VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

These photos are courtesy of BWV Dreaming. They show the view from VGF #1515, a standard view studio on the 5th floor.

Looking left toward the Polynesian Resort:

IMG_5405.JPG

Looking right toward the monorail:

IMG_5406.JPG

Night time view looking toward the Polynesian with the Wedding Chapel in the foreground:

IMG_5407.JPG

Gorgeous photos! My husband and I are thinking of buying DVC with VGF as our home resort. What have your experiences been with booking around Jan 1st? I would hate to buy VGF and not get to actually stay there.

Gorgeous photos! My husband and I are thinking of buying DVC with VGF as our home resort. What have your experiences been with booking around Jan 1st? I would hate to buy VGF and not get to actually stay there.

Can be tough especially studios (don’t know how many points you plan to buy). We often do 1 or 2 bedrooms which helps but New Years is still a major Holiday.

Can anyone tell me if the grand villas have views of fireworks?

Yes, some are visible over Big Pine Key. It’s not the best view though. Poly or Contemporary are better for fireworks. The GF is better for everything else (yes I am biased).

Last edited:
Can’t speak for studios as I prefer the 1 br.s so wasn’t watching studio availability, but we have a 1 br. standard view booked for 1/1/2020 - 1/12/2020, which we got right at 11 months.

I love 1515, thanks for those photos! I think it's my favorite standard view room.

Speaking of standard view rooms, I was "lucky" enough to get 1421 a few weeks ago. While it's better than 1221 (had that in December 2014), it still isn't a great view considering I requested a fountain view. Oh well, some of us need to be in the XX21 rooms from time to time. I hope I am not in one for another 5 years though to be honest. Here's the good parts of the view, the rest was mostly a roof line. Sorry I didn't take a panoramic like normal, but just imagine a roof in between both photos! It would be nice to link these to post #2, since the other linked photo for 1421 seems to have vanished over the years.

2czyedi.jpg

kdvdy8.jpg

Considering a dvc purchase at VGF. What are the quick service dining options and how would you rate them? We like to purchase the dining plan so the dining options are an important consideration for us.

Considering a dvc purchase at VGF. What are the quick service dining options and how would you rate them? We like to purchase the dining plan so the dining options are an important consideration for us.

Gasparilla Grill is the quick service, it is our favorite resort quick service. It also happens to be the only one that is open 24/7. I would highly recommend you stay at the VGF or even GF if you have not stayed prior to making a DVC purchase for VGF.

Have only stayed at VGF once, but loved Gasparilos. We enjoy taking early morning walks at the Poly when we stay there and often times venture over to VGF and have lunch at Gasparillos. Don’t know if they still have it, but a few years ago they had a fabulous salad that the chefs would create in front of you, protein and some fresh vegetables, very large! So delicious made right in front of you, so fresh!

We love Gasparilos also. They have lots of healthy options, as well as pizza and burgers. There is plenty of table seating, also. Although we didn’t do this, it is still wise to stay in the DVC. Fore you buy, and buy where you want to stay. Most people only purchase enough points for a studio, and they are getting harder and harder to book at the 7 month window.

We are proud owners at the Grand Floridian and have finally decided to upload tons of footage of the Grand Floridian Villas.

(This is a video picture slideshow showing by car driving into the Grand and a map of the villas plus lake views the pool and monorail)

(This is a 4 and a 1/2 minute full video tour of a one-bedroom villa with lake view)

Hope this helps people out.

Gasparilla Grill is the quick service, it is our favorite resort quick service. It also happens to be the only one that is open 24/7. I would highly recommend you stay at the VGF or even GF if you have not stayed prior to making a DVC purchase for VGF.

Captain Cook’s at the Poly is also a very short walk from the Grand Floridian Villas building and is open 24 hours as well :thumbsup2 Gasaparilla Island Grill is fine but there is nothing there that has made me “need” to return. It certainly does not have the number of choices you’d see at a food court at the value resorts, but in my opinion, none of the deluxe resorts’ quick service do.

On the other hand, the pork nachos at Captain Cook’s are a “must get” item every time we visit. They are a poor value on the dining plan as they are only around $9 but they are a huge portion so a great deal if you are paying out of pocket!

Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary (quick 2 stop ride on the monorail away) is another of our favorites - we especially like their bakery case and sandwiches.

We stayed in room 1525 in a standard 2 bedroom and had an awesome view every night of the fireworks. While there is no 1 bedroom on the 5th floor I would think room 1427 that's a 1 bedroom would have a great view as well. When I booked I actually asked for a high floor with the room number ending in "25." Also page one of this thread shows a map of the rooms and then there are some photos for most of the rooms. Hope this helps. View attachment 184158 View attachment 184159
Would you have any pictures of the room? On the studio side was there 2 queens OR 1queen and 1 sofa?

Just back from a week in room 1525. Dedicated 2BR Standard View. The view was pretty spectacular. Direct line of sight to Wishes. Partial lake view or least the green scummy part as it touches the beach. :)

I quickly glanced at this thread before we left and figured a high floor ending in 25, preferably 1525, should be an awesome view but I made no room request at all leaving it to chance. We checked in at 1030am and headed to lunch then Animal Kingdom. I was pleasantly surprised when I got that text at about 230pm stating: "Your resort room is ready. Your room number is 1525. Have a magical day!"

and sorry... I did not realize you didn't have a view pic from 1525. I'll have to check the kids cellphone pics to see if they have any.
Hi
Wondering if you gave any pictures of room? On the studio side was there 2 queens or 1queen and 1 sofa?

Hi
Wondering if you gave any pictures of room? On the studio side was there 2 queens or 1queen and 1 sofa?
The studios does not have two queens.

A regular 2bed will have two queens, but the lockoffs will only have 1 In the studio.

The studios does not have two queens.

A regular 2bed will have two queens, but the lockoffs will only have 1 In the studio.
Yes I am aware that studios do not have 2queens but I was asking about room 1525 which is a two bedroom villa. Some 2 bedrooms are lock off and some are dedicated 2 bedroom. Hoping 1525 is a dedicated 2 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!