• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very weird question about cheese

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
Does any one know if cheese is going bad do this to a person
I made salads the other night to go with dinner
I ate the first couple bits and thought this doesn’t seem right I didn’t eat any more of it but was thinking if I get sick it’s probably the cheese
Later on that night it felt like I had a huge lump in my stomach sorry this will be TMI but very gassy that I couldn’t get rid of.
This went on for at least a week mostly when I ate
But the other night I really got sort of scared I woke up and my face was hot nothing else was though I didn’t have a fever.
Then of course I couldn’t get back to sleep just trying to plan things out since I had to work the next day
But I got up feeling great. Everything had passed. I could eat without the lump
Just sort of strange this all happened after I ate the cheese
Any thoughts

More likely the lettuce. Been lots of cases in the recent past of lettuce being contaminated with e-coli. Unless you have a lactose intolerance problem, then it could be the cheese. Hope you are feeling better!

Yes I am feeling better now but it quite some time
It did not move through the system “fast” either. That’s one problem I didn’t have. Sorry. TMI
Never thought of the lettuce
All I keep thinking now is the cheese. It will be a long time before I can eat that cheese again
Funny though like others have said probably something with the digestive track caused this but what a coundence Thst it happened just when I ate cheese that’s seemed like it smelled or tasted right

I think bad cheese probably would have made you a whole lot sicker so maybe it was in the on its way out phase or it could be just just had an off taste in your mouth. The waking up and all was probably just anxiety over if you would get sick, I sometimes forget to check a date on a thing and work myself up over it too. Maybe it is best if you try to slow down during meal prep so you can smell and taste things before plating them. I also like to take a sharpie and write in big number the date I open a thing so I know if I notice maybe the exp date is a bit too far out and it will make me question over time. I do this with stuff in the freezer too if I am breaking up a big package of meats or something like that, a sharpie date saves so much angst.

It is possible that you had a reaction to the cheese, but it is also possible that you had a virus or other illness. If you are concerned, you should see a doctor to rule out any other potential causes. It is important to note that cheese can contain bacteria that can cause food poisoning,or just lacose introlerance ( about it u can read here ).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter