Very new to dairy issues

disney144

Mouseketeer
I apologize that this will be long. I'm very new to this possible allergy world and looking for help.

I have suffered from chronic nausea for the last five years. Because it has always been on and off, I have never kept a food diary. The last two months have been miserable, so I kept a food diary. Looking back, all of my issues occur after meals with cheese or heavy cream (soups, creamy cocktails, etc.).

After 5 days of completing eliminating all dairy, I'm feeling like a brand new person. Now here is my issue. In three weeks, I leave for a trip to South America. We have been planning and saving for the last two years and I want it to be great.

I know it is going to be very hard to continue to eat dairy free on this trip. Particularly the butter, as its in almost everything. I know I will need to stay away from cheese and heavy creamy items, but I am considering testing other dairy items.

Everything I've read about elimination diets shows that I will need more time than I have. I'm also hesitant to send everything out of whack in the weeks before my trip.

Any tips for testing the waters? Introducing some items in this short time? Traveling with dairy issues? Surviving?

I have had lactose intolerance for 20 + years. Have you tried taking Lactaid supplements (9000 units)? I don't have an issue with butter or hard cheeses but have extreme "distress" with everything else. I also take the pills when I eat something that may have dairy just in case. At home I use no-lactose milk and actually find it readily available when I was in Mexico and Spain.

I have had lactose intolerance for 20 + years. Have you tried taking Lactaid supplements (9000 units)? I don't have an issue with butter or hard cheeses but have extreme "distress" with everything else. I also take the pills when I eat something that may have dairy just in case. At home I use no-lactose milk and actually find it readily available when I was in Mexico and Spain.

Thank you. I will look into it. I'm not entirely sure it is lactose as the issue is definitely worse with cheese. My symptoms (nausea) are also not along the same line as most lactose intolerant cases I've heard of.

Some words you may need. Sin leche, queso, crema, y otra cosas de leche.
I live in So Florida with a dairy allergy and find these very useful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!