Vero Beach?

nigel-bigel

DIS Veteran
Hi-

We are thinking of spending a few days at Vero Beach after our WDW visit over Halloween. I have two DDs, ages 3 and 7. Everything I read about kids activities at the resort seems geared to 4 and up. Will my little one feel left out, or is there lots for her to do as well?

What do you think of the resort in general?

Thanks! Nicole

My family was at VB over Thanksgiving for eight nights. We actually bought into the Disney Vacation Club a year and a half ago, with VB as our home resort and this was our first trip there.

I have to tell you that we absolutely loved it and already have another trip planned. We plan on hitting VB for the last several days of every Disney vacation. If you go to the DVC board, you will find alot of info on Vero there.

They have activities for kids of all ages, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. It is, however a much more layed back resort than you would be accustomed to if you stay on Disney World property.

The place is beautiful, the restaurants are nice, there is a wonderful lounge in the main building where you can sit on the balcony, have appetizers and drinks and watch the sunset, even with the kids, lol.

The accomodations are great. We stayed in a one bedroom, that had a great view of the ocean.

There is a wonderful slide in the pool, game rentals, movie rentals, miniature golf course, but the nicest part are the employees. They go out of their way to make your trip a memorable one. I get up really early, and I would head to the pool and read. I would get there probably an hour before the pool even "officially" opened, and there was usually several people mulling about, cleaning, getting ready, etc, and I had a great time over the course of the week, just talking with them.

Your kids will love it, and you will all have a great time.

We were at the VB resort in 2000. Most of the planned activities were geared for older kids. Our 4 year old and her cousin (also 4) weren't discouraged from participating but the other kids were considerably older. Most of the activities weren't a good fit for little ones, in our opinion.

We loved the resort itself...the pool area was wonderful as was the character breakfast with Goofy and Max (Goof Troop) and the tea party. Mini-golf was also fun. The rooms were very nice as were the public areas. The food in the restaurant was also good.

Disney could improve the experience by planning more 4 and under activities.

We just returned from our visit to VB.

While we don't have any childern, it sure seemed like there were activies for kids.

Some of the activies did seem pointed at the older childern like the balloon toss and stuff. But I believe any child would be happy playing in the sand on the beach or at the pool.

I would also recommend the campfire at night. It was a lot of fun, even for the adults.

We love VB! It is addictive - very hard to plan a trip to WDW without going there also! My kids have a great time. When my youngest was 4 she had her big sister (4 yr. older) with her and they always had a great time. My oldest has done archery on her own but I think everything else included youngest too like birthday party, pool ball game and crafts. We have also done several family things such as campfire, mini-golf contest and scavenger hunt. As you can see, we really love it!:)

Nicole... great minds think alike! :D We have also been thinking about trying Vero Beach after our WDW vacation during the week of Halloween. ;) It's nice to hear some info about it. :)

They have at least one activity per day for the "tot" age group of 3-5. This includes stuff like bubble time, chalk art, duck duck goose, etc. Also, there is an area at the pool specifically for kids under 5 that is a pirate ship with water squirting all over. There is also just the simple playing with sand toys on the beach. My 4 year old has a ball there and we are making our 3rd trip there this summer.

thanks to all for your feedback. it sounds like you all love it there. jenn, your little ones experience is grest to hear about.

i think we will book for a visit just before halloween, because it seems weekdays are almost half the price of weekends. now, it they would only publish those AP rates for october!

thanks again, nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter