Via Napoli or Monsieur Paul for dinner?

ForEver2016

Mouseketeer
We will have guests of all ages with us, from ages 1 to mid-60s! I live and die for pizza and I imagine Via Napoli would appeal to kids more, while the in-laws are French food and wine experts. Help!!

Huge difference in price and food.
Via Napoli is good pizza, but nothing special.
Monsieur Paul was an amazing meal. However, time wise, we spent 2 hours there. Not sure how your 1 year old would do with that time frame. Your in-laws would probably love it. Our older kids did, but I'm not sure younger ones would enjoy it as much as other options.

Via Napoli sounds more ideal for children. A good compromise between a kid-friendly restaurant and upscale French cuisine would be Chef's De France, which seems better suited for all palates. They have traditional French cuisine but they also feature simple grilled chicken, salmon, steak, and a delicious macaroni au gratin for the kids.

Via Napoli has good pizza. But, it's so loud! You can't even hear the people talk at your own table. It depends what type of atmosphere you want. The food was excellent at Chefs de France. It still has a lot of children, but it's calmer and more refined.

I get a little nervous with Les Chefs de France because they travel to France regularly so they expect reallllllly good French food. Heck, even Monsieur Paul makes me a little nervous that they won’t like it. Has anyone ever had a really not great meal at any of the above?

I get a little nervous with Les Chefs de France because they travel to France regularly so they expect reallllllly good French food. Heck, even Monsieur Paul makes me a little nervous that they won’t like it. Has anyone ever had a really not great meal at any of the above?
Lol. I'd be nervous about this as well. Which is why i'd be more inclined to pick Via Napoli. The pizza is delicious, and frankly the pasta is too (candele is so good!). Absolutely delicious. Yes this restaurant is loud, but the pizza would be a hit with the kids. :) I go to Via every single trip. So worth it.

We will have guests of all ages with us, from ages 1 to mid-60s! I live and die for pizza and I imagine Via Napoli would appeal to kids more, while the in-laws are French food and wine experts. Help!!
I'm not sure any advice from these Boards can answer this question for you. So, my advice is.....

Ask your in-laws if they want to maintain their food-snobbery while on vacation (I'm a food-snob too, so I can say that) or if they'd rather watch a young child be happy while the pizza-loving parent of that child approaches nirvana from witnessing the biggest pizza ever!

FWIW, I remind my child that when she was very young - she ruined every single sit-down meal we ever tried to enjoy at Disney.

Ask your in-laws if they want to maintain their food-snobbery while on vacation (I'm a food-snob too, so I can say that) or if they'd rather watch a young child be happy while the pizza-loving parent of that child approaches nirvana from witnessing the biggest pizza ever!

FWIW, I remind my child that when she was very young - she ruined every single sit-down meal we ever tried to enjoy at Disney.

I agree with this! :thumbsup2
BTW the last part....:rotfl2::rotfl:

Via Napoli has good pizza. But, it's so loud! You can't even hear the people talk at your own table. It depends what type of atmosphere you want. The food was excellent at Chefs de France. It still has a lot of children, but it's calmer and more refined.

Agreed about the noise but if you sit outside, much quieter.. but those huge tables are only inside...

Via Napoli is on my must eat place at WDW... love the pizza there...

I have been to both. Monsieur Paul was the best meal I have ever had at WDW. I would book it over Via Napoli again. I liked Via Napoli and would go there again. However if I could only go to one...it would be Monsieur Paul. It’s is a 2 credit meal if on the dining plan though.

Just FYI... the oxtail broth soup is delicious!!!

Never been to MP, have done VN a couple of times and thought it was just ok. I'd defer to the kids though, no fun at all dining with bored, cranky kids. If the food is that big of an issue couldn't you split up for a meal?

This is a tough question. I have been to France and Chef's De France. I tasted a lot of home-prepared French meals, so nothing they'd serve exactly at CDF. I have always found the food at CDF to be delicious and mostly authentic to French cuisine, but nothing southern French people would make. I have no idea which regions your friends have visited in France and what they enjoyed, so it varies. Could you split up? I also recommend Rose and Crown which has a stunning view of Illuminations and they have food for all palates. Or, stick to Via Napoli.

Been to both (MP without kids though). MP is a longer dinner service and more quiet/intimate and VN is loud but has a good variety of food (and I like the pizza). As a parent, I would lean towards VN because of the absolute family vibe and when kids start freaking out, it just blends in with the chaos. When we went to MP, there was a toddler there who obviously had enough and I felt terrible for the parents trying to keep him calm. Not that kids aren't allowed there but I know that I wouldn't enjoy my meal at all trying not to disturb others or spend half the time walking around outside with overtired toddler.

Do not take your French food loving in-laws to Chefs. It's not good and I would barely classify it as French food.

MP is very good and my DS has been going there since he was 5, so I wouldn't be too concerned about your children being there. The food is excellent and the servers are all highly professional, trained wait staff. Via Napoli is also very good, but, obviously, a very different experience. Have you considered any other EP restaurants? Spice Road Table is excellent, kid friendly and you wouldn't have to be nervous about your in-laws comparing it to fine French cuisine? Or, if you aren't on the dining plan, consider bluezoo at the Dolphin which is very close to EP. It's excellent.

Agreed about the noise but if you sit outside, much quieter.. but those huge tables are only inside...

Via Napoli is on my must eat place at WDW... love the pizza there...
Never been there when it wasn't extremely hot in September. Trying a different time of year next time.

I travel to France a lot. MP is good, but... what I think when I am there is "I can get better food for less in Paris" so that could easily be what they think. I personally like Chefs, but I know what it is... American French Food :)

What about leaving the 'bubble' and heading over to the BW/Swan/Dolphin?

They are not going to get reallllly good French food at Disney, even at Monsieur Paul's. For amazing food at Disney, Victoria and Albert's may be a bit more on the mark for your francophile parents-in-law. The decor at Monsieur Pauls, is however, quite interesting (at least it was years ago). It is decorated like the restaurant of La Mère Brazier, where he received his training It was surprisingly accurate. Your inlaws might like having a peek at it, even if you don't eat there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter