Victoria & Alberts discontinuing 7 & 10 course options starting July - confirmed

jfh

Earning My Ears
I just called Victoria & Albert's to change a waitlist request and learned that that beginning this July they are moving to 9 to 12 course Chef <something> (didn't quite understand/hear) offerings in both the main and Queen Victoria room, replacing the 7 course and 10 course offerings.

The price will be $235, with optional wine pairing at $150 and various menu upgrades.

Anyone know exactly what differences/changes are planned? Still going to go, just wondering what to expect.

That is very interesting. We got the experience the Chef's Table for my wife's 40th Birthday and it was more than I had ever expected and the food was absolutely delicious. The next time we go back we have talked about doing Queen Victoria's Room. Now, I will be curious how it has changed or what they added. Victoria & Albert's hasn't changed their website yet.

You will have to report back after you go as to what changed.

Interesting. I have a reservation for late July, booked some time ago, and haven’t been contacted about any changes.

She also said that the only difference between the main room and the Queen Victoria room in addition to the intimacy of the room will now be a different level of service (she called it butler like, if I remember correctly). I don't know exactly how that's different from the regular room.

I'm not going until December so hopefully someone else will learn more before then.

Heck ya let's do that! We loved the 10 course. Got lit up with the wine pairing. That's great news for Disney dining.

I think they call all their servers butlers and maids but don't know from personal experience.
Also wait listed but for November.

I think they call all their servers butlers and maids but don't know from personal experience.

Yes, they do. But I don't really understand how much more service you could have in the QVR vs. the main room.

My best bet that on word you missed was dégustation.

It might imply more courses, but smaller plates.

Then again, it's up to the chef.

Reactions: jfh
We have a reservation on July 8th, so far have not heard anything about changes. My phone call should be coming sometime this week and I'll post anything I find out. Will be sort of disappointed if the 7 course isn't available. We did that two years ago and liked having the ability to choose different items for each course. I'm sure it will be an amazing evening regardless.

Interesting! We have the main dining room booked for my birthday in Sept—our first time. Curious to see when they’ll announce all this and what all the changes will be. :)

Just checked the email I received on June 7th. Here is the wording, going to assume this will be correct for our visit.
Pricing –

Our Main Dining Room serves a 10-course menu (starting at $235 per person with accompanying wine pairing starting at $150 per person) with the option to select 7-courses (starting at $185 per person with accompanying wine pairing starting at $105 per person). All prices are exclusive of tax and gratuity and prices are subject to change. Please note that we do not accept the Disney Dining Plan.

Reactions: jfh
I have a reservation in late July and received the below via email today. The email doesn’t acknowledge any change... just states the below. It doesn’t appear there is a choice... could be 8-12 courses depending on chef preference, if I read it correctly, for a starting price of $235- plus alcohol or “extras”. I’m sure it will be amazing... and remain excited to visit.

Menu Style- Victoria & Albert’s offers a Chef Degustation Tasting menu with a vast array of textures and flavors. Our menu is seasonal as Chef Scott, Chef Aimee along with the culinary team are on a quest of always finding the perfect balance between classic and modern touches. Allow at least 3 hours for the dining experience. On average, the menu will be between 8 and 12 courses. The amount of courses may change based on the size of some of the culinary creations.

Pricing – Menu price is $235.00 per person (for food only) not including supplement items, alcoholic beverages, gratuities or taxes. A wine pairing is also available upon request at a price of $150.00 per person.

Last edited:
Interesting, can't wait to hear some real live reports after someone has gone. We had the 7 course with wine pairing in the main dining room and couldn't eat all that. Our bill came out to a little over $700 with tip, not sure we would do that many courses, with a wine pairing for each that would be $770 without tax and tip. From what I understand you used to be able to share the wine pairing but you can't now, we would be happy with that because we couldn't finish the wine either.

Probably smaller plates. I did a 12-course at Eleven Madison Park some years ago and the plates were definitely smaller than V&As. Haven't had a single opening for either QV or main dining room show up for my trip in October though - this would be fun to do.

Well, those two emails pretty much confirm the change. Not sure I'm a fan of this, but since I've only been once over 20 years ago I may not remember what I'm missing. ;)

Here's hoping that less choice doesn't mean a lesser event. Looking forward to reading reviews from anyone dining there after July 3rd.

From what I understand you used to be able to share the wine pairing but you can't now, we would be happy with that because we couldn't finish the wine either.

How can they stop people from sharing a wine pairing? If one orders it and both take sips from the same glass what could they possibly do? We like the idea of wine pairing, but expect that if each of us orders a pairing it will be too much, even with smaller pours over 3-4 hours.

I have a reservation in late July and received the below via email today. The email doesn’t acknowledge any change... just states the below. It doesn’t appear there is a choice... could be 8-12 courses depending on chef preference, if I read it correctly, for a starting price of $235- plus alcohol or “extras”. I’m sure it will be amazing... and remain excited to visit.

Menu Style- Victoria & Albert’s offers a Chef Degustation Tasting menu with a vast array of textures and flavors. Our menu is seasonal as Chef Scott, Chef Aimee along with the culinary team are on a quest of always finding the perfect balance between classic and modern touches. Allow at least 3 hours for the dining experience. On average, the menu will be between 8 and 12 courses. The amount of courses may change based on the size of some of the culinary creations.

Let us know if you get the phone call asking about preferences and allergies. I hope they will still be able to offer alternatives for those that have issues with certain foods.

Let us know if you get the phone call asking about preferences and allergies. I hope they will still be able to offer alternatives for those that have issues with certain foods.

Will do. The below was at the top of the email so I do expect a call. It does not specifically reference “preferences” but I don’t know that it ever did. I’m sure they don’t want a free-for-all with 30 different variations on a 12 course menu purely due to preference, but I can’t imagine a restaurant of that caliber not doing everything in its power to ensure guests are happy.

We will reach out to you about one week prior to this reservation to obtain any celebratory information for your party, any allergies/dietary needs and names of your guests.

1) Alas, even V&A is suffering from high prices.
2) Disney is beginning top learn that, "If We Build It, They Don't Always Come.".

NOTE: If we did not get at least a 40% to 50% discount on dining, I doubt we would ever eat at WDW. Ogre (I mean Iger) can make his HUGE bonus off other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter