• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero beach memorial day weekend.

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
Just booked Memorial Day weekend.

Couldn't get Monday so I paid in cash. We will be going Wednesday to Monday. So excited. I love that place. Last time we went we discovered Bobbies. Anyone eat there? Any tips for other fun things to do in the area? Museums? Etc?

I thought about waitlisting this but we're headed to Star Wars weekend instead! Hope you have a blast--and I can't wait to hear how it goes. I am thinking of planning a September 2015 trip there!

I've been to VB many times, but we had one trip over Memorial Weekend, maybe 2005, it was with special friends, and truly one of my best trips ever!
Enjoy!

Bobbi:goodvibes

It has become my tradition to spend the unofficial first and last weeks of summer at Vero so I've spent the last few Memorial Day weekends down there. The weekend is always pretty crowded.

They usually beef up the weekend DJ pool party on Sunday to celebrate the holiday. They've had watermelon eating contests in the past with divisions for the kids and the adults.

Either of the Treasure Museums would be a fun trip and both are pretty inexpensive. Mel Fisher is more sparkly treasure oriented versus McClarty which focuses more on the historical aspects of the Spanish Fleet shipwrecks but I really enjoyed both of them.

Check out the Vero Beach Adoration thread for info and favorites from folks.

Thanks for the good wishes. Every time we go there it is just the best all. Around trip! Last time we discovered bobbies restaurant in downtown. Anyone have favorite restaurants?

We're in WDW Memorial Day weekend and then head to VB Tues. AM for four nights. Can't wait!

We've only been there once and would also be interested in new restaurants.

We're in WDW Memorial Day weekend and then head to VB Tues. AM for four nights. Can't wait!

We've only been there once and would also be interested in new restaurants.

Based on budget (or lack thereof) I tend to stick with the same places visit after visit. Unfortunately, I just can't afford some of the places that I'd like to try.

Since I'm a fan of traditional diner breakfasts, I enjoy Country Ham N Egg restaurant in Sebastian (US1, northbound side, just south of 512) with JP Matty being another decent (and inexpensive) option. Nothing fancy, not necessarily healthy but certainly yummy.

Last visit one of the Front Desk CMs recommended Vittorio's Pizzaria and I have to say they had some of the best pizza I've tasted in Florida, plus excellent service. You could tell they have lots of regulars. It is an old school strip mall pizzaria like the ones I grew up with in central NJ. They have 3 locations, the closest to the resort is on US1, southbound side, in the same plaza as the Publix.

We did the Early Dining Special at Avanzare in downtown Vero a couple trips back and while I had an issue with some burnt garlic infecting everything on my plate, my friend really enjoyed his meal. Based on other reviews, it could be worth a trip.

We also tried Johnny D's Bistro & Market on A1A and they were very good. We took advantage of their Prixe Fixe menu during off season and it was a terrific value for some very good food.

Then there are the old standards - Mr. Manatee's for fried seafood, Squid Lips (darn that evil and delicious bimini bread), Captain Hiram's for burgers out at the Sand Bar while being entertained by a good local band.

We like Squid lips and mulligans in Sebastian and Riverside Cafe in Vero.

Also, the mc claraty treasure museum in he Sebastian state park! and the Navy Seal museum in Ft Pierce are both very interesting.

Have fun! We love Vero :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter