year sometime in the summer - but unfortunately I think we are going to have to do a 2 BR and a studio because the points are so high for the Beach Cottage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter