Via Napoli

mydisneyanytime

Mouseketeer
We recently ate at Via Napoli. I was disappointed in the food quality. I had heard such great things! My white pizza was soggy and just blah. My daughter got the lasagna and my son the spagetti and neither were very good. The desserts that we tried didn't have much flavor other than the chocolate sauce that we dipped them in. I did like the appetizer risotto balls and the meat platter. Those were pretty good. Did I just catch them on an off night? I am going back with some friends in Jan. and we have a reservation for there again but I am thinking about changing it to something else.

That is too bad - we love Via Napoli and are planning on eating there again in January. We love the pizza and the atmosphere. A little pricey but it is Disney.

We tried it in November and weren't that impressed either. I felt the same having heard such great things. I'd be willing to try it again but we're not in a huge rush to go back.

We recently ate at Via Napoli. I was disappointed in the food quality. I had heard such great things! My white pizza was soggy and just blah. My daughter got the lasagna and my son the spagetti and neither were very good. The desserts that we tried didn't have much flavor other than the chocolate sauce that we dipped them in. I did like the appetizer risotto balls and the meat platter. Those were pretty good. Did I just catch them on an off night? I am going back with some friends in Jan. and we have a reservation for there again but I am thinking about changing it to something else.

Personally I think that Via Napoli must just have really inconsistent food, and my husband and I have only ever hit it when it was bad. We LOVE the sister restaurant in Disneyland, Naples, everything is so delicious and well made, but we have been to VN twice now and both times our food was bad. The first time our pizza wasn't just soggy it was wet and gross, we hardly ate any of it, the second time the top of the pizza looked as if it hadn't been cooked at all and the bottom was completely black and burned, not just slightly charred. We won't be trying again.

We had the same experience with poor quality and taste. Ate there once and never returned.

We eat there occassionally. Never had great food, but never had bad food. Agree that it has not been as good as Naples in DL.
In general, we tend to skip Italian at WDW as we have very good at home. However, if we wnt Italian, we will go to Il Mulino. More expensive, but worth it.

I've never had a bad meal at VN. Bad service, usually, but never bad food. We usually get pizza, either margherita or pepperoni, but last time I wasn't in the mood for pizza so I ordered the spicy pasta. It was amazing! I wasn't even that hungry and I finished every bite, it was so good.

We've always had good experiences at VN. Sounds like you had an off-night. Glad you are giving it another chance.

Via is one of my faves. Sorry that you didnt enjoy it. Honestly if you're not a big fan, maybe try some place else in January? Its always nice trying new things. :)

Via Napoli was just OK for us. We ate there in October and it was extremely busy and chaotic. It took 45+ minutes for our two individual pizzas to come out. I can cut them some slack on the length of time it took because I know most people there are ordering pizza and they are all made to order.

The pizzas themselves were very thin and the toppings were large - chopped/cut up largely and just plopped on top. Made it very difficult to pick up and eat. And because the dough was so thin, we didn't find it that filling. I'm quite familiar with the thin wood fired pizzas (and I'm from NY), but this dough was spread out a bit too thin, IMO. Could have just been the person making it.

Via Napoli was just OK for us. We ate there in October and it was extremely busy and chaotic. It took 45+ minutes for our two individual pizzas to come out. I can cut them some slack on the length of time it took because I know most people there are ordering pizza and they are all made to order.

The pizzas themselves were very thing and the toppings were large - chopped/cut up largely and just plopped on top. Made it very difficult to pick up and eat. And because the dough was so thin, we didn't find it that filling. I'm quite familiar with the thin wood fired pizzas (and I'm from NY), but this dough was spread out a bit too thin, IMO. Could have just been the person making it.
I've heard this complaint before. And to be honest, most of the complaints come from people who order the large pizza's. I've seen people try to eat the large pizza's with lots of toppings, and it looks quite messy and floppy. I've only ever had the individual size so i cant relate. But I do get where youre coming from. I wouldnt be impressed either. I love thin pizza, but that seems a little too thin.

I must have been lucky enough to catch them on a good night when I went this past year. We ordered individual pizzas and thought they were really good- and I'm from NY! Not soggy, not burnt, just right. The service was decent too, and food came out pretty quickly, but we did eat at an "off" time around 4:30. We also had a nice quiet spot in the corner of the restaurant. I recommend going at a "slower" time of day for a better chance at decent, fast service and a less chaotic atmosphere. For the food quality, just pray for a good cook that night I guess, lol.

I've been twice and both times (cold or rainy out) the waiting area was so packed and our wait was so long that I was over it before we were ever seated. In the dining room the tables were packed so closely that in order for someone to get up a diner at the next table had to get up to let anyone out.

I'm not a big fan of pizza anyway so Via Napoli is off my list for now.

Last edited:
I eat there every trip, sometimes twice a trip. We love the pizza and I'm a true pizza snob from NJ. My aunt recently went and tried it. She made another ADR while there for another day. It's my DD's favorite restaurant on property.

The place can be very loud!

Via Napoli is one of our favorites as well, but I do know that it gets a lot of not-so-great reviews.

As a PP has mentioned, we have only ever gotten individual sized pizzas...so maybe there's something to the theory that the large sized ones are floppier? I've never personally eaten the spaghetti or the lasagne there, so I don't have any idea as to whether those dishes are always bad or if it was an off night when you were there.

On our last visit in September, we were there on the "Eat to the Beat" package, so in addition to an individual pizza we got the spicy pasta dish a PP mentioned, and I totally agree -- it was incredibly delicious! We also had a very good buffalo mozzarella appetizer and an absolutely heavenly dessert with an Italian name that translates in English to something like "ugly but good"...it was divine!

Restaurants are so tough...we all have such different palates and food preferences, and when you add in that restaurants can also have off-days, it makes it so hard to find one that can be "universally recommended." I'm really sorry you were so disappointed in your meal, OP...Disney food is so expensive, so it stinks when it isn't palatable. I know we have been to a few highly recommended WDW restaurants where we didn't end up liking the food too, so I can definitely commiserate with what you're feeling.

It has a very strong following on DIS, but our one and only experience there was nothing special either. With so many interesting places to eat at WDW now it's not likely we will try it again.

The large pizzas are very floppy. Definitely a two hand approach or even the fold-over. This past October, Dh and myself had so much fun watching the Mom and son next to us tackle the large pizza. Needless to say every time they would pick up a slice, all of the cheese and toppings would slide right off. :laughing:

I know I have a warped since of humor, but come on...one would think after it happened once,,,even twice...they would figure out what to do.

As a PP has mentioned, we have only ever gotten individual sized pizzas...so maybe there's something to the theory that the large sized ones are floppier?

Our individual sized ones were "floppy" last trip. IMO, since they are made to order, it just depends who is flattening out the dough and the circumstances around the kitchen at the time.

Our individual sized ones were "floppy" last trip. IMO, since they are made to order, it just depends who is flattening out the dough and the circumstances around the kitchen at the time.
Bummer...well, so much for that theory! And actually, now that I think about it, I usually eat "Neapolitan style" pizza with a fork and knife, so I guess I never looked that closely at whether mine was floppy or not. In a town where we lived for many years, there was a Neapolitan style pizza restaurant, and the owner's wife told us on our first visit that (according to her, at least), this style of pizza traditionally was served unsliced, and eaten with a knife and fork. I guess I never questioned whether that was her take or the "real deal", lol, and it probably impacted whether or not I noticed that the pizza was floppy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!