VGC Resale & New Disneyland DVC Tower

Last night as I was stalking the website, I picked up a cancellation for a Saturday night in June. I guess our other option (which is a lot more work but also kinda fun 🤩) would be to continue stalking the site for cancellations and use our existing points.
If I was a local, I’d do this full time using SAP

I can't wait for DLT - I just wish they were putting in light up fountains somewhere that would be like the ones they removed from the Disneyland Hotel
I also wish they would add a slide to the pool and also a quick service please. Adding so many rooms without a new QS is a definite miss and I think my little ones would always be eyeing the DH slide at the other pool

We are about 40 minutes away and my wallet agrees with you! With the addition of 350 DLT rooms, the volume of cancellations will definitely be greater.
I noticed a lot of locals already do this and make good money renting them out. It’s a boon!

I also wish they would add a slide to the pool and also a quick service please. Adding so many rooms without a new QS is a definite miss and I think my little ones would always be eyeing the DH slide at the other pool
Taking away the steakhouse it does make you wonder what they’re going to put in its place which is just next-door. But management seems to point to downtown Disney with all the dining options which is nice and all but it’s a little bit of a walk and also going through security so it’s not at all as convenient as they make it out to be.

Taking away the steakhouse it does make you wonder what they’re going to put in its place which is just next-door. But management seems to point to downtown Disney with all the dining options which is nice and all but it’s a little bit of a walk and also going through security so it’s not at all as convenient as they make it out to be.
I rethink the remodeling of the west end of DTD, and specifically the decision to incorporate a Mid-Century Modern design aesthetic which would tie it more closely, architecturally, to the original DLH and the new DVC tower, suggests that they may put additional food locations in at the west end and sort of make that the dining extension to the DLH complex.

Great thread revival. I don't think it's a coincidence with the future DLT, but I've noticed more VGC resale offerings recently, still $285/pt and higher depending on the details. But there's also a spate June use year posts. I assume I'm not supposed to name the retailer, but is there something particular about June versus other use years?

Great thread revival. I don't think it's a coincidence with the future DLT, but I've noticed more VGC resale offerings recently, still $285/pt and higher depending on the details. But there's also a spate June use year posts. I assume I'm not supposed to name the retailer, but is there something particular about June versus other use years?
this is a great question i've been wondering myself. I have two VGC contracts for June UY but I'm never tempted at these crazy prices.

I was thinking it was someone that bought a large amount split into multiple contracts, then they put them all up for sale

I was thinking it was someone that bought a large amount split into multiple contracts, then they put them all up for sale
I don't think you can split large contracts into small ones. It would take a lot of money and legal hurdles.

I don't think you can split large contracts into small ones. It would take a lot of money and legal hurdles.

I interpreted the above post referring to someone having bought a large amount of points split into smaller denominations at the original point of sale.

Could it be related to when sales initially started, in March 2019? Maybe June UY was the first choice offered and therefore a popular UY for the resort. Just my theory. I feel the same about Aulani and the abundance of August UY there .. sales started in July.

yes, it was the same owner i believe due to UY. Probably a VGC founder. they put up many at the same time. Smaller ones went to board sponsor and bigger ones went up on another is what I surmise.

We are serious about adding on at DLT but it's really going to come down to its PP and chart. When I look at VGC it's better to rent then it is to buy for us. At 300pp and renting at 20pp the break even is at 25 years without factoring cost opportunity which puts it past its expiry.

We are serious about adding on at DLT but it's really going to come down to its PP and chart. When I look at VGC it's better to rent then it is to buy for us. At 300pp and renting at 20pp the break even is at 25 years without factoring cost opportunity which puts it past its expiry.
I recently put in offers for VGC and got a couple of sellers down to $275 (haven’t finalized any deals yet) and I’ve also rented out reservations at VGC for $22pp. With these numbers, how many years would be break even according to your calculations?

18+ cost opportunity. If you were using to rent for profit. If you are using personally you wouldn't go with the max rate because you wouldn't intentionally pay someone else the max rate. A blend of lowest per point at regular rental rate is 275 at 20pp is 23 years + cost opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!