Very worried about tickets I just bought. No voucher given, confused. Should I be worried?

calablovedisney

DIS Veteran
So I had read about a deal on Universal tickets with Daily Getaways on here and so I purchased them today.It was the best price I have found so far and I wanted to check that off my list, but now I am nervous and hoping someone can alleviate my fears. The tix were for 4 adult 3-day park to park tickets, $700. I thought I was going to get a voucher sent to me, but instead I got a confirmation number and the name of a person I need to email or call to set up a pick up date at the Guest Services window. This seems so strange. Has anyone used them before or had a similar purchase and ticket pick up experience? We will be there mid day our 1st day so I don't have to worry about EE, but I am concerned about any mix ups/problems.
Please tell me there is someone who can ease my worries on this!:worried: Thank you so much!

i'm not familiar with daily getaways.
i'm sure someone will come along to help you out with your question.

just posting here so your thread stays on top of the list in the forum
it might catch someone's eye then.

I can confirm that Daily Getaways is absolutely legitimate. I buy hotel points via their deal every year (including a week and a half ago). If I hadn't grabbed passes from UT right before the price increase, I would have tried to get in on today's deal myself. I know this doesn't address all concerns, but hopefully it makes you feel more comfortable about Daily Getaways.

I can confirm that Daily Getaways is absolutely legitimate. I buy hotel points via their deal every year (including a week and a half ago). If I hadn't grabbed passes from UT right before the price increase, I would have tried to get in on today's deal myself. I know this doesn't address all concerns, but hopefully it makes you feel more comfortable about Daily Getaways.

YES this makes me feel better. I went back and clicked on the redemption tab, which I had just missed completely before, and it does say you have to pick them up and contact a rep. I might not have bought when I read that, but I am feeling better now as this was a good savings. The buy 2 get 3 expires before my dates and this was a better deal anyway. I already emailed the contact person so hopefully I hear back and all is well. I will let you know! Thanks

just posting here so your thread stays on top of the list in the forum
it might catch someone's eye then.

Thanks!

What kind of "rep" do you have to contact? Is this like a "will call" situation? Or is the rep someone from a third party - not Universal? I would love to save $100 but I'm nervous too.

What kind of "rep" do you have to contact? Is this like a "will call" situation? Or is the rep someone from a third party - not Universal? I would love to save $100 but I'm nervous too.

It is someone at Universal. The email is a universal email. I emailed earlier, no response yet. They also provide a phone number. Here is part of the email I got after purchasing the tickets. I just Xd out the name and numbers.
HOW TO REDEEM YOUR PURCHASE: Upon purchase, contact XXXXXX at 1-407XXX-XXXX or email XXX.XXX@universalorlando.com. Ticket(s) will be set up for pick up at Orlando theme parks’ Guest Services window on buyer requested date. PLEASE GIVE AT LEAST 14 DAYS PRIOR NOTICE.

I sure hope it's legit. Ejpats said it was above so I believe that! I don't want to tell you to do it since I don't have the whole outcome yet, but it did save me about $100 that I can put towards something else!

Caleblovedisney, thanks for keeping us updated! I chose not to buy at this time but was really conflicted! I would love to save $100 but was a little concerned about the specifics :/ We don't go until July so I think I will wait a bit and not put out the funds right now just in case.

We bought tickets to Busch Gardens through Daily Getaways a couple of years ago and had no problem whatsoever. You don't need to be concerned!

We bought tickets to Busch Gardens through Daily Getaways a couple of years ago and had no problem whatsoever. You don't need to be concerned!

Thank you for posting this!! This makes me feel much better, but being who I am, I am still a bit concerned as I have emailed and called with no response yet. I even emailed the help desk at daily getaways just to confirm what I was doing. Did you also have to contact someone at Bush Gardens and set up your date to pick up your tickets at a Guest Relations window?

We were emailed a document that we had to present at the ticket booth with photo ID to exchange for the actual tickets. I believe it took a while after I purchased them before I got that email. I know I was worried about it initially too, but it all worked out perfectly.

thank you. I did get a call yesterday and I am going to email her today. She will send me an email with a Universal Confirmation number to show for my tickets when I get there. There will also be an extra contact person on there and cell phone number since I come in on a Saturday.
So far so good.

thank you. I did get a call yesterday and I am going to email her today. She will send me an email with a Universal Confirmation number to show for my tickets when I get there. There will also be an extra contact person on there and cell phone number since I come in on a Saturday.
So far so good.

i'm glad that it turned out well for you.
now you have no worries and can just look forward to enjoying your trip to the darkside!

I was the one who initially posted about the onsite hotel deal on Daily Getaways. FYI: I still have not received my certificate from Loews yet but I believe they said to give them up to 2 weeks to email it to me. Its a totally legit site run by the US Travel Association so I am not worried...just hate the waiting!

i knew nothing about the daily getaways when the op created this thread.

since then i have been researching it and finding new things about daily getaways.

to me, i would use it
it's legit, and has fabulous deals.

only thing wrong with it is the deals can sell out fast..

Tip: open up a timeanddate (or the like) on another browser window and count down the seconds. DH and I typically count out loud starting from 10 seconds before so we are more likely to click the button at the right time. Some deals literally sell out in 1 second. I tried last year using this same technique for the RPR stay and still missed out - I was prob half a second too late.

Also - do make sure you read the terms and conditions very very carefully. A lot of times, you are stuck with what you buy as they are usually nonrefundable, kwim?

I picked up two of the 2-night stays at RPR - and now I am not sure if I can swing 2 separate weekend stays before next Spring. It's non-refundable though so I guess we will find a way.

I still have almost a $100 left on my Marriott e-Gift card I bought last year. It doesn't expire though so I am not worried.

I almost bought the Hertz points - 5000 points for $250+. That's enough for a one way rental for a week. I was interested because I am doing that in California this July. I ended up booking a completely cancellable reservation for $314 total with Hertz. I think I would have ended up close to breaking even if I had bought the points since I would still have to pay taxes and fees on top of that. I still have a long time to keep looking for better rates :)

I love buying the Choice hotel points as I can get a Comfort Inn/Sleep Inn for $30-$40 in many places. Great when I am looking for a place to crash.

The Sea World deal was super tempting, but I resisted since we already have DLR this year and I'm planning on upgrading to a Power Pass when we go to Universal in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts