veteran cruisers

wld

<font color=blue>Enjoyed an anniversary dinner at
It seems that many people take several different cruises. This would be our first one for our 25th wedding anniversary. Here is the debate. If we took a disney cruise in May (anniversary is June) we could add a few days at disney, use our still good annual passes and see the flower and garden festival which I have always wanted to do.

Or....should we just wait until June and try an Alaskan cruise? Any Disney cruisers cruise Alaska too?

We went to WDW for our 24th anniversary, again in Dec, were planning to go in May just to the world, but thinking 3 times too much except for a couple three days.

Thank you in advance

I've only taken two Disney cruises and have never sailed on any other cruise line but, from my standpoint, I don't think I would want to. Disney provides a beautiful ship, absolutely outstanding service, great food, and, best of all, the Disney touch.

Also, as an annual pass holder to WDW, I can say that EPCOT is wonderful during the Flower and Garden Festival. You should definitely try to take part in that at some point.

We have done Disney 27 times (will be 28 on Fri.) and have done 4 cruises on Royal Caribbean, including Alaska. I really enjoyed the unique shore excursions (where else can you go dog sledding), but it is totally different from cruising in a warm climate. For me, Disney is much more romantic. We do it every year in Feb. to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Alaska was more of an "adventure trip." The Magic and Wonder are gorgeous ships and the perfect setting for a celebration.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We just finished doing both. It was our 5th Disney cruise & our 1st Alaska. Of course we love Disney & the whole family went along. We haven't done the 7 day, but have done both 3 & 4 day cruises. I would love to do the 7 day as I am a little tired of Bahamas so I would choose to go somewhere else (Eastern or Western). We did Princess to Alaska and it was awesome, but totally different. Just my husband & I for our 30th. I would definitely get a larger room as there is no couch as in all Disney categories. They were both plush & great service. I happen to love the warmer weather, but Alaska was a once in a lifetime experience just sitting on the deck, covered with a blanket, napping, reading, & watching wildlife go by while drinking coffee or hot chocolate. I am sure you would love either experience. Whatever you choose-Enjoy!

Hi, we are going on our first Disney cruise in February, but have been a RCCL Voyager to the carribbean before. We did Radiance of the Seas in Alaska last summer and it was unbelievable!

I loved the carribbean, but I agree with the last poster about the romance of cuddling up watching the amazing scenery. I am not really an outdoor type person, and not very adventursome, but I loved it.

One major thing to consider when cruising is the amount of money to spend on shore excursions. In the carribbean you can get by pretty cheap, but in Alaska to really experience the place you need to take shore excursions, which are costly! The helicopter trips to the glaciers (which are not to be missed!) run about $250/pp. We also kayaked on a glacier lake, (approx. $125/pp) and went salmon fishing approx. $175/pp) plus $80 to process the fish we caught and sent home.

Either trip you take will be great, I truly believe cruising is the way to travel!

Thank you everyone. They both sound so great.

Kajohn,
Radiance of the Seas is the one I am looking at, it sounds so great. We're about 100 mile neighbors, and hmmm I'm a Kelly too!

Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter