Very, very important question

I can't imagine what the initial booking surge will look at, or even WHEN that would happen considering they haven't even broke ground yet -- right? ... especially with how few rooms it looks to have.

I can't imagine what the initial booking surge will look at, or even WHEN that would happen considering they haven't even broke ground yet -- right? ... especially with how few rooms it looks to have.

Land clearing is mostly complete. I don't think they have poured cement yet, but they have knocked everything down and all the permits are filed. That puts it on par with Tron.

The Riviera is supposed to open in 2019 and you cannot book that yet either.

Trivialities.
Riviera will probably be booked solid and need 6-8 months out to secure a room. We'll get around to staying there someday I am sure. However, if it's booked up, no big deal. There are other hotels.:confused3

There is only ONE Star Wars hotel, sir! My guess is the line to get in will stretch from Orlando to Ontario (virtually).

I see just 2 scenarios for myself.

1. Room packages will be so expensive that our family cannot afford it.
2. The waitlist will be so long that we will be unable to plan a vacation that far in advance.

My bet is one number 1. Looking forward to reading trip reports though since I won't be able to ever visit.

2. The waitlist will be so long that we will be unable to plan a vacation that far in advance.

My bet is one number 1. Looking forward to reading trip reports though since I won't be able to ever visit.

I thought the room prices were already set at $1000 / 2 nights. Unless that's changes. Start saving man!

I thought the room prices were already set at $1000 / 2 nights. Unless that's changes. Start saving man!

That was just a suggested price from a survey. They asked the willingness to pay $1000 per person per night and having to stay 2 nights.

Nothing concrete about pricing has been released.

There is no chance it will be only 500 a night, that is cheaper than the monorail resorts and many of the boardwalk resorts during many times of the year. I can see 1k a night min or maybe the 1000 for 2 days is PP which is more believable.

Well there's always black market organs sales...….

I am very interested in the pricing AND how they market it.

Yea I am a big Star Wars fan, but this thing is going to be locked down SO hard and for SO damn long, I am not even entertaining the idea of staying there til my kid is like 10 - 12 (he is almost 2 now).

I think its a fantastic idea, and all the power to those with the money, and the fans that are going to sell organs, to live this kind of immersed experience, would be amazing if it was more accessible, but its not going to be :(

I am very intrestsd to see how they handle initial reservations, bookings, deposits, and cost.

Wondering if they will institute per person pricing and bill it as an experience.

You don't pour cement, you mix cement with water and aggregate ro make concrete and then pour concrete.

Land clearing is mostly complete. I don't think they have poured cement yet, but they have knocked everything down and all the permits are filed. That puts it on par with Tron.

How exciting. I keep checking to see if anything else has been updated. I am sure there won't be a booking date until early next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!