VGC Resale & New Disneyland DVC Tower

Just poking around the DVC page cause i'm in Cali and thinking about pulling the trigger on purchasing a DVC.
Question, whats VGC mean?

Does anyone have an idea when sales will start for the new DLH resort? Do they usually start once they break ground? Planning a 2022 trip, but that is probably too soon for this.

Does anyone have an idea when sales will start for the new DLH resort? Do they usually start once they break ground? Planning a 2022 trip, but that is probably too soon for this.
For example. I think RIV went on sale in March or April of 2019 and opened in December of 19. Just remember that points bought for the new hotel cannot be used anywhere till the hotel opens.

I bought in at VGC for 220/pp. That’s not far off from what resale is now. I think that the opposite of what the OP proposed will happen. The price of VGC will encourage Disney to increase the price of DLHT(is that what we are calling it?). So I wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer the new property at 240$pp or more. This will help retain the resale value of VGC.

I bought in at VGC for 220/pp. That’s not far off from what resale is now. I think that the opposite of what the OP proposed will happen. The price of VGC will encourage Disney to increase the price of DLHT(is that what we are calling it?). So I wouldn’t be surprised to see them offer the new property at 240$pp or more. This will help retain the resale value of VGC.
I really hope all of this is wrong, and that DL Tower starts at more reasonable pricing.

Part of that is because I think it will sell well due to demand, and if the pricing starts high, Disney will likely decide it can price all new DVC resorts that way. While I do recognize that costs go up over time, I want the starting price for new DVC resorts bought direct to stay under $200 as long as possible.

One of the only reasons I bought direct when I did was because the incentives brought my pricing down to $170/point for CCV and $145/point for Riviera. I will take a hard pass I think at DL Tower if it’s $240/point.

Lorana,

I don't want the prices to be high, but you have to look at the built up demand of DVC at DLR. If they can get 220pp direct at VGC, they can get at least that or more for a new property. Now, maybe resale restrictions will have their affects at the new DLT resort but I doubt it. The issue with RIV and CCV was that they were just the newest in a huge market of DVC at WDW, They won't have that saturation issue at DLR. When buying at WDW, most people weigh Resale Vs Direct (savings), Resale restrictions and home resort preferences. Most of this is moot at DLR, there is very little savings to be had buying resale and no effective choice in home resort. So, Disney would be leaving money on the table to not start the new tower at at least 220, and we all know Disney don't leave money on the table. I would hazard to guess that at 230pp they would sell out within a few months if not weeks.

Lorana,

I don't want the prices to be high, but you have to look at the built up demand of DVC at DLR. If they can get 220pp direct at VGC, they can get at least that or more for a new property. Now, maybe resale restrictions will have their affects at the new DLT resort but I doubt it. The issue with RIV and CCV was that they were just the newest in a huge market of DVC at WDW, They won't have that saturation issue at DLR. When buying at WDW, most people weigh Resale Vs Direct (savings), Resale restrictions and home resort preferences. Most of this is moot at DLR, there is very little savings to be had buying resale and no effective choice in home resort. So, Disney would be leaving money on the table to not start the new tower at at least 220, and we all know Disney don't leave money on the table. I would hazard to guess that at 230pp they would sell out within a few months if not weeks.
I don’t disagree that Disney doesn’t want to leave money on the table - that’s my fear as to why it’ll be high! That said, they don’t usually offer a new resort for higher than the current resorts that are selling, and it’s likely that both RIV and AUL will be in active sales then. So the question is, will Disney increase their direct prices to ensure DL Tower is at or below their price? Or will Disney break with the norms and offer a resort that is higher in price?

I do agree that initial sales will go quickly, though I’m not as certain it will sell out in months. I feel like these boards represent only a subset of those who would be buy DVC and/or buy at DL and that many locals may not actually be willing to shell out the prices for a DL DVC. It remains to be seen how many people on the VGC waitlist would be willing to buy DL Tower instead of VGC.

If the upcoming DLT were also in the middle of Downtown Disney with its own entrance into a park and views literally of the theme park out the window I could see it but as they say in real estate "location, location, location"

If they can get 220pp direct at VGC, they can get at least that or more for a new property.
Maybe I’m hearing you wrong here, but I don’t believe Disney would ever price a new resort higher than their flagship resort. VGF is the highest priced on WDW property & VGC will always be highest at DL.

Oh- & it looks like VGC is now over $250pp direct ($260-280? different sources give different numbers & Disney isn’t truly selling any, so 🤷🏻‍♀️). Sadly, only 6 “park” resorts are still under $200pp direct (& that’s the pricing for current owners adding on!!)... so, there’s no doubt they could easily get over $200pp at a new DL DVC property, but not more than VGC.

Maybe I’m hearing you wrong here, but I don’t believe Disney would ever price a new resort higher than their flagship resort. VGF is the highest priced on WDW property & VGC will always be highest at DL.

Oh- & it looks like VGC is now over $250pp direct ($260-280? different sources give different numbers & Disney isn’t truly selling any, so 🤷🏻‍♀️). Sadly, only 6 “park” resorts are still under $200pp direct (& that’s the pricing for current owners adding on!!)... so, there’s no doubt they could easily get over $200pp at a new DL DVC property, but not more than VGC.

Disney would almost certainly raise the direct price on VGF to whatever it needs to be to make the currently- selling resort cheaper and look like a deal.

When

I bought 3 years ago it was 220 which is where I got the number from. I’ve heard the 250 number also. But as you pointed out they aren’t selling it. Even when I bought, I was on a wait list for 13 months and they sold me points in two chunks 2 months apart.

Have they actually broken ground on this new hotel? I know some permits got approved, but I’d like to know where they are in the building process. Has the physical work even begun?

VGC resale prices are going up. I bought for $180 in January for a stripped contract and thought maybe I overpaid. There was one recently posted for $240, it had 2019. I haven’t seen any recently posted for under $200. I’d be a little leery of 2019 points, who knows if you will be able to use them. I’m happy mine didn’t have any old points, I didn’t have to pay 2020 dues.

DVC’s direct price was $280 when I talked to a rep last December. Plus there’s a long waitlist. He asked if I wanted to get on the waitlist. Ah, no.

Have they actually broken ground on this new hotel? I know some permits got approved, but I’d like to know where they are in the building process. Has the physical work even begun?

I’m not certain if they’ve officially broken ground, but there’s definitely construction going on back there. We walked by almost a week ago after leaving Downtown Disney, and there was quite a bit of activity near the old DVC office/surrounding area. We’re unfortunately unable to see the plot the tower will actually be built on...🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m not certain if they’ve officially broken ground, but there’s definitely construction going on back there. We walked by almost a week ago after leaving Downtown Disney, and there was quite a bit of activity near the old DVC office/surrounding area. We’re unfortunately unable to see the plot the tower will actually be built on...🤷🏼‍♀️

Thanks. I only ask because with the way things have been going lately between theme parks and the government in CA, I wouldn’t be surprised if they put this project on the back burner. This isn’t political commentary. It’s well documented that they aren’t in agreement on whether or not theme parks should be open right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!