VGC Sept 2020

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
I am new to Disboards and want to see if getting a DVC would be worth it. My family is planning a trip in September 2020 and want to know if this any availability at GCV. From what I have been reading, at this point it is pretty hard to get, but I am curious

I am new to Disboards and want to see if getting a DVC would be worth it. My family is planning a trip in September 2020 and want to know if this any availability at GCV. From what I have been reading, at this point it is pretty hard to get, but I am curious
I would be very surprised if there is anything available since we are less than 4 months from Sept. VGC typically books up 11 months in advance. However, it may not even be open in September if California and local lawmakers do not allow the theme parks to be open.

No, not at this point. VGC is fine to book at 11 months most times of the year and can even be ok right up until the 7 month mark. Once the 7 month mark hits then non-VGC owners book up the rooms very quickly. The only chance right now for Sept would be to catch a cancellation.

To add, we do not allow owners to post actual availability here as it changes constantly. But, as mentioned, VGC is small and rooms go fast!

My operating assumption is that nothing is available until proven otherwise at < 7 months!

If you buy a contract now, assuming it closes in approx. 3 months, you should be able to book September 2021.

If you were buying direct maybe the cast member you're working with could work so Disney magic but it might be really hard at this time because of the resorts being closed for the past 2+ months. Many members are in a crunch to use their points so they don't lose them.

It never hurts to try, who know you just might get what you want.

If you were buying direct maybe the cast member you're working with could work so Disney magic but it might be really hard at this time because of the resorts being closed for the past 2+ months. Many members are in a crunch to use their points so they don't lose them.

It never hurts to try, who know you just might get what you want.

The waitlist for VGC is minimum 18 months, if not longer. I think someone posted here recently that is how long it took, with many others reporting they’ve never gotten called (not sure how many points they were looking for).

I am an owner at VGC. It's hard to find anything once you get to the 7 month mark. You may find sporadic availability, but that's usually only 1-2 nights. If you want to stay a VGC it is best to own there, and a plan your vacations more than 7 months out. It is a downside to DVC in general. I was able to take a last minute vacation this past June, but I had to check availability for weeks until I was able to find a cancellation.

I am an owner at VGC. It's hard to find anything once you get to the 7 month mark. You may find sporadic availability, but that's usually only 1-2 nights. If you want to stay a VGC it is best to own there, and a plan your vacations more than 7 months out. It is a downside to DVC in general. I was able to take a last minute vacation this past June, but I had to check availability for weeks until I was able to find a cancellation.
Are VGC owners able to book right now? There is nothing at all available, even a sporadic single night, until December. Wondering if that means the rooms are all completely booked or if Disney has blocked them off from booking for the next couple of months.

Are VGC owners able to book right now? There is nothing at all available, even a sporadic single night, until December. Wondering if that means the rooms are all completely booked or if Disney has blocked them off from booking for the next couple of months.

Anything within the next 7 months will likely to be hard to book. Anything 7 - 11 months out will probably be partially available. I was able to book a vacation in January.

I cancelled a stay the last weekend in August due to Use Year and Covid conflicts. I’m trying to peice together a 2 night weekend stay Sept 12-Oct 5. So I’ve checked availability every day, multiple times for a studio or one bedroom on a fri, sat or Sunday night. So I’m qualified to answer this! 🤣

Studios- basically nothing has come open in the last 6 weeks or so of checking. Maybe a random Wednesday, like twice. They disappear as quickly as they come.
One bedrooms- Labor Day weekend dates have come and go a bit, one night at a time, but that’s higher points than I wanted. Just yesterday I snagged september 18! Finally! I’d still prefer a studio, but I’m happy to have gotten anything. I’m still stalking for September 19 or a studio on any of those weekend dates.

So, no, September is going to be hard to get. VGC availability snaps shut right at 7 months and anything you can get after that is luck and effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts