Victim of hit and run at Mickey parking structure

geekb

Earning My Ears
I was parked at the Mickey and friends structure on Monday March 27. After my evening at Disneyland I went home, but noticed the next morning that my car had been hit on the front driver side. I'm assuming the person who was parked to the left of my car hit me when they were trying to leave. I tried contacting Disneyland to see if I could obtain footage of the area I was parked in because there was no note left on my car. The guest services told me security only has access to the cameras and they could only give footage to the police. I've filed a police report, but not sure how much they will look into this or if they will be able to obtain footage in time. Is this my only option in hopes to obtaining evidence?

99% Police will do nothing. Last time (not the first) this happened we called the police they came said they would look at the camera footage. Saw them drive into the parking lot where this would be located and back out. Police report said no footage available..... In any event depending on your state you may be able to have it covered under uninsured driver on your policy - in my sate we could not- if not it will fall under comprehensive and subject to your deductable . For us we paid 750 and called it a day..... Other places wanted almost twice that so get multiple estimates. It sucks but you are more than likely chasing a dead end those cameras are for people security not car.

99% Police will do nothing. Last time (not the first) this happened we called the police they came said they would look at the camera footage. Saw them drive into the parking lot where this would be located and back out. Police report said no footage available..... In any event depending on your state you may be able to have it covered under uninsured driver on your policy - in my sate we could not- if not it will fall under comprehensive and subject to your deductable . For us we paid 750 and called it a day..... Other places wanted almost twice that so get multiple estimates. It sucks but you are more than likely chasing a dead end those cameras are for people security not car.
Yea I'm not keeping my hopes up. I had to file a police report regardless since my insurance requires it for the hit and run claim. Just sucks having to deal with this and it makes me not confident parking my car when I go to Disneyland now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter