Vero Beach

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Hey

For our next trip November 2005 (such a long time away :( ) During our two weeks we are thinking about spending the weekend at Vero.

So tell me all about it...Have you been?, What activities are there? How long is the drive form WDW?

Thanks in advance....

Hi Kaylee

We went to Vero 3 years ago.

It's a very nice place to relax, about 2 hours from WDW.

I wrote a report about it on one of my trip reports if you want to look.

Kev

Me and the kids spent 3 nights there a couple of weeks ago as a break from the parks. It was great. My 13 yr old son is saying it's the part of the trip he thinks about most. It was an easy drive of about an hour and three quarters. The hotel is lovely and very quiet. We had what they call a deluxe inn room (which is the cheapest) and was like a standard hotel room with the addition of a small kitchen area and there was also a video. We were given a sea/pool view which we didn't pay for. The pool is nice and very close to the hotel. The sea is very near although it was too rough to swim when we were there. We found enough to do for a couple of days but you might struggle with more time, especially if you are in WDW mode and expecting to be entertained 24/7. There were plenty of activities organised, but some were expensive. Will went to a cell painting class that lasted an hour and cost $15. Robin painted a tile and I think that was $10. There were boat trips, scuba diving classes, kayaking trips but these were all around the $45+ mark. The mini golf was $10 for the two boys to have a length of stay pass and they made good use of that. There were organised pool games which they enjoyed. We went to the campfire singalong and marshmallow toast which was nice (and free). As the waves were quite big we spent some time at the next door public beach watching the surfers as they came after school and work. My teenage daughter enjoyed that particularly. There was a decent shopping mall about 20 minutes drive away and an outlet mall which we didn't get to. The shop had a good selection of videos to hire for about $3. All in all, we had a lovely, relaxing time at Vero Beach and would definitely do it again within a WDW trip. Any more specific questions, PM me. Oh, by the way, if you can't find any other discount, the Birnbaum guide book has a discount voucher for Vero in the back. Just ask for the Birnbaum discount when you call to book.

Kaylee, I didn't realise you were a DVC member. The prices are quoted are not right in your case. The activities will be about 2/3 the price and videos are free.

Kaylee Vero beach is a must. We always call in there for at least 2nts on our stays at WDW. The green cabin room is great --lunchs over looking the Ocean -- or just a few beers lol. The Mall and outlets are pretty good too. Ohhh don't forget to look out for buried treasure pirate:

Its a must :crazy:

jj........ :sunny:

Thanks everyone :)

It sounds lovely.....Kev whats the address for your TR or are they on our very own TR board?? When did you go??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter