VGC at 7 Months?

Thegoatfeeder

Main thing WDW Needs? More Muppets!
Am I right in assuming that the chances of getting 4 or 5 nights at VGC at the 7 month window are more or less impossible? Was always hoping to do 4 or 5 nights at Aulani and then 4 or 5 nights at VGC but I don't own at either.

What are the best months to aim for at VGC? I guess basically what i'm asking is what is the quietest month/time to visit or is this a total no go?

There is often a small chance to get something -- at many times of the year, there will be openings for even a week at exactly 8 a.m. at 7 months out but those then disappear within moments at 8 a.m., indicating that very few rooms are open and the ones whose computers communicate with Disney's the fastest are the winners.

I was able to secure a dedicated 2BR for early June. I walked it for 2 1/2 weeks. However I think the high point cost for that room lowers demand compared to other types.

My trick for booking VGC is to stalk inventory and be ready to immediately book anything you find available. Inside the 7 month window, this location isn't one where you plan your dates and then book. It works in inverse: book the room then plan your travel.

Tip: Keep in mind your cancellation and banking deadlines. Try to avoid snagging a room "just because it is there" if it crosses your key deadlines. Personally, I mostly avoid booking VGC during the last four months of my DVC UY.

I just checked out of a 2 bedroom at VGC yesterday- 4 nights including a weekend. I had no trouble booking it right at 7 months however studios and (and therefore lock-off two bedrooms) were gone at that point. One bedrooms and dedicated two bedrooms were available, but I assume they disappeared shortly after the 7-month window opened.

I used to live in California and went to Disneyland a lot. VGC is not our home resort either but I was always able to get a reservation (1BR). But we never went more than 4 days, and probably our trips were like 3 days. Been to Aulani twice (not our home resort either) and didn't have a problem at 7 month window. I believe the months we went were Spring Break and in February.

It’s hard, but not impossible. I’ve got 5 nights in a studio coming up over spring break. And I got a week over spring break a couple of years ago as well. I’ve also gotten short stays of a couple nights several times.

we have had success booking at VGC for three trips - first one we were able to grab a studio at 7 months but only needed a couple of nights. Second time we booked a studio for D23 Expo (2015) but even with waitlist we could not get a Saturday night in the middle of our 7 night stay so we moved one night to the hotel side and used Disney Collection points. Third time's a charm and we were able to book a 1 bedroom at 7 months for 4 nights this March - the last night was waitlisted and it came through a few months ago. There were a few studio nights available but we didn't want to move in the middle again so focused on the 1 bedroom booking and very glad we did - we'll be getting off the WBPC cruise and having a washer/dryer and more space after 14 nights with 3 of us together on the cruise will be awesome!

I snagged a studio in early August for 4 nights (thurs-mon), but I had to be flexible with my dates. I originally wanted weeknights, but those days were always gone, so as soon as I logged in and saw a room was available, I tried my luck and managed to book it

Been stalking as new to DVC and VGC is our nearest and plan to use close in as well as longer stays with our VGC points.

Single days pop up constantly for studios but rarely in more than 2 days. 1BR stay a lot longer when they pop up; like this weekend quite a few came available lasting a few HOURS.

Been stalking as new to DVC and VGC is our nearest and plan to use close in as well as longer stays with our VGC points.

Single days pop up constantly for studios but rarely in more than 2 days. 1BR stay a lot longer when they pop up; like this weekend quite a few came available lasting a few HOURS.
Best thing is pick up the single that is in your range than waitlist the other days and/or just try to build off that pickup

Just wanted to point out, you can get 7 night studio right now (end of Feb 2021) at VGC no problem. So maybe it's due to the situation or maybe it's not impossible after all!

Just wanted to point out, you can get 7 night studio right now (end of Feb 2021) at VGC no problem. So maybe it's due to the situation or maybe it's not impossible after all!

The point cost per night jumps pretty drastically for that last week in February through spring break season. That definitely makes a difference, but they might not have been grabbed immediately at 7 months due to the current uncertainty as our DLR parks don’t have an opening date yet. 🤷🏼‍♀️

VGC is all about planning a large period of time when you would like to go, and then stalking 7 months out for the entire time until you succeed.

We grabbed some February dates and will see what happens - at least we have them on the books - I didn’t see a whole week but could get 3 to 4 night chunks

It really depends on when you want to go. If you were booking right now at the 7 month mark all of the room types are available, including the studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts