VGC cash reservation question

Megb1

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! Hopefully this is the right forum. We own at VGC but wanted to do a cash reservation. I don’t want to call because our trip isn’t set in stone. It says we can’t book more than 60 days in advance which is fine.

Has anyone actually booked a cash reservation at VGC? Did you get a discount, I know it’s not a given? Is the rate similar to the hotel room rate?

If it helps, we would be possibly looking at middle of the week (2 nights), late April (not for Easter)/early May, studio or 1 bed.
TIA! :)

Hi everyone! Hopefully this is the right forum. We own at VGC but wanted to do a cash reservation. I don’t want to call because our trip isn’t set in stone. It says we can’t book more than 60 days in advance which is fine.

Has anyone actually booked a cash reservation at VGC? Did you get a discount, I know it’s not a given? Is the rate similar to the hotel room rate?

If it helps, we would be possibly looking at middle of the week (2 nights), late April (not for Easter)/early May, studio or 1 bed.
TIA! :)

I attended the annual member meeting 2 years and the question came up about cash room rates at VGC. The board said they are not available due to the small number of rooms. My guess is 60 days is when breakage comes into play for any rooms unreserved. The odds of unreserved rooms is pretty low.

I remember that announcement which confirmed why I'd never ever seen a report of a cash booking at VGC since it opened. You'll need to look at GC if you want to stay at that location.

I remember that announcement which confirmed why I'd never ever seen a report of a cash booking at VGC since it opened. You'll need to look at GC if you want to stay at that location.
I'm guessing as the probably the highest in-demand resort it be hard for them to take any breakage and claim it was the best for the membership. Though makes me wonder what they do with the 2% of points they own there. Wait until 7 months and remove rooms from other resorts?

I would just book with GC. I know VGC is at the end past the pool. But there are still GC rooms mixed in. I wouldn't worry and just book, but make sure you look at the cancellation policy since you might need to change it.

I attended the annual member meeting 2 years and the question came up about cash room rates at VGC. The board said they are not available due to the small number of rooms. My guess is 60 days is when breakage comes into play for any rooms unreserved. The odds of unreserved rooms is pretty low.
Thank you for the info! Hubby said it would be impossible but I wanted to see if I could prove him wrong lol. We will just book gc if we do decide to go through with the trip to the in-laws.

I'm guessing as the probably the highest in-demand resort it be hard for them to take any breakage and claim it was the best for the membership. Though makes me wonder what they do with the 2% of points they own there. Wait until 7 months and remove rooms from other resorts?
That’s why I was hoping there was a tiny chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter