Very frustrating phone call with Universal, changing reservations advice!

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we have 4 nights at Sapphire for this August. The price today came down about $10.00 a night, so I called spoke to a rep. who rebooked the trip for the lesser price. She was very nice, no problem. She also emailed me the form to fax down to pay off the balance.
About 3 hours later, I checked my email, saw the new reservation-the new reservation is not reflecting my deposit anywhere. The rep had said they would transfer that 1 night stay deposit onto the new reservation. I called Universal, and the rep was telling me "you wouldn't see it" on the new reservation-Wouldn't see it?? The total due is showing full amount without my deposit being applied! Does it normally take a day or so to bring over that deposit to be reflected on the new reservation? The new reservation has the full amount due, no deposit information at all is on it. Thanks! Just a little frustrated!

Ok, I called back, got a great rep on the phone, she explained that the front desk is able to email me a receipt, and behold I just received it-she was great, the other guy had a bit of an attitude like he was getting annoyed at me for asking for proof for an almost $400 deposit. Rant is over, thanks for listening!:-)

Good thing there are lots of different people to talk to on that reservation line!!!

Last edited:

I called yesterday to change my PBH room from Bay View to Garden View and saved $212 over 8 days. The TM I talked to was Ray an older man who has been there for years and he was fantastic. After he changed the room for me we talked for another 10 minutes about all things UO. Ray was very knowledgeable and I really liked talking to him. Great customer service.

That's nice to hear, my second rep. was a lovely girl, and when she said she'd have the desk email me a receipt of my deposit, I had it in about 5 minutes! I was busting my son's chops a bit after the guy with the attitude, told him we're going to Disney instead (lol!), it all worked out though!

That's nice to hear, my second rep. was a lovely girl, and when she said she'd have the desk email me a receipt of my deposit, I had it in about 5 minutes! I was busting my son's chops a bit after the guy with the attitude, told him we're going to Disney instead (lol!), it all worked out though!

lynn, last year when we stayed at Royal Pacific we went next door to Sapphire Falls and it is one great resort. Your family will have a blast there.

Glad you got it sorted out......it must be very frustrating when you don't get correct info and have to call back tonget it fixed.

Have a great trip to SF......it is beautiful......we may have a couple of nights there ourselves this year.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!