VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

We are very disappointed....we live in NY (upstate) and had reservations to go to Vero the week before labor day. This would have been our 6th trip to Vero, it has become our family's tradition. Well, first FL had the quarantine rules for visitors from NY so we were unsure how we would manage that. Then NY make quarantine rules for anyone coming from (returning from) FL. This is a problem because my daughter start school right when we get back and I also have to start classes (college professor) right when we get back. I looked at moving our trip up so that we can come home and quarantine, but in the end quarantine is a big pain. We have to order our groceries or have someone do our shopping for us. Given that NY has been in some sort of shut down since March 13th, we just don't want to deal with a quarantine. Alas, we will have to skip this year. We keep telling ourselves that Vero isn't going anywhere and we have years of vacations ahead, but it is just a disappointment to lose a vacation (we have had 2 other trips cancelled on us because of Covid, one to Montreal for a formula 1 race and one to London for Thanksgiving this year).

We are very disappointed....we live in NY (upstate) and had reservations to go to Vero the week before labor day. This would have been our 6th trip to Vero, it has become our family's tradition. Well, first FL had the quarantine rules for visitors from NY so we were unsure how we would manage that. Then NY make quarantine rules for anyone coming from (returning from) FL. This is a problem because my daughter start school right when we get back and I also have to start classes (college professor) right when we get back. I looked at moving our trip up so that we can come home and quarantine, but in the end quarantine is a big pain. We have to order our groceries or have someone do our shopping for us. Given that NY has been in some sort of shut down since March 13th, we just don't want to deal with a quarantine. Alas, we will have to skip this year. We keep telling ourselves that Vero isn't going anywhere and we have years of vacations ahead, but it is just a disappointment to lose a vacation (we have had 2 other trips cancelled on us because of Covid, one to Montreal for a formula 1 race and one to London for Thanksgiving this year).
I completely understand. We should be in DL Paris right now :( with a tour of Italy next week. We were supposed to go to DC for Spring Break, WDW for Memorial Day - lots of cancellations ahead as well. I grew up in upstate NY so I understand wanting to get down to the beaches here in FL (lived here in FL for past 25 years) but you are right - try your best to remind yourself we all have lots of travel ahead. I know it is hard.

My husband and I will arrive at Vero Beach on the 12th and can't wait to be back there. We will wear our masks like they ask, but I was wondering if they are making you wear them on the beach. We have our own chairs and umbrella and will make sure we set up far away from others. I just don't think I could bear to wear it on the beach.

My husband and I will arrive at Vero Beach on the 12th and can't wait to be back there. We will wear our masks like they ask, but I was wondering if they are making you wear them on the beach. We have our own chairs and umbrella and will make sure we set up far away from others. I just don't think I could bear to wear it on the beach.
You do not have to wear them on the beach or inside the fenced in area of the pool.

1. The restaurants are open in Sebastian with social distancing and limited seating. We ate at Squid Lips right next to the open windows over the dock. That’s the only place we ventured to...

2. Pool: You check in at the gate and a CM asks how many in your party and helps locate loungers or a table to sit at. They have a map and mark off areas taken on it. They ask that you fold up your chairs when you leave and they clean them between parties. They make frequent announcements about separating. There are markers located in high traffic areas as reminders. We felt good at the pool until the slide races, it gets more crowded, but we just moved to a less crowded space.

3. Lots and lots of space on the beach! Just avoid the turtle nests.
How are they handling pool towel requests?? thank you, Gail

How are they handling pool towel requests?? thank you, Gail
You go to Ebb and Flo’s and ask for the number of towels you need. They asked me for my last name and room number. We returned them to a window just to the left of Ebb and Flo’s when we were finished with them.

You go to Ebb and Flo’s and ask for the number of towels you need. They asked me for my last name and room number. We returned them to a window just to the left of Ebb and Flo’s when we were finished with them.

Is this the same process for beach towels?

I called Vero Front Desk this morning and asked if the beach concession services for Cabanas and beach loungers was still operating. The answer was yes. They also told me that you can buy refillable mug and they will refill it for you. I asked about refill with coffee and they said that they don’t refill with coffee, instead you have to purchase a cup of coffee. They said that they discontinued the coffee in the lobby of the Inn. We don’t drink soda, but I did like getting coffee in the mug in the mornings. Is this the same procedure now at WDW in regard to know coffee being offered for refillable mugs? Thank you!

Has anyone stayed in the HCA Beach Cottage? Does the dining room table seat 6 or 8?

The floor plan renderings show 8 chairs for the regular cottages, but all the pictures and videos show only 6. And since there is the lift in the middle of the cottage, we won't have the extra round table with 4 chairs that the regular cottages have.

Owned at VB for many years, and have stayed in the Cottages many times. Never knew one was HA. Learn something knew every day.

Owned at VB for many years, and have stayed in the Cottages many times. Never knew one was HA. Learn something knew every day.

They retrofitted #1150 with an exterior ramp and interior lift a couple years ago. I'm super excited! We've never tried for a cottage before due to the stairs. Can't believe I just snagged it today! We go the first week of August.

I found some more photos online, and the table definitely has only 6 chairs. I guess we'll set a couple of the kids at the breakfast counter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts