Via Napoli-Worth the Hype?

Its pretty good original italian style pizza. Depending on where you live you may or may not have better available to you. But compared to the horrid pizza available most places at WDW, it's amazing. Our kids love it.

VN pizza from the sit down area of the restaurant is delicious. Never had the mezzo style which has a crisper crust by design as we prefer the classic Neapolitan version. The "stuff" offered by the slice at VN's window is of no particular style I'm aware of (certainly not Roman unless Rome, NY, has a special type of pie) although it's still better than the pie offered for takeout on the Boardwalk. Want a good tasting Sicilian slice? Go to Pizza Ponte in Disney Springs which accepts all the dining plans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_al_taglio

The service is part of the unplanned fun for us:D. Will we get a server who knows what he/she is doing this time? At it's worst it's like watching the 3 Stooges with Topo Gigio (Dang, I just dated myself bigtime). I can and do put up with it since I like the eats. The prices seem reasonable to me when I compare it to a good pie's price in CT or NYC.
I wouldn't say your tastes are weird just different. Now if you said you like pizza with pineapple on it that would be weird;).

My husband does and I am convinced he is a demon sent to walk upon this earth! Pineapple on pizza *Shudders*

Sicilian and Roman pies are quite similar in looks but the crusts differ. Most Roman pizza is made on a focaccia base where as at least in NYC, the Sicilian has a dough that is not as airy and has a harder base crust. Never been to Sicily so can't say if the version I know here is the same as on the island. Since strombolli is also on the VN pizza window's menu I'd think this is VN's version of Sicilian not Roman. Whichever style they are emulating I prefer a Sicilian from Pizza Ponte or the Neapolitan from inside the restaurant.

Last edited:
It is certainly better than the Frisbees served on the boardwalk. :tilt: We enjoyed our dinner there. The crust is definitely rustic - not NY or Chi style. We decided on a white pizza - next time we'll do something with red sauce.

My husband does and I am convinced he is a demon sent to walk upon this earth! Pineapple on pizza *Shudders*
We love them despite whatever faults they have. The man thinks the best chicken gravy comes from a can and is made by Franco- American. As long as he doesn't put it on anything I'm eating he can stay:cool:.

It is certainly better than the Frisbees served on the boardwalk. :tilt: We enjoyed our dinner there. The crust is definitely rustic - not NY or Chi style. We decided on a white pizza - next time we'll do something with red sauce.
That pie really disappointed me. So much work to produce a pie a half a second better than your local freezer:(.

Sicilian and Roman pies are quite similar in looks but the crusts differ. Most Roman pizza is made on a focaccia base where as at least in NYC, the Sicilian has a dough that is not as airy and has a harder base crust. Never been to Sicily so can't say if the version I know here is the same as on the island. Since strombolli is also on the VN pizza window's menu I'd think this is VN's version of Sicilian not Roman. Whichever style they are emulating I prefer a Sicilian from Pizza Ponte or the Neapolitan from inside the restaurant.

There's no stromboli at the pizza window. It changed last year and is now called Pizza al Taglio. They have three different types of the large rectangular pizzas and cannoli.

There's no stromboli at the pizza window. It changed last year and is now called Pizza al Taglio. They have three different types of the large rectangular pizzas and cannoli.
Guess they changed menus since the first and last time DGD bought from the window; she's the house pizza cognoscenti now, LOL. She likes Roman style pie (it's having a renaissance in NYC) so since we stay at BWI mostly she can walk herself thru the IG instead of dragging all of us to DS for a slice. Should she like the new version you may well have saved my bacon so many thanks in advance.

Not a fan, we love the sister restaurant Naples in DL but we have been to Via Napoli twice and have had very bad pizza, nothing like the great pizza we get in DL. I think they sometimes have quality issues and are inconsistent and we have just received bad pizzas both times. Much better than any other pizza at WDW though, the QS pizza is a joke, so bad.

I LOVE this restaurant. Im Italian and from NYC and I can't find good pizza anywhere in Florida and this places is hands down the best. I also love their arancini (rice balls) and tiramisu. Sadly, the last time I went I ate way too much, had lots of cheese and tried so much on the menu that I regretted it later. But definitely try it.

We weren't overly impressed with it but you're right that it definitely does get a lot of hype, especially on these boards. From the chaotic waiting area to what we thought was "just OK" food and relatively slow service, we weren't in any rush to go back. If you haven't tried it, you should though. I'm all for trying things at least once. Via Napoli has many fans as you can see!
This is our families take on Napoli as well. We have went twice and both times it was okay, and it's hard to find any food place in WDW that's really "worth" the price they charge.

There's definitely hype. I've been once and this is what we got...

28528969041_0c0c2e43e6_z.jpg

While not completely lacking, we felt they'd gone a bit light on the toppings compared to other pizza pictures I'd seen. And while I don't mind a thin pizza, this was horribly thin and soggy. I remember rolling up my pieces to try and eat them by hand because they were limp like a cooked piece of spaghetti when we picked them up. My parents have been back since this visit and felt the smaller pies were executed much better than the big ones pictured above, but in both visits, they felt the service left a lot to be desired. I'm now gluten free and dairy free, so there's no point in me going back.

My 12 yo would say "yes"! This thread is making me hungry. We have a Naplesstyle pizza place here. It's not as good but I feel my dinner plans may be changing. ;)

the pizza is alright but I can get just as good at home for half the price, and I live in a tourist area.

The meal was not even that cheap there... i mean it's cheap compared to some other things I guess but I still think I paid over $60 for 2 with tip there. We split an arancini, a small pizza, and I had a cocktail. Can have lunch for two at LTT with ooey gooey toffee cake for dessert for less so it seemed like a lot for me for "just pizza." around here an 18" really good pizza is about $20 and will feed at least 4 people - I can only ever finish one slice.

The arancini was pretty meh and the cocktail was alright but none of it added up to being worth what I paid.

Haven't been too impressed with the rest of the menu (much prefer Il Mulino), but their pizza is probably the best at WDW. When our kids were younger, it was a favorite of theirs. Now that the kids are older and its only 2 of us, we rarely do pizza at WDW. Not sure about any hype of the restaurant, but the pizza doesn't disappoint.
Do not do the pizza window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter