VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

I canceled a Disney Cruise for August and replaced it with Vero Beach! I became a DVC member last year and have yet to use my points. I had a 7 night WDW trip booked for April which obviously didn't happen. I also had a 6 night trip booked for July but it was with my mom and kids and my mom is older and considered high risk so we decided to canceled that trip. The cruise was going to be with my DH and kids, followed by 5 nights in WDW. I decided to book 5 nights at VB and kept 3 nights at WDW. I figured I can always cancel the 3 WDW nights if I don't feel comfortable going to the parks yet (if they're even open!). I've been trying to do some research on VB but there isn't a ton of information out there. I booked a studio. It was either that or an Inn room but I wanted the exterior entrance.

How far in advance should I book dining at VB? I'd love to do the character meal but I'm afraid it won't be offered for the time being.

I canceled a Disney Cruise for August and replaced it with Vero Beach! I became a DVC member last year and have yet to use my points. I had a 7 night WDW trip booked for April which obviously didn't happen. I also had a 6 night trip booked for July but it was with my mom and kids and my mom is older and considered high risk so we decided to canceled that trip. The cruise was going to be with my DH and kids, followed by 5 nights in WDW. I decided to book 5 nights at VB and kept 3 nights at WDW. I figured I can always cancel the 3 WDW nights if I don't feel comfortable going to the parks yet (if they're even open!). I've been trying to do some research on VB but there isn't a ton of information out there. I booked a studio. It was either that or an Inn room but I wanted the exterior entrance.

How far in advance should I book dining at VB? I'd love to do the character meal but I'm afraid it won't be offered for the time being.

Vero is awesome and you'll love it!

I'm not a beach person, but we sold all of our BWV points and three quarters of our SSR points and bought Vero. It's a magical place and the cast is outstanding!

We went to Vero Beach for the first time this past Feb and it was really nice. We spent two weeks at WDW then moved on to Vero Beach, great way to end our annual trip to WDW. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :tink:

To answer your question about dinning reservations I think you can wait until you get there. The dinning room was never full when we were there, they have a rather limited menu. It was good but not a huge selection. I don't know about the character meal, DH and I weren't interested in that so I don't know.

I tried to book the Pirate dinner for July 22 and it wasn't available to be booked yet, just FYI. The CM on the phone suggested checking back around 30 days out.

I tried to book the Pirate dinner for July 22 and it wasn't available to be booked yet, just FYI. The CM on the phone suggested checking back around 30 days out.
Is calling the only way to book dining for VB?

Walked the beach at Vero today. Had a lovely conversation with a conservation CM who was marking a sea turtle nest. These CM’s are working hard and were not furloughed at all. Lots of marked off nests....hoping there are many hatchlings.
Elaine
Hello!! You must be a neighbor. We live about 10 minute drive from the resort.
We also walked the beach a couple of days back.

After canceling: Aulani for Spring Break, 2 other WDW trips in May, and just canceled our replacement Aulani trip in June, we decided to make an attempt at staying at Vero for the end of June. Not sure if that’s going to happen, but it doesn’t hurt to have it in place just in case. We’ve been to DVC Hilton Head twice and are excited about trying out Vero. Fingers crossed that it will be able to happen, but patient if it doesn’t due to CoViD.

Walked the beach at Vero today. Had a lovely conversation with a conservation CM who was marking a sea turtle nest. These CM’s are working hard and were not furloughed at all. Lots of marked off nests....hoping there are many hatchlings.
Elaine

That is great! Did you happen to talk about when the resort is going to be opening??? (JK of course) I'm so desparate for some news about the non WDW DVC resorts.

This is awesome news - i just am interested to see how they roll out the pool operationally. I'm guessing a lot of distance between groups of chairs maybe?

This is awesome news - i just am interested to see how they roll out the pool operationally. I'm guessing a lot of distance between groups of chairs maybe?
That’s my guess also, and I’m totally fine with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!