VGF resale price and walkway to MK

sky2823

Mouseketeer
Any chance the increase in VGF resale prices correlates to the walkway to MK permit recently filed?

That would make VGF the complete package

It would be a 0.75-mile walk from the villas to the entry plaza at MK, so it's a fair distance. The walk from BWV to HS is just over a half mile and some consider that too long already.

Personally I would love if it comes to fruition - I would almost certainly walk back at night. But I'm not sure the average guest wants to walk that far.

That would be amazing if they actually had a walkway to MK. Options right now are to wait 30 minutes in line for the monorail, hoping that it is actually running, or wait for the tiny boat to show up then wait another 20 minutes for one guy running the tiny boat to get out, make his way to the gate, open the gate, go back to the boat let people off the boat, make way to another gate, close one gate, open another gate, let people on, make way to the gate, close gate, then get back on the boat. 20 minutes after the tiny boat pulls up you might be at the GF. I'd love a walkway to get back home at the end of the night at the MK.

I am SO excited for this to happen! I always walk back and forth from BC/YC to DHS. CR/BLT is extremely convenient to MK, but I like the theming of GF better and it is always a struggle when staying there. Pretty cool that you would also be able to walk from CR/BLT all the way to TTC now. I am sure it would take a long time, but at least it is an option.

I just hope my VGF points come through before another price increase 😂

No way the price increase is due to any walkway that long!!! People aren't buying because of that, the main reasons will be for something else, not a 3/4 mile walkway.

Great3

Very true. But why after all those years? Maybe they're preparing for new a.new DVD on the opposite side and nearer this new walkway?

Sorry replied to wrong post and can’t delete.
The permit is titled “ Grand Floridian to MK Walkway”

Sorry replied to wrong post and can’t delete.
The permit is titled “ Grand Floridian to MK Walkway”
But that's what the existing road to nowhere is called. That doesn't mean they're completing it, and if you review the permit, no structure is being erected. This permit comes from the authority that regulates stormwater and wastewater runoff. They are not able to authorize the build of a bridge for commercial use. Not their office.

Last edited:
That would be amazing if they actually had a walkway to MK. Options right now are to wait 30 minutes in line for the monorail, hoping that it is actually running, or wait for the tiny boat to show up then wait another 20 minutes for one guy running the tiny boat to get out, make his way to the gate, open the gate, go back to the boat let people off the boat, make way to another gate, close one gate, open another gate, let people on, make way to the gate, close gate, then get back on the boat. 20 minutes after the tiny boat pulls up you might be at the GF. I'd love a walkway to get back home at the end of the night at the MK.

This made me smile because it is soooo true when you take the boat. It’s such a painfully long process.

Am I the only one who thinks 3/4 of a mile isn’t that long? I mean, it’s less than a 20 minute walk for us. :confused3

At the end of a long WDW day, when you've already done 7 or 8 miles I wouldn't be thrilled at another 3/4 miles to get "home". It's not that far though.. It's almost 3/4 of a mile from Fantasyland to the Art of Animation bus stop at MK.

It might not be bad considering how insane the monorail gets at park closing. never rode the boat from MK to GF so can't comment on that part. Still, I'd like a better source before I believed the walkway will be put in place.

At the end of a long WDW day, when you've already done 7 or 8 miles I wouldn't be thrilled at another 3/4 miles to get "home". It's not that far though.. It's almost 3/4 of a mile from Fantasyland to the Art of Animation bus stop at MK.

It might not be bad considering how insane the monorail gets at park closing. never rode the boat from MK to GF so can't comment on that part. Still, I'd like a better source before I believed the walkway will be put in place.

I get that, I do, but I guess I'm just comparing it to the wait for the monorail or the boat at closing which is up to an hour and totally packed. If I can keep walking at a good clip to be back at the resort in under 20 minutes, then I think I can power through. Maybe next they'll install teleportation devices. :rotfl2: When will that technology happen?!?

I get that, I do, but I guess I'm just comparing it to the wait for the monorail or the boat at closing which is up to an hour and totally packed. If I can keep walking at a good clip to be back at the resort in under 20 minutes, then I think I can power through. Maybe next they'll install teleportation devices. :rotfl2: When will that technology happen?!?
Yeah, I've had many long days in the parks, but if I have to stand and wait 30 minutes and get on packed transportation and make all these different stops when I could just walk back in under 30 minutes, I would always choose walking. I walk from DHS to YC/BC.

It is like sitting in traffic during rush hour. I would rather get off the main road and take a detour because I am at least moving. Maybe that is just my personality.

This made me smile because it is soooo true when you take the boat. It’s such a painfully long process.

Am I the only one who thinks 3/4 of a mile isn’t that long? I mean, it’s less than a 20 minute walk for us. :confused3
You are not alone. Our first stay at BCV in June we walked to/from HS several times. Waited with my mom to ride the boat ONCE, and just about lost my mind sitting there... We will always walk from now on. Always.

Once they do this, the only missing part of the walking path is between the Contemporary and the Ticket and Transportation Center.

As a young man in 1974, my brothers and I were not watching the clock as we were in the arcade (where The Wave is today) late one night. As a result, by the time we got to the monorail station, it was closed. We walked from CR to Poly, in the dark, at midnight. We used the monorail tracks as our guide, and that was a really rough walk as there were no sidewalks. Now, every time I ride the monorail, I look down to see no sidewalks still, 45 years later.

Any chance the increase in VGF resale prices correlates to the walkway to MK permit recently filed?

That would make VGF the complete package

Seems like it benefits PVB just as much as VGF to me. I dont think it will affect resale prices though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!