Very Disappointed at Disney for After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can empathize with the OP. It is difficult to make an informed decision without adequate information.

I've been going to WDW for decades and predate all FP's. It has only become more complex over time. It can be exhausting and frustrated to have to check every single day to see if they have loaded their calendar with certain events or an ADR your really wanted is now open.

I have two upcoming trips planned that are months away. My sister called and asked if I'd like to go next month with some friends during spring break. The thought of trying to put together a trip last minute during such a crowded time with no advance planning turned my stomach. We are going elsewhere in Fl for a more relaxing beach vacation for much, much cheaper. Of course WDW can be done last minute with the right mindset but I know how much better a well planned trip is and since I have already had many and will have more planned why would I spend all that money for something so crowded and frustrating? I have an AP but even a boutique, luxury hotel suite with a balcony beachfront was a fraction of a deluxe which are very nice Marriotts.

Unfortunately, return visitors are not their market. They make their money on one and done.

We have a trip booked for May 2nd thru the 11th at the Polynesian. My FastPass window comes open next weekend. I’m disappointed at Disney for not making a new schedule for Disney After Hours. At least they should come out with a press release saying they are not going to have the time being.

Here we are with dinner reservations, FastPass needing to be booked and if they release a schedule after the fact it becomes harder to move things around. I don’t mind spending the money to go to After Hours because it allows us to relax more during the day. Oh well.

I did not read through the whole thread yet, and am typically incredibly defensive of Disney. However, the situation with Park hours is an absolute disgrace. I absolutely understand and agree with your frustrations.

From what I can tell, they release After Hours dates pretty close. So for your trip, I would expect dates released on mid to late March. It is really frustrating to pay all that money to go to WDW, and then have to pay extra for After Hours to get a lot of time in the parks.

Whoever thought the MK closing at 9pm was acceptable should be ashamed of themselves.

We'll just have to be flexible!

Does Disney ever officially announce they aren’t going to do something?

Nope. Just look at the MNSSHP ticket release or the free dining promo and AP discount rooms that were released in January. I don't believe anyone seen all of that coming at once. When I originally made my hotel reservation for May the lady on the phone said to keep an eye out of AP discounts in early spring then next thing you know they were released in January. Disney does their own thing. Some people don't like it but it is what it is. Just gotta go with the flow sometimes.

Now that it’s been established that future DAHs haven’t been announced, closing until the upcharge Mod returns. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!