very sad Disney Bride

CastMemberTinkerbell

Disney CM, Disney Bride & most of all a Disney Mo
I'm a very sad Disney bride this morning. The shop where I ordered my wedding gown has closed its doors. My gown is paid in full and I have no idea where my order stands :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Unbelievable!!!! :eek: Sooo sad!!!! :( Don't panic too much! Make some phone calls and hopefully your dress is sitting someplace, waiting for you! Let us know how things turn out!
(Wishing you the best!!!) ---- (Ohh, yes...one thing to remember.....it's not as important to have the "perfect" dress as it is to have the "perfect" guy!!!) :D

Oh yikes! That's terrible! Do you have any contacts for the owners? Names, etc? Have you tried contacting the BBB? Another option, around here there are several news stations with consumer help lines for just that sort of thing. Try contacting one of them and maybe they can help. If you purchased your gown with your credit card, I would call the cc company at once to start trying to contest the charges if it looks like your gown is history. Whatever you do, act quickly. The faster you start trying to recover your money, the more likely you are to get it.

Let us know how this all pans out. Good luck!!!

I feel so aweful for you !!!!!!!!!! I agree with the others when they say your dress is probably safe. Can you remember the name of the owner of the shop??? If you can't, they'll have a record of it that I bel;ieve is considered public information.
I also live in Florida and am headed up to Disney in 19 days. I know this sounds crazy, but if there's anything I can do to help feel free to e-mail me. Even if you just want to vent. The only somewhat good thing is that your wedding isn't till Feb. That gives you some time if you need to find another
I got engaged and married this year in less than 6 months so I know the pressure and can only imagine the heartache. Remember if there's anything I can do!!!!!
Chris

I can not imagine how you must be feeling right now. I am sending a prayer and some PD that all will turn out well.

I am so sorry, but don't worry. When I got married a shop we went into to look at bridesmaids' dresses was closing and the owner said she was still going to honor all the orders placed before she announced she was closing. Logistically, I don't know how she worked it out, but I'm sure she found a way.

They really should have let you know they were closing, but I'm sure there is a way to get in contact with them.

Good Luck - I wish you all the best with your dress and your marriage!

Your dress may be safe. howerver, the more time that gopes by the less likely you are to find another that you love. I used to work for jessica mcclintock, so while you are looking for the owners, here are some questions and tips i have for you.....

Who is the manufacturor? do they have any retail shops? I replaced a dress for a woman overnight whose dressed burned up in a drycleaners fire. They also might be able to trace your order if the retailer is unavailiable, then at least you know if its comming.

how much time do you have left? do you need something right away? Go find a bridal outlet. you can get a dress off the rack and very cheap, so if your dress does turn up, you havent invested alot in a second.

Contact your disney consultant. mickey might be able to pull off some disney magic for you.

We have found a local store that carries the gown that I ordered. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to see what can be done.

I'll let you know what happens

Cast Member Tinkerbell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter