very difficult to log official complaint?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
the following is part of a reply i'd posted in another thread, but didn't get any followup due to a slight topic difference.
maybe there is some interest in this on this board??

Originally posted by disneyberry
BTW, about where to go to complain, i read somewhere and heard someone talking about this:

that unless you go to Guest Services in person and officially file a complaint, Disney will not really pay any attention to your emails or letters. and i also heard that the Disney CMs will do everything possible to prevent you from filing an official complaint because that goes on record, and looks bad on their part.

can someone verify this information?

It really depends on the situation and the cast member. Unfortunately with the job market in Orlando being so tight Disney has not been able to hire only the best people for the last several years. However it is still the best course of action to voice your complaint to the cast member that it applies to the most. Most of us will go out of our to attempt to fix any problem that exists and if it is a complaint about something major we will report it to our management team who also take guest complaints seriously. If your problem is about an individual cast member try to work it out with them first and if you still feel a need to report the problem to guest services or ask to speak with a manager. Also do not hesitate to report positive experiences to guest services. There is nothing that a cast member likes more than getting a few words of thanks from a happy guest.

As for mailed complaints, I assure you that these recieve just as much attention as in-person complaints. However with the extremely large numbers of letters received by WDW it is necessary in some situations to send out a form response. All letters are read and action is taken where appropriate.

All complaints are taken seriously. Whether its in person, email or snail mail. A letter will generate a response by mail as well as an email, if you include your address. The CMs do not discourage complaints, because you do NOT complain to the CM you have a difficulty with. While in the park, first ask for a manager, and then go to Guest Relations. We do value your business, and one dissatisfied guest can turn away more people. A happy guest is our best advertisement. :D

I am surprised to hear that WDW responds to letters of complaint. In October, I wrote a very long letter concerning the change in limited edition size of the pin of the month series. It was not an angry letter, but rather one where I explained why I thought they had made a mistake and offered suggestions on ways to help the pin collectors. I sent the letter by email and snail mail and never received a response. I was very disappointed by that.

Leslie

is kind of different. If you had made a request, or had a problem with quality, then a letter would have been generated. Disney receives thousands of letters about edition sizes, availability, and design every day. There is a serious backlog. You will get a letter..eventually. Complaints about service, treatment, and problems with merchandise or accomodations are taken very seriously.

EpcotMom,
I must disagree with you. I think that if you had a problem with an individual cast member you should confront him/her about it first. I did not mean make your official complaint to that cast member. You know as well as I do that we all have bad days and I think that if a cast member does something to offend a guest that they should be given an opportunity to correct the situation themself before management or guest relations is brought in.

I had assumed that you had already called the CM on the problem, and got no satisfaction. Therefore would have lodged a complaint elsewhere. Being a CM, I know that sometimes guests are offended . Some CMs do try to make amends. However a few do not. Those are the ones you need to complain about.

thanks to all for your reassuring replies.

what would be the best way to go about making a complaint about a negative experience at a particular attraction/ride, and provide suggestions with how Disney might be able to prevent another guest from having the same negative experience?

The last time I had a problem with something that adverse that happened to my family, I found out the MAILING address (not e-mail) & name of the superior to the person I was concerned with, and I also got the MAILING address of the bosses' boss.

I wrote a REAL letter to both, and within 10 days of mailing them, I had received phone calls from them both personally. One of them left 4 (1-2-3-4) messages on my answering machine before they finally talked to me. I was greatly impressed by her persistence.

IMHO.................... If something truly is worth you voicing an opinion over, you should write it in a real letter. I think that e-mail is just too darned easy to be seen by an "underling" (with no offense intended) and flushed down the electronic toilet.

Jim's ideas:

1. Get a mailing address
2. Get a real person's name (I HATE Dear Sir, Dear Madam or To Whom It May Concern letters) & make it to them personally
3. Be polite, but make your point.
4. If possible, be positive somewhere in your letter.
5. I ALWAYS conclude a letter of this nature with........ "I am looking forward to receiving your reply."
6. I do NOT give an e-mail address (see the "underling" thing from above.
7. If I don't hear back in about a month, I write again & enclose a copy of the original letter.

I think if you do all this, you may or may not get satisfaction, but you most certainly will get a reply. Maybe even a phone call or 2.............

Good Luck!!!!!!!

I've complained to Disney 2 times over the last 8 months. Both times, I e-mailed the appropriate parts of the company and got excellent results! Here's my story:

We finally traveled to WDW last December after 4 years of "deprivation". We found that guest services were not what we remembered them to be. As soon as I got back, I logged on to Disney.com, looked for the e-mail link and sent a message stating the facts of what had happened to us and how sad we were about seeing the decline in services at WDW. Within 15 days, we got a phone call from WDW management. During our 45 minute conversation, the manager let me know that they took these complaints seriously, and that they do their best to avoid awkward situations between guests and cast members. The call ended on a positive note, since I felt that at least I had been listened to. About a week later, I got a letter from the same manager re-instating their commitment to quality service and offering to personally take care of all arrangements for our next visit to WDW! We had been planning to go again on December 2001, and took advantage of the offer. I called up the number on the letter and was instantly treated like royalty... now we can't wait for our December 7, 2001 trip, which has costed us about the same we paid last year, but adds 4 days and and is being planned, step-by-step by Disney.

My other e-mail was in regrd to the Disney Club offer for children's backpacks when buing Disney-on-Ice tickets. When I purchased our tickets and gave the offer code to the agent, they looked at me like I was from another planet. Needless to say, I was furious that I wasn't able to get what I had a right to! I e-mailed and 2 weeks later, I got a phone call to verify what the problem was. About 4 days later, our backpacks arrived via fedex.

thanks for these replies, but since i am no longer anywhere near WDW (what a sad sad thing that is), i can't speak to any CMs in person regarding what i wanted to comment on (not necessarily a full-out complaint, just suggestions which i would appreciate if someone in charge could listen to).

how do i go about finding the right address (either snail mail or email) to address issues about particular attractions/rides?

maybe this is on the wrong board, if the moderator knows of a better board to ask this question, please go ahead and move it.

thanks!

If you would like you could email me with the nature of the complaint and I will find out who you should talk to.

OnWithTheShow,

I hesitated to post this since I have no corroboration at all, but it brought to mind a post I saw on RADP a couple weeks ago. The poster said that City Hall was no longer filling out forms when they received a complaint. I personally find this very hard to believe. I was wondering if you had any first hand knowledge of this one way or the other.

Thanks.

"Your concerns are being taken with the highest regard"

When I spoke to a WDW CS that is what he kept telling me. Over and over and over again. Get's a bit annoying after awhile. I received a personal response, but I really don't think they cared about what I had to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter