VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

Checking into VB at the end of the month and this will be our first DVC stay in a 1BR. Does it have a regular coffee pot or a Keurig? Also, I plan to cook a few meals. Does it have cookware?

Checking into VB at the end of the month and this will be our first DVC stay in a 1BR. Does it have a regular coffee pot or a Keurig? Also, I plan to cook a few meals. Does it have cookware?

Regular coffee pot and cookware included - things like pots and pans and casserole dishes, silverware, coking utensils etc. all there - the only thing that wasnt: pizza pan. Not a deal breaker haha but they are pretty well stocked.

We are going to Vero for the first time during the third week of June. We’ve been to DVC HHI before, any tips, tricks, or suggestions? Is there a blog or YouTube video out there with more information besides what’s on the Disney website or on here? Thanks for the guidance. :) We can’t wait!

We are going to Vero for the first time during the third week of June. We’ve been to DVC HHI before, any tips, tricks, or suggestions? Is there a blog or YouTube video out there with more information besides what’s on the Disney website or on here? Thanks for the guidance. :) We can’t wait!
You can search YouTube for videos of VB that include the lobby, various rooms, the beach, etc. They are helpful to a point. We've stayed at HHI a few times, and about a year ago stayed at VB for the first time.
OBSERVATIONS
- Dining: not much at VB. They do have the onsite restaurant, Wind and Waves Grill, and it's decent. The menu is a bit limited and moderately well-executed. There are a couple of local joints near the resort, but again, the food is just average. To get better and more dining options, you have to drive into VB or Sebastian proper, so that will take a bit of time. Hands down, HHI wins on dining with all the marvelous places to eat nearby.
- Activities: both resorts have them, but HHI has more. Plus, there are many excursions from HHI that VB can't quite match.
- The HHI area is large enough that some of it wakes up early enough to grab a coffee by the break of dawn at a nearby Starbucks or a couple of restaurants. Disney's VB resort doesn't do this. They do put out coffee near the spa entrance but it disappears quickly, and the resort itself doesn't really spring to life until after 8 a.m.
- The beach at VB is right there, and that's a plus. The beach at HHI is nicer, but as you know, you have to bike, drive, walk, or shuttle there.
- Pools are roughly the same, so that's a wash.
- CMs are good at VB, but again, they don't quite compare to those at HHI.
- For us, the overall vibe at VB is very laid back, a relax on the beach or by the pool sense, and seemed to attract a large number of older retirees. If you simply want a resort where you can sit on the beach or by the pool all day, and you don't require much in the way of varied dining, then VB will do quite nicely. Still, we didn't enjoy it nearly as much as we do HHI.

You can search YouTube for videos of VB that include the lobby, various rooms, the beach, etc. They are helpful to a point. We've stayed at HHI a few times, and about a year ago stayed at VB for the first time.
OBSERVATIONS
- Dining: not much at VB. They do have the onsite restaurant, Wind and Waves Grill, and it's decent. The menu is a bit limited and moderately well-executed. There are a couple of local joints near the resort, but again, the food is just average. To get better and more dining options, you have to drive into VB or Sebastian proper, so that will take a bit of time. Hands down, HHI wins on dining with all the marvelous places to eat nearby.
- Activities: both resorts have them, but HHI has more. Plus, there are many excursions from HHI that VB can't quite match.
- The HHI area is large enough that some of it wakes up early enough to grab a coffee by the break of dawn at a nearby Starbucks or a couple of restaurants. Disney's VB resort doesn't do this. They do put out coffee near the spa entrance but it disappears quickly, and the resort itself doesn't really spring to life until after 8 a.m.
- The beach at VB is right there, and that's a plus. The beach at HHI is nicer, but as you know, you have to bike, drive, walk, or shuttle there.
- Pools are roughly the same, so that's a wash.
- CMs are good at VB, but again, they don't quite compare to those at HHI.
- For us, the overall vibe at VB is very laid back, a relax on the beach or by the pool sense, and seemed to attract a large number of older retirees. If you simply want a resort where you can sit on the beach or by the pool all day, and you don't require much in the way of varied dining, then VB will do quite nicely. Still, we didn't enjoy it nearly as much as we do HHI.
Thanks for the insight!

Hi! We're checking into VB 09/07. Does anyone know the date the refurbs start? Website says late September so hoping we caught it just in time. Do you know of any characters besides the Saturday breakfast? (We will not be there on a Saturday.) It's myself, my husband, and our two year old daughter so any tips and tricks would be fabulous! We're also staying in an Ocean View Inn, we picked this instead of the Studio, does anyone have any pros and cons? Thank you so much!

Hi! We're checking into VB 09/07. Does anyone know the date the refurbs start? Website says late September so hoping we caught it just in time. Do you know of any characters besides the Saturday breakfast? (We will not be there on a Saturday.) It's myself, my husband, and our two year old daughter so any tips and tricks would be fabulous! We're also staying in an Ocean View Inn, we picked this instead of the Studio, does anyone have any pros and cons? Thank you so much!
Most reports say the pool refurbs start 9/28 so you should be fine at the beginning of the month. Ocean View Inn rooms are great for the view but some have open railings and some have a short wall

If anyone is flying in or out for your next trip, check your flight itineraries. I checked mine today for a stay next month and connecting flight leaves earlier than the first flight on the way in and my departing flight was switched from 4pm to 7am. Now I have to see what I can switch the flights to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!