VGF monorail transportation

castle1

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know about the monorail transportation for the VGF? Do guests have to walk to the Grand Floridian resort to get the monorail? And, if so, how far is the walk? Thanks! :)

Does anyone know about the monorail transportation for the VGF? Do guests have to walk to the Grand Floridian resort to get the monorail? And, if so, how far is the walk? Thanks! :)

You will need to walk over to the Grand Floridian to catch the monorail.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

A few thousand feet. You can see the distance on Google maps.

:earsboy: Bill

It may be covered but it will be a sidewalk on the ground, there is no high walkway connecting the two bldg...you will have to go past the pool and in the lobby and walk or take an elevator to the monorail floor. I feel not too convenient for such a high price resort. Does anyone know if they've begun to fence that pool? That's the next change I will expect...want to get over there in September for a last swim....

I looked on Google maps and it looks like just a walk..uncovered...doesn't look like too far to walk to Poly for breakfast at Kona's:yay:

I looked on Google maps and it looks like just a walk..uncovered...doesn't look like too far to walk to Poly for breakfast at Kona's:yay:

The construction plans call for a covered walk way between VGF and GF.
Disneys-Grand-Floridian-DVC_Full_14178.jpg

The notation is hard to see in the above image, but it's there just to the right of the shaded entrance to VGF.

Here's an actual satellite image from Google Maps. I'm not sure exactly where they're going to put it, but it doesn't look like any further of a walk than if you were out in one of the outskirt buildings of the main resort. Definitely doesn't look covered, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter