VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Room 1429 standard view

CM said we'd be able to see fireworks but we were either in parks or at TotWL for them. Great room, possibly my favorite view so far.
Yes, you can, if you had been there.

We were in 1129, and we could see the very tip top of the fireworks. If we have been up higher, we would have been able to see more.

Joining the thread. We just booked a lagoon view studio for one night in July for one day at MK on our way to DVB for a week.

Room 1429 standard view

CM said we'd be able to see fireworks but we were either in parks or at TotWL for them. Great room, possibly my favorite view so far.
Thanks, Airb330, for contributing your photo!

Room 1429 standard view

I stayed in the room directly below (1329) a month ago. Watched the fireworks several nights, the trees blocked a little bit but for the most part it was a top notch spot for viewing.

Gotta agree there :) Sometimes you have to wonder why they didn't just turn that one into a staff lounge or utility/storage room... or even a concierge room. I bet enough VGF owners would pay a point premium or even cash to add a concierge option!
What a great idea!

And the view from 1201 (Grand Villa)

p804501779-4.jpg

p941449913-4.jpg

p993011736-4.jpg

And looking from the end of the balcony around the side of the building:

p558406576-4.jpg

p733818755-4.jpg

p1069247355-4.jpg
Kat, were you able to see fireworks from this grand villa?

What are the odds of getting a studio the first week of Dec at the 7 month mark? Also can you hear the steam train from MK on the balcony?

Kat, were you able to see fireworks from this grand villa?

Sorry, I just saw it on a tour and didn't see the view at night, however I think that all the GV's would have some view of the fireworks with it being better from the higher floors and just seeing the higher fireworks from the lower floors.

What are the odds of getting a studio the first week of Dec at the 7 month mark? Also can you hear the steam train from MK on the balcony?

Are you a DVC member? You can check availability now if so. If not, I will tell you that there is only one night available that week for 2017 in either studio category so it doesn't look good. If you are a member I would book what you can at 7 months and waitlist the rest and cross your fingers.

Monorail view...

We have booked a dedicated 2BR standard view room for next month, and my goal is to get a good monorail view so I can geek out and my family can be amused at my geekiness. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first one with this request so could anyone share a room request list to submit to MS with this goal in mind? Of course, I am aware of the 1 or 2 awful view rooms and hope that bad luck will not come our way...

Monorail view...

We have booked a dedicated 2BR standard view room for next month, and my goal is to get a good monorail view so I can geek out and my family can be amused at my geekiness. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first one with this request so could anyone share a room request list to submit to MS with this goal in mind? Of course, I am aware of the 1 or 2 awful view rooms and hope that bad luck will not come our way...

The beginning of this thread has photos of views from different rooms, rooms facing the front of the resort has the best views of the monorail. Requesting a "monorail view" might get better results instead of specific room numbers.

:earsboy: Bill

Monorail view...

Try for any 2 bedroom standard ending in 25. We stayed in a standard, 2 bedroom #1225 in December, and oh my gosh, the views were amazing. From our balcony, we saw the monorail, but also the fireworks show every night, and a pretty view of the Grand Floridian grounds. It was so beautiful. I think a monorail view would be a pretty easy request to get because many of the standard rooms are on the monorail side. I'm sure the higher floors would be even better, but I can't imagine how it could get any better. Just thinking about that room brings beautiful memories. Also, you could look at the map, and see what room are on the same side as rooms ending in 25. Next time we go, I am going to beg, plead, bribe to be in #1225. Oh, and I personally would ask that it not be ground floor. Can I come, please? I promise I won't take up much room, lol. Good Luck!!

Monorail view...

I think you can see the monorail from just about any room except possibly the Grand Villas.
If you want to maximize the monorail view, look out over Senses Spa, and the DVC Parking Lot.
On the side that looks over the pool and the main lobby, you can still see a good view of the monorail to the left.
Even the Lake View can see the monorail, but it is farther away.

My first VGF trip is in a few weeks, a Mother's Day weekend trip with friends.
I have two questions about the villas and am having trouble finding posts with answers, so I hope it's okay to ask here.
1- I have a 2 BR standard view. On the DVC member site it doesn't say whether it is dedicated or not. How do I know I will receive a dedicated room and not a lock off ?
2- when visiting DW last month I walked over to the GF to get a feeling for the layout of the villa area and noticed the cabanas. I booked one for my group since it is Mothers Day and I thought it would be special. I figured it might save us the trouble of trying to find 6 seats together by the pool. We have morning spa appointments so we won't be able to get out early to select good seats. Also, I didn't notice many umbrellas or shaded areas and I don't like to sit in direct sun for long periods of time. Has anyone ever stayed in a cabana at the GF?
It's $318 for the day and I want to make sure it will be worth it. I'm specifically wondering about space for 6 adults, is it enough? Also, it seems like a noisy location since the slide and Children's area is nearby. Any thoughts on that are appreciated as well.

I am arranging this mom's getaway and really want to make it special, so I appreciate any insights or suggestions.

My first VGF trip is in a few weeks, a Mother's Day weekend trip with friends.
I have two questions about the villas and am having trouble finding posts with answers, so I hope it's okay to ask here.
1- I have a 2 BR standard view. On the DVC member site it doesn't say whether it is dedicated or not. How do I know I will receive a dedicated room and not a lock off ?
If it's a lock off room, the reservation will say it. Otherwise, it's a dedicated 2-BR.

The cabana should be nice. I think you can cancel until the day before, so you should be able to go out and look at them to make sure they meet your needs. There are only six cabanas. If you have a reservation, they will hold one for you.

I love all of the room recommendations and pictures, greatly appreciated. However, I have a simple request. As everyone knows, DVC doesn't allow specific room requests. So, what should I request for our room location? I'm not sure what we are looking for as we have a standard view, one bedroom booked for the week of Memorial Day and would like some suggestions as to what room requests I should place. Thanks in advance.

We finally booked a 7-night stay next Spring using our VGF points since we added on again (add-on-itis is expensive ;) ); previously we've only did 2-3 night stays as we only had 50 points. I completely forget what I even requested in my emails to get nice views; I remember "high floor" but nothing else. Anything in that 'wing' facing the GF itself is great. The other side standard view, of the wedding pavilion is OK (room 1515 area), but we do prefer the monorail/GF side. I'll have to think up what I said before that snagged me 1429 and 1611 on our last two trips. Something about a high floor overlooking the fountain perhaps?

As long as we don't get the dreaded 1221 again...We did our time there once! Ironically that was the only time I didn't request a specific view (we were sick and should have stayed home really, so I was happy someone else could enjoy a better view). Next week we couldn't get VGF for 3 nights in a row as we booked at only 6 1/2 months for Memorial Day, but we did get the Poly for 4 nights instead! We are excited to try the Poly, but I know we'll still be missing VGF; does anyone know if there is a poly view thread so I can contribute?

We have an upcoming stay in a 2BR. What are the room #s I should try to avoid? I didn't realize that there were "dreaded" room at VGF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter