Very Merrytime 2019 on Dream or Magic?

SailAwayNurse

Earning My Ears
We have never done a Very Merrytime Cruise before, but I’m looking at booking one and wanted some advice. I gave birth to my first last winter (a baby girl!) and since the fall 2019 dates have come up now, I’m thinking of booking a Merrytime Cruise for her first vacation when she is almost 2 in December 2019. I’m trying to decide between the 4 day Port Canaveral vs 5 day Miami with Key West. We will have to fly in to either Orlando or Miami. Which boat is prettiest at Christmas and has the best activities? Would one be better for a 22 month old? I’ve cruised ok both the Magic and Dream in the past and love both, but they are both super different! Any suggestions?

We have never done a Very Merrytime Cruise before, but I’m looking at booking one and wanted some advice. I gave birth to my first last winter (a baby girl!) and since the fall 2019 dates have come up now, I’m thinking of booking a Merrytime Cruise for her first vacation when she is almost 2 in December 2019. I’m trying to decide between the 4 day Port Canaveral vs 5 day Miami with Key West. We will have to fly in to either Orlando or Miami. Which boat is prettiest at Christmas and has the best activities? Would one be better for a 22 month old? I’ve cruised ok both the Magic and Dream in the past and love both, but they are both super different! Any suggestions?
I'm firmly in the "longer is better" camp. So 5 nights wins out over 4.

Also prefer the Magic to the Dream.

We chose to do the Magic Very Merrytime from Miami in 2019. My younger son will turn 3 on the cruise!!

First of all I live an hour from Miami, so it's easier.

But for you I think the Magic might be better because there are less people onboard. Since your little will be almost 2, it will help make it less overwhelming of an experience. I felt like the character lines on Magic were shorter than on the Dream. Based on the Very Merry photos I have seen, they are decorated about the same!

I have been on the Wonder and the Fantasy for Merrytime cruises...I can say that the decor differences are minimal - both have the massive gingerbread house, etc...don't let the decor differences influence the decision, IMHO
The lines for characters (especially in holiday attire) were definitely longer on the larger ship
Barb

I've sailed both and don't think there is much difference to a toddler that young. Character lines were the same for us on either ship: long, unless you show up early. (Hint: Show up early.)

I haven’t been on the Magic, but the Nursery staff was amazing on the dream in January. I also think I heard somewhere that the dream nursery is bigger, and doesn’t fill up as easy. We only used it a couple times but having some adult time was great. Maybe someone has more info on the magic nursery.

We haven't done the Merry time, so I can't compare the décor, but we have been on the Dream and Wonder, with children exactly the age you have in mind. We loved both nurseries, they were great. The Nemo Water/Splash area was a huge plus with that age group on the Dream - loved it, it's also glass enclosed/protected from winds, and shaded, so it's warm in there, yet you don't have to struggle with sunscreen, in comparison the open deck splash areas on the ships are not the same. I did love the less crowded Castaway Cay with the smaller classic ships, but otherwise it doesn't matter too much. 5 nights is definitely better than 4 nights. All in all, I love both, but the Dream has a slight edge with this age group for us. Either way, it will be amazing!!

Thank you so much guys! I think we’ve finally settled on the Dec 16th Magic sailing - hubby wants to go to Key West and the extra day will be nice. I wish the baby could enjoy the Nemo splash area you guys mentioned, but perhaps it would be a bit chilly anyway in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter