Victoria and Albert's 1st Wedding Anniversary

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Victoria and Albert's
November 9th 2019

Hi! I haven't been over here in a long time! We gave up our annual passes since we've been doing a lot of trips to Europe and I haven't been to Disney since April. Going through withdrawals for sure!
You may or may not know, but I was married at Disney last year on 11/11. For our one year anniversary we went up for the weekend (went to Universal) but had dinner reservations at Victoria and Albert's to celebrate.

It was definitely weird being so close to Magic Kingdom, but not going into the park. The Gingerbread house was in the process of being built while we were there. So pretty!

This was my first time being there since they opened the new bar Enchanted Rose. We got there pretty early since we had to drive from Universal and I didn't want to be late, so we had plenty of time to pop in for a drink. I had an espresso martini that was really strong and delicious. It was really crowded inside since it was Saturday night and we couldn't find anywhere to sit. We ended up sitting on the couches where the band used to play.

Onto one of the best meals I've ever had. I really love this restaurant. For my honeymoon in England we went to a 3 star Michelin restaurant and it didn't even come close to here.

I thought the wine glass stems were really cute.

The menu for this evening. DH menu was slightly different since he doesn't eat pork. He had a scallop instead of boar.

My drink of the evening, basically an alcoholic milkshake that was really delicious.

DH got a Jack and Coke.

Our first course was an amuse bouche. It was Alaskan King Crab with caviar. A really delicious way to start.

Our first bread course.

The butter that came with the bread is unsalted so they provide salt in that little pink container.

Continued next post...

Victoria and Albert's Continued

The next course was langoustine, which is sort of like a lobster. This was in a spicy Mexican sauce that I would not have thought would go well, but was actually really delicious.

This is the Glacier 51 Tooth Fish from Antarctica. This fish was probably my favorite of the night and I'm not a big fan of fish at all. On top of it was potato glass, which tasted a bit like a potato chip.

We both added on the additional item of Turbot. This is probably one of the most delicious fishes we've ever had.

The way the menus are done now are different than how they used to be. Before they had two menus, one 7 courses and one 10 courses that you got to pick. I believe it was last year that they switched it over to only one menu that will vary between 8 to 12 courses. The chef will also do two surprise courses. The above picture is the first surprise course. It was braised short rib, but probably the best I've ever had and I order that dish a lot.

My next drink was another espresso martini. I think the one from the Enchanted Rose was a little better, but this was still really good.

Our next bread course and butter. I forget exactly what this was, but it was really good.

The next course was quail. This was really good.

DH's sea scallop that he said was cooked to perfection.

My wild boar, which was really good.

They provided a spicy sauce on the side. I added it to my plate in a decorative way that I think Gordon Ramsey would be proud of.

Reached picture limit, continued next post...

Our final bread course was definitely my favorite. This is truffle infused bread and truffle infused butter to go with it. So good!

The main course of the evening was Victoria and Albert's take on a traditional filet mignon. There were even onion rings, which was definitely an elevated take on the traditional dish.

This was my plate, I had the meat cooked a bit more than DH.

DH got the cheese plate for his next course.

I got the vanilla plum gelato, which was good, but I do wish I had gone with the cheese plate instead.

They plate the cheese table side. I had a bite of the second piece from the left, which was Gouda.

The second surprise dish from the chef. This was the most amazing dessert I've ever had. It was a sort of flan type dessert with berries, not really sure how describe it except it was heaven in your mouth.

The way they make coffee is the coolest thing. These are different from how they used to do it, definitely more efficient. They said they can be bought from Amazon.

It's science! The water is heated and moves up to the top and then when the flame is turned off the coffee falls down into the little coffee pot.

Continued next post...

Since DH doesn't eat anything with pork he didn't have the last dessert on his menu and instead of a souffle. I decided to switch mine out to have that as well.

This was really good, but I was so full by this point I only ate half of it. I know people see the tiny portions and think they'll walk away hungry, but you definitely don't. At the end of the meal they gave me a red rose and we boxed up the chocolates to go. It was a really wonderful way to celebrate our first wedding anniversary.

If you have the chance to dine here I highly recommend it.

Happy Anniversary! What a way to celebrate. Your meal looks phenomenal!

Thanks for the memory reboot. We had an anniversary dinner in the Queen Victoria Room a few years ago. It was amazing! And I totally agree about the turbot. It was fantastic -- and I'm a seafood lover!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter