• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vero Beach Restaurants?

Jimmy G

Earning My Ears
Two adults going tp VB in Nov. need info on restaurants.a All types of sugestions welcome.Can be pricey or just bar food with a view. Please help!!!

Hi Jimmy

there are a LOAD of reasonable restaurants in the area and the hotel has a book in the lobby that has menus from a lot of the local restaurants so you can get an idea of what's on offer, it also gives driving instructions.

My favourites are
Hirmana's , which is a Mexican ( apparantly this is more "authentic" mexican food as opposed to "Tex -Mex " ) about 10 minutes drive from DVC. To get there you drive to US1 and then take US1 north for about 2 miles. The restaurant is on your left so you need to do a U-turn. Not open on Sundays

Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty. Great seafood and a wonderful view at dusk. They do "early bird " specials if you like to eat early. It takes about 20 minutes to drive here.

I'm sure you'll get some other recommendations

The Patio is about 15-20 minutes from the resort. Great seafood, not very impressive to look at from the exterior but the interior was fine, the food (wonderful) and the service great!!!! Ate there twice on our last trip but will dine there more the next! The Ocean Grill (10 minute drive) has a fabulous view, service was very good, and the food was okay(I really enjoyed the duck, but my DH's seafood platter was gross and lacked any flavor.) Sonyas at the resort is really good for dinner, but we found the Shutters breakfast not so great!!!

For bar food with a view, don't even leave the place! The Green Cabin room at the resort is lovely. Actually our best food with a view was our room. For those interested, room 1239 (1 BDR) has a FABULOUS ocean view. We stopped at the grocery for french bread, wine, cheese, fruit (pizza for the teens) and ate out on the balcony. I could have stayed there a week.

Dinner for two cost us about $80-$90 with tip, but you feel like you have a professional chef taking care of you. Take a left out of Disney Vero resort drive about 5-10 minutes. It is on your right as you start to hit the other Vero motels. It is at #4445 Rt A1A.
Have a great time!

We ate at the Italian Grill, 2128 58th Ave, VB a nice mom & pop type place, nothing fancy, but good food and service. It was inexpensive, maybe $50 for dinner for three.

Also ate at the Ocean Grill, it was very tasty, on the expensive side. Also ate at Shutters, which was OK, thought the menu was limited, Sonya's, very good, we had brunch and dinner here, I've seen better brunch spreaads but it was good. The Green Cabin room was also nice, we had sandwiches on the deck one evening.

We went to the grocery store (Wal-Mart?) and got stuff for breakfast and lunch for each day, so we really only ate dinners out. For lunch a couple times I got french fries from the pool bar and we ate them with our sandwiches in the room.

Guest services has a huge book full of listing of restaurants.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter