• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vgc waitlist

snyderla

<font color=red>DVC Lori<br><font color=navy>DH lo
Trying to go to Disneyland for our first trip. We want to go in September, but only 2days have been available. We have 2 nights booked in the middle of the 6 nights we need-the rest are waitlisted. I've tried changing dates but no better luck. So my question is, have any of you gotten waitlist requests when booking at 7month window in September? I've never not gotten a DVC room at all. This is very unsettling.

Ability to book at grand Californian is luck of the draw. It's not at all a guaranteed or expected component of your DVC membership, unless you own at VGC and book there before seven months. That said, I've done it in June for a straight week (last year) so it can be done.

It is a very small DVC and it's the only thing DVC at disneyland. So you may not be able to book there. I wouldn't consider it realistic to plan for that specific resort at seven months consistently. Same for Aulani, and for some locations and room types at various times of the year in Florida. Some report wait list success at VGC. Many do not.

The problem is that there's no way to know if you're first on the list or five hundredth...which is natural as wait lists vary in dates and length overlapping your list. "Disappointed" would be reasonable. "Unsettled" is not.

If you were a direct purchaser who was "sold a bill of goods" on this by a DVC salesperson, welcome to the reality sans pixie dust of DVC. And make no mistake, I really hope the wait list comes through for you. But book a cash back up reservation for the dates you don't have covered. Hope is not a strategy...

ETA- reviewed your prior posts and I see you've been a member for several years. So you likely were aware of the above. I will leave it as-is, for readers that don't know this data already. But I still send you good wishes on your wait list. And I still would be moderately pessimistic on it coming through for this specific resort.

People have certainly had their waitlists come through before but it really just depends. I seem to have better luck stalking the DVC website daily for changes. That is how I managed to cobble together a 6 night stay at Aulani over Christmas at the 7 month window from what was originally only 3 nights.

You did not mention your room category or what your dates were for September but if it is during a Run Disney event or something like that it can be very hard to book the VGC at 7 months out.

The general trend is weekends are harder than weekdays and studios are the hardest to book as there are not very many of them. One bedrooms seem to be the easier to book because they are lock offs and someone else has booked the studio that connects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter