VGF resale price and walkway to MK

As some one who has had to wait over hour and half to get back to VGF, not even at park closing, with 3 little kids melting down in their strollers because the Monorail was having issues that were not being disclosed. This better be true!!!!!! After our last stay at VGF, I almost had my own melt down at the Front Desk after this incident. It took all my patience not to go down to the front desk and unload on the resort manager over this.

I'm almost surprised that there wasn't a riot at the MK monorail station that night! The staff at the station handled the whole situation very poorly, and I don't think a senior manager bothered to show up and take care of the situation.

As some one who has had to wait over hour and half to get back to VGF, not even at park closing, with 3 little kids melting down in their strollers because the Monorail was having issues that were not being disclosed. This better be true!!!!!! After our last stay at VGF, I almost had my own melt down at the Front Desk after this incident. It took all my patience not to go down to the front desk and unload on the resort manager over this.

I'm almost surprised that there wasn't a riot at the MK monorail station that night! The staff at the station handled the whole situation very poorly, and I don't think a senior manager bothered to show up and take care of the situation.
That is EXTREMELY infuriating! With the amount of times it goes down, you would think Disney is prepared to handle these situations :sad2:

This walkway might be the way that Disney is going to handle all the issues with the monorail currently, instead up updating the "trains".

My family frequently walks from VGF to the Transportation Center to take the monorail to Epcot instead of doing the MK loop because most times it is faster. So, the walk from VGF to MK would be a welcome relief compared to playing the Monorail roulete game in the morning trying to get to MK for rope drop, then having to go to the boat launch because the monorails are all full and people are backed up at the station at GF........ and then waiting there.

Last edited:
This walkway might be the way that Disney is going to handle all the issues with the monorail currently, instead up updating the "trains".

My family frequently walks from VGF to the Transportation Center to take the monorail to Epcot instead of doing the MK loop because most times it is faster. So, the walk from VGF to MK would be a welcome relief compared to playing the Monorail roulete game in the morning trying to get to MK for rope drop, then having to go to the boat launch because the monorails are all full and people are backed up at the station at GF........ and then waiting there.

That’s what we do as well. :sad2:

This made me smile because it is soooo true when you take the boat. It’s such a painfully long process.

Am I the only one who thinks 3/4 of a mile isn’t that long? I mean, it’s less than a 20 minute walk for us. :confused3

We have frequently stayed at the Dolphin and Swan and walked to HS. In both directions, and it's about a mile each way, according to Google Maps. It is not a big deal for us, and I'd love it. Last trip the resort monorail was running so slowly (1 train with a problem with its doors ended up holding up EVERY train on that loop), and it took us an hour sitting on the monorail. Boats are enjoyable, even if a bit slow, but with a stroller and sleepy kids, I'd prefer not to have to wake them up and carry a stroller and a sleeping kid.

On another note - I'd take one of the MK-Poly-GF boats any day before taking one of the FriendShips between HS/Swolphin/BC/BW/Ep. Is it just me or are those boats the slowest ever? Also, I am always getting there as they are pushing off.

As some one who has had to wait over hour and half to get back to VGF, not even at park closing, with 3 little kids melting down in their strollers because the Monorail was having issues that were not being disclosed.

Were we there at the same time? This was last April, every afternoon ...

LOL at Monorail Roulette. We do breakfast at Ohana or Kona Cafe when we are staying at VGF and going to EP. OR (yes, we ARE those people) we just do a split stay with an EP resort and never take the EP monorail...

On another note - I'd take one of the MK-Poly-GF boats any day before taking one of the FriendShips between HS/Swolphin/BC/BW/Ep. Is it just me or are those boats the slowest ever? Also, I am always getting there as they are pushing off.

The Friendship boats that travel between HS and Epcot ARE the slowest ever! I suspect it's due to the numerous no wake zones and restricted movement areas. After riding them twice, I now walk to HS when I stay at BCV.

They are preparing for 2021 and all the large crowds they will have for the 50th. They know the monorail will probably be not working properly, so they are giving another option to their premier resort to get to the MK. Maybe they will give free rides on golf carts to the MK. Nothing says luxury like loud golf carts.

Were we there at the same time? This was last April, every afternoon ...

To funny, we usually do Massachusetts April School vaction when it doesn't fall during Easter, and February vacation when it does.

[/QUOTE]
LOL at Monorail Roulette. We do breakfast at Ohana or Kona Cafe when we are staying at VGF and going to EP. OR (yes, we ARE those people) we just do a split stay with an EP resort and never take the EP monorail...[/QUOTE]

We find that the breakfasts' at Ohana or Kona are to big to eat if we are walking from VGF to Poly, then to Transportation Center. We usually grab 2 of the big breakfast platters at the Gaspirilla Grill, and split it among the 5 of us. (We know how to work the Dining Plan to the fullest with the kids quick services).

We made the mistake of going to Ohana for dinner one night, and then doing the Character Breakfast at 1900 Park....... think I put on 5 lbs. in 12 hours.

We made the mistake of going to Ohana for dinner one night, and then doing the Character Breakfast at 1900 Park....... think I put on 5 lbs. in 12 hours.

Wow. That is a total rookie mistake.

I recently did an aquatics tournament (swimming and water polo) and inexplicably I gained a few pounds even though I was probably eating less than usual too. Then I realized that I’d spent the prior weekend on an adults only anniversary trip to WDW where we had Casey’s for lunch, dinner at CG (free champagne), HS after hours (second dessert there, plus popcorn), nosh around the world showcase for brunch, V&A dinner (more free champagne) and CRT breakfast. And I had forgotten to see what I weighed after that weekend of eating.

Love staying at the VGF and if they ever did put a walkway in then that would be excellent. We bought BLT just some could walk to MK. If VGF had of been available at the same time with a walkway, we would of bought at VGF instead of BLT.

The only complaint we’ve ever had about the GF was transportation because of the lines at the end of the day to get on the monorail or the boat. Getting to MK is relatively painless if the monorails are up and running. It’s the next stop. To get back to the GF can be a pain because it’s either the last stop on the monorail or you have to take the unbelievably slow boat. This is the best thing we’ve seen in a while outside of the gondolas.

In that vein, what are the odds this is Step #1 of removing monorails in favor of gondolas at MK resorts because the cost to maintain the monorails has become too high. This would give us all another mode of transportation, walking, to get to MK while the gondolas are being built. I would certainly miss the monorails, but WDW has been removing iconic things left and right. It’s just speculation on my part, but I do wonder...

I understand the frustration when you have little kids, but its not the fault of the people at the front desk or the resort manager.

Had it been me, I might had ordred a MinnieVan and be done with it. The expense is well worth it to avoid my daughters melt down and with 3 kids I would not hesitate.

When on vacation I try not to get too frustrated with things I can't influence anyway. I can have my own melt down but in the end it wont get me anywhere and will only impact my family.

The only complaint we’ve ever had about the GF was transportation because of the lines at the end of the day to get on the monorail or the boat. Getting to MK is relatively painless if the monorails are up and running. It’s the next stop. To get back to the GF can be a pain because it’s either the last stop on the monorail or you have to take the unbelievably slow boat. This is the best thing we’ve seen in a while outside of the gondolas.

In that vein, what are the odds this is Step #1 of removing monorails in favor of gondolas at MK resorts because the cost to maintain the monorails has become too high. This would give us all another mode of transportation, walking, to get to MK while the gondolas are being built. I would certainly miss the monorails, but WDW has been removing iconic things left and right. It’s just speculation on my part, but I do wonder...

I dont foresee them removing the monorails in the future, they have been a too integrated part of the parks and resorts for too long. Wonder how BLT would look without the monorails :-)

I do however foresee them doing some sort of renovation or replacement of the current solution. We rarely stay for park closure as we can see the fireworks from either BLT or VGF. So unless there is a reason for staying we dont, we have however yet to try the dessert party.

I understand the frustration when you have little kids, but its not the fault of the people at the front desk or the resort manager.

Had it been me, I might had ordred a MinnieVan and be done with it. The expense is well worth it to avoid my daughters melt down and with 3 kids I would not hesitate.

When on vacation I try not to get too frustrated with things I can't influence anyway. I can have my own melt down but in the end it wont get me anywhere and will only impact my family.
I think you miss read my post, I actually didn't go to see the resort manager......... "I let it go".

I wish the MinnieVans were an option, but we were packed in like sardines at the monorail station and couldn't get out, and the park closing crowd was exiting. (We left early to avoid this situation!). Disney is really lucky, everyone at the station acted like an adult, this could have been a very bad situation.

If anything, Disney should have provided free MinnieVans and vouchers for cabs and Ubers that night, along with lining up buses for all the Poly and VGF guests to get back home. Transportation Management fell completely on their faces that night. It was by far the worse incident we have had at WDW. Had us, somewhat, rethinking our VGF purchases due to the unreliability of the monorails.

I do actually believe transportation falls under the realm of the resort's manager. If guests and members are paying for transportation to and from the resort, there should be ample transportation options. While the reliability of the monorail is not necessarily under his/her control, once the primary mode of transportation is down, the GM or manager on duty should be attempting to resolve the issue. If MK was a backed up nightmare, I also imagine the resort's lobby and monorail station were as well. Bus service and larger boats should be dispatched in a timely manner to resolve the issue and get guests on their way. 90 minutes is way too long for nothing happening.

I remember the monorail broke down when I was staying in Conch Key in December 2016 on a MVMCP night. The boat line spanned from the deck up to Sugar Loaf with no boat in sight. People were constantly entering and exiting the line going to the lobby to see if the monorail was back up or if a bus was being added. It was a mess! Any WDW resort, especially the flagship, should have a plan in place and communicate that plan with guests.

I agree. These monorails are constantly breaking down. It seems like there should be a better plan in place than the current “wait and see” approach. I really think this walking path is going to be the answer for many of us.

When we were there in March the monorail stopped at the Poly and had no estimate of when it would resume service due to an issue with another train further down the line. Once they made that announcement, all my group as well as many others on the train got off and walked back to VGF. At 11pm after a full day, it was a hike with tired kids, but it was better than just sitting there and waiting. We never did see the monorail back up and running even once we got back to the resort.

All we can hope is that this walking path is being built because they have ordered or plan to order new trains, and it’s the new “backup plan” once the monorails inevitably go down until they can be replaced.

When we were there in March the monorail stopped at the Poly and had no estimate of when it would resume service due to an issue with another train further down the line. Once they made that announcement, all my group as well as many others on the train got off and walked back to VGF. At 11pm after a full day, it was a hike with tired kids, but it was better than just sitting there and waiting. We never did see the monorail back up and running even once we got back to the resort.

We had a similar situation in April, except we stopped at each station for about 10 minutes at a time. So a 30+ minute delay, but in little pieces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!